PDA

View Full Version : #runICOT Official Meet & Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - January 7-11, 2015

Melanie
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend -
January 7-11, 2015
:mjump::donald::goofy:

OFFICIAL #runICOT Marathon Weekend Page:
http://intercot.com/news/runicot/

We'll be updating this with more information as we get closer to the event!

Events:
Walt Disney World Marathon - January 11
Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 10
Goofy Challenge - January 10-11
WDW 10K - January 9
Family 5K - January 8
Dopey Challenge - January 8-11
Kids Races - January 8-10

Registration Opens April 22, 2014 at noon

Event Costs:
Dopey Challenge
$530 by June 24, 2014
$560 between June 25, 2014 and August 19, 2014
$590 on or after August 20, 2014

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
$360 by June 24, 2014
$380 between June 25, 2014 and August 19, 2014
$400 on or after August 20, 2014

Walt Disney WorldŽ Marathon
$170 by June 24, 2014
$185 between June 25, 2014 and August 19, 2014
$200 on or after August 20, 2014

Walt Disney WorldŽ Half Marathon
$170 by June 24, 2014
$185 between June 25, 2014 and August 19, 2014
$200 on or after August 20, 2014

Walt Disney WorldŽ 10K
$105 by June 24, 2014
$120 between June 25, 2014 and August 19, 2014
$135 on or after August 20, 2014

Disney Family Fun Run 5K
$60 per participant by September 23, 2014
$70 on or after September 24, 2014

runDisney Kids Races
$15 per child by September 23, 2014
$20 on or after September 24, 2014

Mickey Mile
$30 per child by September 23, 2014
$35 on or after September 24, 2014

Click here (http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/marathons/signup.html) for reminder email notification for runDisney events.

Official Page here (http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/)

Melanie
03-07-2014, 07:43 AM
They might have just priced us out with that Dopey cost. :eek: We'll probably hold off and do another WDW race next year, and then one in California so my hubby can get another C2C.

BrerGnat
03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
They might have just priced us out with that Dopey cost. :eek: We'll probably hold off and do another WDW race next year, and then one in California so my hubby can get another C2C.

But you're still planning to go to this event right? Or no?

Melanie
03-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Probably not? I don't know.

BrerGnat
03-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Probably not? I don't know.

Not even to be on the cheer squad? You're going. You just don't know it yet. :p

Melanie
03-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Not even to be on the cheer squad? You're going. You just don't know it yet. :p

I don't know. I do know it's killing James, because this is the 10th anniversary for the Goofy Challenge, and he's all about the anniversary bling. He did the very first one, and wants to do this one as well.

BrerGnat
03-08-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't know. I do know it's killing James, because this is the 10th anniversary for the Goofy Challenge, and he's all about the anniversary bling. He did the very first one, and wants to do this one as well.

Well then he should just do the Goofy! No need to do the Dopey again, right?

Melanie
03-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Well then he should just do the Goofy! No need to do the Dopey again, right?

That's what he's thinking.

BrerGnat
03-08-2014, 03:46 PM
It's a substantial $$$ savings...

That price for the Dopey is ridiculous.

JMTStone
03-10-2014, 12:46 PM
I've already ordered a new #runICOT shirt (in smaller size) and hope to do 5K and 10K and if my training goes well enough... the 1/2. If not... I'm #runICOT cheer squad. Feather boa and all!

John
03-25-2014, 09:45 PM
#runICOT is going to run to support THYCA (www.thyca.org) and Thyroid Cancer Awareness / Survivors.

You'll register as normal with Disney but all #runICOT gear proceeds will be donated to the charity. YES, we will be doing a new color for this year and a special commemorative shirt.

We may even do a shirt pack - so you can have a fresh shirt every day and specific colors for each day! As Ian called - a ROY G BIV thing.

Registration will open April 22, 2014 at Noon EST for the Walt Disney WorldŽ Marathon Weekend! Details coming soon.

John
03-25-2014, 09:46 PM
I've already ordered a new #runICOT shirt (in smaller size) and hope to do 5K and 10K and if my training goes well enough... the 1/2. If not... I'm #runICOT cheer squad. Feather boa and all!

I'll give you a deal on the new shirts since you just ordered and didn't know what we were doing... Promise.

badkitty
03-26-2014, 01:27 AM
Great supporting the charity.

Yay! New shirts! Can't wait.

JMTStone
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
I'll give you a deal on the new shirts since you just ordered and didn't know what we were doing... Promise.

Thanks John. I'm looking forward to #runICOT. Running for charity makes it even BETTER.

And I hope the new shirt(s) matches my boa and tutu... but if it doesn't I'll have fun shopping for new accessories!

JMTStone
04-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I just booked my room at AKV. Hoping to switch it to Boardwalk again when the 7 month window comes. I liked walking downstairs to cheer.. but then again, I'll be running more next year than I did last year.

John
04-11-2014, 12:54 PM
More details coming REALLY SOON! We're starting to get excited.... and a preview: Gary, Ian, Mel and John are all committed to going. Gary said if John ran a 10k, he would be there and John said IT'S A DEAL! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
04-11-2014, 01:06 PM
More details coming REALLY SOON! We're starting to get excited.... and a preview: Gary, Ian, Mel and John are all committed to going. Gary said if John ran a 10k, he would be there and John said IT'S A DEAL! :thumbsup:

Awesome! I was so sad to miss this year's event. Stupid deployment. Anyway, since we had to cancel, our race registrations were transferred over to the 2014 Marathon weekend. DH and I are already signed up for the 10k and him, the Half. We can't wait!!!

Disney4us2
04-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Signing up for cheer squad this time.... and the Icot meets:mickey:

JMTStone
04-15-2014, 03:31 PM
I signed up for the Erie, PA 1/2 in September (for my 45th birthday) so I guess I will be doing the 1/2 in January.

I wish there was a name for the 5K, 10K and 1/2. Its not Goofy, its not Dumbo but it *is* something. I will call it the Mickey Hat Trick.

Melanie
04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Early registration starts tomorrow!!!! Signing hubby up for Dopey and I'm doing 5K again. I had so much fun cheering at the 10K last year. I don't want to give that up.

Melanie
04-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Ready to sign up today, and I made our Shades of Green reservations last night. Woohoo! I'm ready!

JMTStone
04-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Signed up for 5K (with hubby), 10K and... the 1/2. I *have* to run through the castle once in my life. I can't wait to see how many different #runICOT shirts I'll have! I'll miss you guys in the cheer section but will make sure I stop by for High-Fives! And during the 1/2 I'll get my picture taken with our Goofy - because not only will the lines be too long for REAL GOOFY... I'll also be slow!

badkitty
04-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Way to go JMTStone! You will love the half!

I decided on the 10K but I've been really busy at work and completely forgot about the early signup for APs. It was still showing available on the AP page but when I got through the registration process, I received the message that I "failed the limit check". Bummer. I guess I'll need to wait then for the regular registration. :(

JMTStone
04-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Way to go JMTStone! You will love the half!

I decided on the 10K but I've been really busy at work and completely forgot about the early signup for APs. It was still showing available on the AP page but when I got through the registration process, I received the message that I "failed the limit check". Bummer. I guess I'll need to wait then for the regular registration. :(

I hope you get in on the regular registration. I was surprised to see that was the first "sold out" as well. I would have thought 1/2 or whole first. Or Goofy even.

Christine
04-19-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm signed up for the full!! My first!!

Looking forward to another fun #runICOT weekend :number1:

badkitty
04-19-2014, 05:04 PM

Good for you! I'm too chicken.

JMTStone
04-19-2014, 09:02 PM

Your first FULL. So proud of you. I have to figure out how I can find you and cheer as many times as possible.

I think you're the only #runICOT full marathoner, right?

Christine
04-20-2014, 08:44 AM
Your first FULL. So proud of you. I have to figure out how I can find you and cheer as many times as possible.

I think you're the only #runICOT full marathoner, right?

