PDA

View Full Version : resort recommendation

Tinkerkel
03-08-2014, 06:27 PM
We love staying at All-Star Movies but are considering Music or Pop for our next visit. Where would you stay & why?

brownie
03-08-2014, 07:45 PM
I'd probably stay at Pop Century over All-Star Music. It has its own buses and a bigger food court. I do like the theming at All-Star Music.

natedog24
03-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I'd choose POP for the reasons listed above (food court, own buses) and also because:
- it's across from the Art of Animation Resort and you can walk across to at least check out the new resort.
- You can take the bus to AoA when leaving the parks if that one comes first and walk over to POP.
- AS Music isn't as "Disney Themed" as POP.
- Maybe someone with more knowledge of bookings and promos can help out, but it seems like whenever a Room Promo is released, it's not as good for AS Movies, since that's the most popular AS anyway.

For me, if you're leaning toward Music or POP, it's a no brainer to go POP.

jonahbear2006
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Pop is very cute. I have done all of the values except for music. I was not a fan of sports and it seems that is the least popular of all of them, but movies is fun, too. I would choose pop over all of these others.

Disneyfun
03-09-2014, 04:29 AM
One of the biggest draws for me to book at Pop vs any of the All-Star resorts is that Pop tends to be a quieter and calmer resort.

Many of the individuals that attend the youth sporting events and the cheerleading/dance competitions tend to stay at the All Star resorts. They tend to be, as a whole, a bit of a noisier crowd. We unknowingly stayed at the Music during one of the cheerleading/dance competitions and could hear them either practicing or showing their 'spirit' at all hours of the day and night. After that stay, you couldn't pay us to stay at an All Star again.

For us, it is Pop, AoA, or rent DVC points! :)

VacationDisney
03-10-2014, 02:18 PM
We like POP because of the larger food court and the fact that POP has it's own bus service.:thumbsup: