PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Magic Tour?

garthbarth1
03-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Hello All!:mickey:
We are planning a trip for September, and was thinking of doing the Backstage Magic Tour! We have done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and we really enjoyed it. This tour includes all 4 parks:thumbsup: Would love to hear anyones experiences with this..if it was worth the 7 hour day?? Thanks so much!:cloud9:

2Epcot
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
I did this tour many years ago, and really enjoyed it. I say it is worth it if you have the extra day to spare.

retiredfigment
03-07-2014, 09:45 PM
My DD and I have done this twice. First time was excellent beyond my wildest expectations and well worth the 7 hours. (Which includes lunch) The second time we did it, the tour actually showed us some things the first one didn't and left out some things fromthe first. Again the tour was really nice, but not as nice as the first. Like anything, it probably depends on who the guide is. As said, if you have the extra day, or are just plain curious or nosy, it really is informative.

rkmemkc
03-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I did this tour many years ago and as many times as I have been to WDW, this tour was a definate highlight!! We went in through back entrances to all 3 parks (this was pre-AK), under MK in the utilidors (which is engineering genius), saw where they create the Character Heads as well as seen where they repair/paint the horses for the carousel, drew on a cell in the animation trailers behind MGM (at the time) and went in the back entrance of American Adventure in EPCOT and go up close and personal with the stars of the show!! All this and LUNCH!! When DD turns 16 we are doing it again! If you are already in love with this place, this tour will push you over the edge! I highly recommend it. Have a great trip!!!

azcavalier
03-21-2014, 09:38 AM
We did this last April, and it was really nice. Our guide had held various positions throughout the Disney organization, including for a time the head of the shop that builds and maintains the ride vehicles for all of the parks. Some highlights:

1. Going to see the Central Shops where they were refurbishing ride vehicles.

2. The greenhouses where they grow the topiaries

3. The projection system and backstage workings of "The American Dream" show at Epcot.

4. Being in the World Showcase early in the morning before its open to others.

5. The utilidors.

6. Learning about how the Tower of Terror was created, works, and is maintained, plus the evolution of the current ride's safety systems.

DKA041177
03-24-2014, 09:07 AM
I have always wanted to do one of these tours...but I am always torn on devoting the time from an already time-stretched vacation to do it!

DisneyGiant
03-24-2014, 01:01 PM
You definitely need to have a day for this that has no plans, other than the tour.

I enjoyed this tour a lot, including our lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe.

I went during the Food & Garden Show - so the Topiary Greenhouse was EMPTY, except for "dead" old topiaries.

And the backstage area where the old rides were fixed - its more like its on-stage now just for the tour - you really don't see people doing anything - kind of cool though, nonetheless..... They give you saftey goggles to wear - cracked me up.

If you are a WDW fan - this tour is definitely worth the $$$