Nope, Mel's hubby James will be out there! :)
I'll be eating his dust! ;)

As for cheering- PLEASE BRING SNICKER BARS!!! I've decided those will get me thru the race!! :mickey: just chunk them at me as I stagger by!! :blush:

Melanie
04-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Nope, Mel's hubby James will be out there! :)
I'll be eating his dust! ;)

Well, ICOTee by marriage. ;) He appreciates the cheers though! But last year, Beth (disneygoofball) and her hubby ran the full. Actually they did Dopey, which is amazing!

We'll have Snickers on hand. :thumbsup: I'll be at the road down from Shades of Green (one of the reasons to stay there for the marathon) to see you at mile 7 or whatever it is, and then will head on to DHS or Boardwalk to cheer with the group at mile 24ish.

whymsycalwitch
04-21-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm signed up for the full!! My first!! :number1:

Me too!!!!

I'm trying not to freak out but.....!!

cer
04-21-2014, 04:32 PM

Yay! You'll be great!

cer
04-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Me too!!!!

I'm trying not to freak out but.....!!

You can do it!!!

AgentC
04-21-2014, 10:59 PM
And during the 1/2 I'll get my picture taken with our Goofy - because not only will the lines be too long for REAL GOOFY... I'll also be slow!

Nothing wrong with steady and slow.

I forgot to post last week. I registered for the 5K and 10K during early pass holder registration. I might also be registering my daughter for the Mickey Mile.

No idea yet where I'm going to stay.

Dsnygirl
04-22-2014, 09:13 AM
You guys all rock.... so proud and happy for you guys!! We'll probably be cheering from home... but we'll buy the shirts for sure, anyway!! :) (We'll be in FL a month later, so not sure we can/should swing a trip in Jan, too... I'd LOVE to try the 5K or 10K, but I'm sure they'll be sold out by the time we might even change our minds.... :blush:)

So hopefully you'll be able to hear us cheering from here!! Really crossing our fingers that we'll be able to be permanent #runICOT cheerleaders with nothing more than a drive over by 2017.... :fingers:

cer
04-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Good luck everyone with registration!

So sad I won't be joining you in 2015 :(, but if you have any questions about any of the "extras" they offer (pasta in the park party, runners retreat, brunches, etc.) I can tell you what is offered and what those events are like as well as any of the running events. I'd be happy to help in any way. :thumbsup:

Ugh! I hate to miss it this year....

Boo.

Melanie
04-22-2014, 09:24 AM
First of all, just want to say how inspiring you all are! I'm loving looking back to last year at this time and getting everyone excited for our first #runICOT event, and then now how much interest we have and how so many of your have upped your personal antes. And so excited about bringing our fundraising efforts into the mix and helping THYCA. It's amazing! It's going to be a great event. I CANNOT WAIT. :joy:

Open registration starts today at NOON EDT! Get those sign up typing fingers ready. I'm actually quite curious to see how quickly things sell out this year. With the Dopey being new last year, things went so quickly. Maybe some of the novelty has worn off? We shall see! But, I do expect the Goofy Challenge to sell out quickly as this is the 10 year anniversary and there will be a special spinner medal (it's all about the bling!) and also an email we got yesterday mentioned a new medal for the Full as well. Anyone else receive that?

THE WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ MARATHON WEEKEND
PRESENTED BY CIGNAŽ ON SALE TOMORROW!
January 7-11, 2015

Join us to complete the most magical 26.2 miles on Earth. The course takes you through all four Walt Disney WorldŽ Theme Parks and there's an all-new Mickey Mouse finisher medal for you to remember the magic!

BriarRose0708
04-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Good luck today everyone, I hope you all get to register for your race(s)! I won't be there physically but I'll be cheering in spirit. It's an amazing experience whether you are running/walking or cheering.

Dopey's Girl
04-22-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm registered for the 5k! Thought about the 10 too, just can't see myself training for it this year. So for the rest of the races I will be part of #cheerICOT!

YAY!!!

badkitty
04-22-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm registered! 5K and 10K. I'll be cheering those in the half and full. :thumbsup:

Everyone is so amazing and inspiring. This is going to be awesome! I can't wait to order my shirts. I'll need at least three.. :mickey:

Happy training!

AgentC
04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm registered for the 5k! Thought about the 10 too, just can't see myself training for it this year. So for the rest of the races I will be part of #cheerICOT!

YAY!!!

I'm registered! 5K and 10K. I'll be cheering those in the half and full. :thumbsup:

Everyone is so amazing and inspiring. This is going to be awesome! I can't wait to order my shirts. I'll need at least three.. :mickey:

Happy training!

I'm glad you both got in It's crazy how fast it is filling up. I added a registration for my daughter to do the Mickey Mile on Saturday. :)

Melanie
04-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Registration UPDATE: Dopey 80%, Half 60%, 10K 80%, 5K 70%.

Dopey's Girl
04-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm glad you both got in It's crazy how fast it is filling up. I added a registration for my daughter to do the Mickey Mile on Saturday. :)

I wanna watch that!

Buttercup
04-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Jenn and I are booked for the 5K!!! Probably going to stay at AKL this time, just to try something new.
Looking forward to running with you all again! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
04-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Good luck today everyone, I hope you all get to register for your race(s)! I won't be there physically but I'll be cheering in spirit. It's an amazing experience whether you are running/walking or cheering.

BOOO. We will miss you Nikki

dnickels
04-23-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm in for my 5th straight Goofy Challenge. :mickey:

Melanie
05-14-2014, 02:20 PM
New Challenge announced for Marathon Weekend.

From runDisney blog:

SAIL AWAY TO A NEW CHALLENGE

Are you ready to set sail on a Disney Cruise? Today, we are excited to invite you to join us at the Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge during the 2015 Walt Disney WorldŽ Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna!

This inagurual event will combine any eligible race during Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend plus the Disney Castaway Cay 5K during the January 12 sailing from Port Canaveral, FL on the Disney Dream, hosted on Disney Cruise Line's private island, Castaway Cay! Complete both races within the pacing requirements and you'll earn the Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Medal in addition to your Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and Castaway Cay 5K finisher medals.

Which races are eligible, you ask? Any race that includes a distance of 5K or longer. So, complete the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, or either of the Goofy and Dopey Challenges, and you're eligible to enter the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge!

The race fee will include a race bib, t-shirt, 5k Medal, Challenge Medal and a post race refreshment. There will also be exclusive activities designed for runDisney guests, plus featured menu items and special merchandise, just for the cruise! The entry fee does not, however, include your cruise booking, which will have to be made separately through Disney Cruise Line.

Challenge registration opens Friday, May 23 at Noon ET. Complete details, including registration and booking procedures, are available now on the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend event page. We hope to see you sailing away this January during Inaugural Disney Castway Cay Challenge!

Yungbuck73
05-14-2014, 04:05 PM
We were thinking of doing the Magic which goes out on the Saturday (I Think), but this may be another option.

"This inagurual event will combine any eligible race during Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend plus the Disney Castaway Cay 5K during the January 12 sailing from Port Canaveral, FL on the Disney Dream, hosted on Disney Cruise Line's private island, Castaway Cay! Complete both races within the pacing requirements and you'll earn the Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Medal in addition to your Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and Castaway Cay 5K finisher medals"

I wonder what the Pacing Requirements are going to be????

BrerGnat
05-14-2014, 04:26 PM
I wonder what will happen if the ship can't dock in CC? Happens frequently during the winter months.

Christine
05-14-2014, 04:28 PM
I have very mixed feelings about this! I shall reserve my comments until I have time to think & learn more.

JMTStone
05-15-2014, 09:06 AM
You know I LOVE a Disney Cruise and now that I'm running, the Castaway Cay 5K was on my bucket list (Especially after I saw Justin's photos from his run).

I don't think this particular cruise will be in our budget. (We have Marathon weekend and are DL Hopeful in 2015)

And I'm curious about whether there will be a cost at CC going forward for the 5K.

BrerGnat
05-15-2014, 09:27 AM
I wonder what the Pacing Requirements are going to be????

The Castaway Cay 5k has NO pacing requirements at this time. Who knows what will happen when there are hundreds of people running it, though.

AgentC
05-15-2014, 09:51 AM
It look like they added a pacing requirement to get the medal. This is from the RunDisney site. The bolding is mine.

*The number of registrations for the 2015 Walt Disney WorldŽ Marathon Weekend races and the Castaway Cay 5K is limited and subject to availability. To be eligible for the Castaway Cay Challenge runners must enter their cruise reservation number at the time of registration for a 5K or longer 2015 Walt Disney WorldŽ Marathon race event. All races are subject to age eligibility requirements and capacity limits. All race registration fees are non-refundable. Runners must complete both races within the 16-minute mile pacing requirements and must have an official time for each race to receive the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal. Runners deferring any 2015 Walt Disney WorldŽ Marathon Weekend 5K or longer races will not be eligible for a Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal. Events/races may be subject to delay, change, or cancellation for inclement weather or other safety concerns.

I'm a bit confused. It says you need to enter your cruise reservation at the time of registration for your 2015 Marathon event but since everyone is registered and it is sold out, I'm not sure how that would work.

It also mentioned needing an "official time for each race". Since the 5K is eligible but not currently timed except for the Dopey, I assume they will be putting something in place to give chips to those doing the challenge.

BrerGnat
05-15-2014, 09:56 AM
It look like they added a pacing requirement to get the medal. This is from the RunDisney site. The bolding is mine.

I'm a bit confused. It says you need to enter your cruise reservation at the time of registration for your 2015 Marathon event but since everyone is registered and it is sold out, I'm not sure how that would work.

It also mentioned needing an "official time for each race". Since the 5K is eligible but not currently timed except for the Dopey, I assume they will be putting something in place to give chips to those doing the challenge.

Thanks for the clarification. I was also wondering how people would register for this after they have already registered? Really, Disney couldn't have gotten this worked out and announced prior to when registration opened? Sounds like it's mostly a desperate attempt to fill an otherwise empty cruise ship for that particular sailing.

Yungbuck73
05-19-2014, 04:09 PM
We took the Dream the Day of the Full Marathon this year, and it was a very full sailing. Also a few people had all their medals from the dopey and goofy challenge which was cool to see.
I think at this point we are def out. We have done the Dream 3 times already and are going to do the Magic which leaves the day before for a 7 nighter which we haven't done yet.

Yungbuck73
06-07-2014, 08:18 AM
So today was the 7 month window for booking DVC and looks like most resorts are pretty booked up. We were looking for a studio to save some points, and all we could get was Saratoga Springs. I booked just to make sure we had something. I'm gonna try to waitlist Boardwalk. We are booked so we will be there. :mickey:

JMTStone
06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
So today was the 7 month window for booking DVC and looks like most resorts are pretty booked up. We were looking for a studio to save some points, and all we could get was Saratoga Springs. I booked just to make sure we had something. I'm gonna try to waitlist Boardwalk. We are booked so we will be there. :mickey:

We are at AKL this year. Waitlisted for Boardwalk and Beach Club. We'll see what happens. Doing more races this year I won't be cheering as much so I don't think I'll be really bothered if we don't make it. Cheering and holding on to Snickers for the whole is my only cheer job. #runICOT and #cheerICOT is the goal. I don't even know if we will be going into parks. I think I learned my lesson from last year... hitting the parks after the races caused HITTING THE WALL Saturday night falling asleep in the bed at 7 PM while Jon ate Pizza.

Christine
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Mmmmm. Snickers!!! I love you Mel!!

jonahbear2006
06-10-2014, 02:43 AM
im in for TOT, Dopey, and Star Wars. God have mercy on my soul :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
08-07-2014, 06:58 PM
So I finally made a decision that since my calf is not healing as good or as fast as I would like, I am going to defer my 10K for Marathon Weekend to 2016. I just don't feel like I'm going to be ready in time. I am very disappointed.
Dawn and I will still be there to cheer every morning (well I will be at least, Dawn loves her sleep). On Sunday, we will be taking the Disney Magic for a 7 nighter so cheering that morning will be cut short.
We are still doing the 5K for Wine and Dine weekend since that is not able to be deferred. we will be walking the whole way and still doing the Post race party at Epcot for anyone who will be there.

AgentC
08-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Sorry about your calf, Justin. I know you were looking forward to the 10K. :( I'm glad you'll still be there to cheer. It wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll be at Wine & Dine doing the 5K. I'm still deciding about the Finish Line party.

Yungbuck73
08-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Sorry about your calf, Justin. I know you were looking forward to the 10K. :( I'm glad you'll still be there to cheer. It wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll be at Wine & Dine doing the 5K. I'm still deciding about the Finish Line party.

Thanks Cindy. I'm bummed but I feel better knowing that we will still be there to cheer.
From what Melanie and Christine have told me, the finish line party for wine and dine is really fun. We will at least see ya at the 5K and of course cali

AgentC
08-08-2014, 08:28 AM
T
From what Melanie and Christine have told me, the finish line party for wine and dine is really fun. We will at least see ya at the 5K and of course cali

I do want to go to the party but we will have the kids so I am trying to figure out the best way to make it work. :)

SBETigg
08-08-2014, 08:41 AM
You're all making me want to go! I might even be able to run by the 2016 one. Have been hitting the gym every day and working up to it. :thumbsup:

AgentC
08-08-2014, 10:09 AM
You're all making me want to go! I might even be able to run by the 2016 one. Have been hitting the gym every day and working up to it. :thumbsup:

You should definitely come. It's not a normal Disney trip at all but still so fun. Cheers to you on the new workout schedule. :)

Melanie
08-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Justin, important thing is getting back healthy. Good deal that they will let you defer. We'll be happy to have you cheering whenever you can be there. :rocks:

I'll be there for the Wine & Dine, but to be honest, it's going to be a whirlwind trip. Our boys will be with us and my in-laws are meeting us there. Let's definitely plan to meet up before the 5K though, okay?

BrerGnat
08-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Sorry to hear that Justin. I am still registered for the 10k but I am pretty worried about it. I am still not back to running yet and am not sure how I'll do it. Worst case is walking most of it but even walking is painful right now. No deferring for me though as this is already a deferred registration from this year's event. I have to just do it. Glad you're still going to make it that weekend though!

Melanie
08-08-2014, 10:31 AM

Like Cindy said, it's not your typical Disney trip. Lots of early mornings and I'm normally just flat out exhausted by Sunday, but it's oh so fun! Come on down and #CheerICOT!! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
08-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Justin, important thing is getting back healthy. Good deal that they will let you defer. We'll be happy to have you cheering whenever you can be there. :rocks:

I'll be there for the Wine & Dine, but to be honest, it's going to be a whirlwind trip. Our boys will be with us and my in-laws are meeting us there. Let's definitely plan to meet up before the 5K though, okay?
Def meet before the 5k Are you running Melanie? Also we are doing the after race party so maybe could meet up with you where you are cheering?

Sorry to hear that Justin. I am still registered for the 10k but I am pretty worried about it. I am still not back to running yet and am not sure how I'll do it. Worst case is walking most of it but even walking is painful right now. No deferring for me though as this is already a deferred registration from this year's event. I have to just do it. Glad you're still going to make it that weekend though!

Not gonna miss the weekend. Was so much fun last year. You take it easy too

badkitty
08-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Sad news, Justin and Nat, that you are still having issues. Justin, it is probably wise to defer. Nat, I'm sorry to hear you can't defer again. Hang in there! January is still a ways off.

BrerGnat
08-08-2014, 07:17 PM
I am staying positive. I still have five months to prepare. Prior to getting hurt, I could easily do a 10k so it's just a matter of slowly working up to the distance.

Melanie
08-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Def meet before the 5k Are you running Melanie? Also we are doing the after race party so maybe could meet up with you where you are cheering?

That's just it, I don't think we're going to be cheering. :blush: My boys and I had such a blast in Epcot while the race was going on when we were there last time. Until the racers start pouring in, it's really uncrowded and FUN! :thumbsup:

Melanie
09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Great news for those who missed out on the full or half marathon.

Via the runDisney Facebook page:

We are excited to announce the "Goofy Giveback." Starting today we are taking a limited number of Goofy registrations, breaking up the challenge and opening up additional individual registrations for the 2015 Walt Disney WorldŽ Half Marathon and Marathon. Learn more: http://bit.ly/1qUXLwp

Melanie
10-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Updated original post with photo of just released medals. :number1:

JMTStone
10-15-2014, 08:50 AM
I can't wait to see the shirts!

Buttercup
10-22-2014, 10:07 AM
I want me some ROYGBV shirts! Any idea when they'll be released?

badkitty
10-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I want me some ROYGBV shirts! Any idea when they'll be released?

Me too!!

Disney4us2
10-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Just ordered my Run Icot shirt for the cheer squad....whooohoooo

Any meals planned yet???

JMTStone
10-29-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm curious about the shirts and the meets too!

Being honest, last year I only ran the 5K then cheered the 10K and 1/2. And Saturday night at 7 PM Jon said I was a walking zombie and passed out in our room while he ate boardwalk pizza. So I missed the Jellyrolls meet.

This year I'm running/walking the 5, 10, then 1/2 so I'm not so sure if I will even TRY to do any night meets. And I promised Christine a snickers bar. I just have to find out what mile I'll be waiting for her!

We also have 4 park tickets. I'm planning on doing the races, showering, then hitting the parks then going back to room very early to rest for next day. Never ever seeing fireworks. Jon can do those on his own.

So Its getting close to FP+ time.... I would like to work my FP around the meets.

Buttercup
10-29-2014, 02:25 PM
So Its getting close to FP+ time.... I would like to work my FP around the meets.
We're going to the Magic Kingdom after the 5K race (Thur. January 8) if anyone wants to join Jennifer and I. We also have 5:15pm dining reservations at the Plaza Restaurant that night as well. Make your ressies and join us!

Then on Friday January 9th we have 5:45pm dinner reservations at Via Napoli if you care to partake in some Italian. So that will be our Epcot day I think.

Not sure what we're doing the rest of the week as far as parks/dining but if anyone wants to hang out with a couple of Canadians we'd love to have ya. :)

JMTStone
10-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Not sure what we're doing the rest of the week as far as parks/dining but if anyone wants to hang out with a couple of Canadians we'd love to have ya. :)

We love Canada! We got our Mario and Sidney from Canada. :thanks::hockey:I'm headed up to Ottawa in November. You guys around there?

Melanie
10-30-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm curious about the shirts and the meets too!

Being honest, last year I only ran the 5K then cheered the 10K and 1/2. And Saturday night at 7 PM Jon said I was a walking zombie and passed out in our room while he ate boardwalk pizza. So I missed the Jellyrolls meet.

This year I'm running/walking the 5, 10, then 1/2 so I'm not so sure if I will even TRY to do any night meets. And I promised Christine a snickers bar. I just have to find out what mile I'll be waiting for her!

We also have 4 park tickets. I'm planning on doing the races, showering, then hitting the parks then going back to room very early to rest for next day. Never ever seeing fireworks. Jon can do those on his own.

There are no night meets, except the Tambu Lounge (just like last year) on Thursday evening. This is on purpose. It's an exhausting weekend.

We released the meet schedule a few weeks ago. Look at the first post for details.

As a group, we plan on meeting at the DHS entrance for the full marathon. That's about mile 24.

JMTStone
10-30-2014, 10:53 AM
There are no night meets, except the Tambu Lounge (just like last year) on Thursday evening. This is on purpose. It's an exhausting weekend.

We released the meet schedule a few weeks ago. Look at the first post for details.

As a group, we plan on meeting at the DHS entrance for the full marathon. That's about mile 24.

Thanks for pointing out obvious.

Melanie
10-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks for pointing out obvious.

I wasn't meaning to be bossy. :(

I was thinking too, if you want to see Christine early on for the Marathon, a good place would be on Main Street, like we are doing for the half marathon day. That's early on (about mile 6 or 7, I think) and gives you plenty of time to navigate the crazy logistics of getting from point A to B to C that morning. Or, there are great spots to view at the TTC.

I'm going to cheer early on that morning at the end of the drive up to Shades of Green, since that's where we are staying. This is after the runners leave MK and run past Grand Floridian. I'll see my hubby and Christine come through, then make my way over to Hollywood Studios to meet everyone else. Anyone is welcome to join me there at SoG. It's easy to get to from the Polynesian.

JMTStone
10-30-2014, 11:09 AM
I wasn't meaning to be bossy. :(

I was thinking too, if you want to see Christine early on for the Marathon, a good place would be on Main Street, like we are doing for the half marathon day. That's early on (about mile 6 or 7, I think) and gives you plenty of time to navigate the crazy logistics of getting from point A to B to C that morning. Or, there are great spots to view at the TTC.

I'm going to cheer early on that morning at the end of the drive up to Shades of Green, since that's where we are staying. This is after the runners leave MK and run past Grand Floridian. I'll see my hubby and Christine come through, then make my way over to Hollywood Studios to meet everyone else. Anyone is welcome to join me there at SoG. It's easy to get to from the Polynesian.

I didn't say you were bossy. Stop reading into things! Anyway, I'm one of those Discussion board people who look at the threads I'm subscribed to back to front.

I owe Christine a Snickers so I'll be at whatever mile she wants me (or both).

I was thinking.... Will Poly still be under construction for the Tamu meet? It was so sad to see it when we were there in July.

Yungbuck73
10-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Booked our airfare today. So finally we are all set. Staying at Saratoga Springs from Wednesday till Sunday. Gonna be cheering all races with the exception of the Full Marathon. We leave that day to go on the Disney Magic for 7 nights so getting over to cheer and then head to port may be too much. WE will see. Cant wait to see everybody again.

JMTStone
10-31-2014, 08:00 AM
Gonna be cheering all races with the exception of the Full Marathon.

I trust that you still want the unofficial #cheerICOT feather boa? It matched our shirts last year so I may just need a new one. I won't get to cheer with you at all but I plan on doing selfies with the #cheerICOT squat as I #runICOT. You can turn it over to me for the whole. Boa, sign, snickers is my job on that race!

Yungbuck73
10-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Yes to BOA I will wear it I think lol
:mickey::secret:

Buttercup
11-02-2014, 08:44 AM
We love Canada! We got our Mario and Sidney from Canada. :thanks::hockey:I'm headed up to Ottawa in November. You guys around there?

No we are about 4 hours west of Ottawa. :)

JMTStone
11-26-2014, 07:16 AM
So I had a setback in training. Ran a 10 mile race in under 2 hours. Did just fine! Then 2 weeks later admitted to hospital. I'll spare you the details but its setting me back.

I've also discovered I don't like running in Pittsburgh in the winter. And I've only had to run long 2 days in under 20 degree weather. Imagine December! But that's another discussion entirely.

But I got my #runICOT T-Shirts ordered!

Anyone else at Animal Kingdom Lodge? We were hoping that Boardwalk Villas waitlist from DVC to come through....

dnickels
11-26-2014, 10:04 AM
My training is going well for the most part. Did about 18 miles yesterday under 3:50 pace and have the Palm Beaches Marathon coming up in about a week and a half as well. Unless I get a flat tire look for the guy with a bright yellow Michigan shirt among the other wheelchair racers. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
11-26-2014, 06:19 PM
I ran a 10k today on the treadmill so I'm all set for the 10k in January! I am going to just do one run a week until then so I don't cause my PF to flare up again.

JMTStone
12-05-2014, 09:53 AM
My training is going well for the most part. Did about 18 miles yesterday under 3:50 pace and have the Palm Beaches Marathon coming up in about a week and a half as well. Unless I get a flat tire look for the guy with a bright yellow Michigan shirt among the other wheelchair racers. :thumbsup:

That is fantastic!

I ran a 10k today on the treadmill so I'm all set for the 10k in January! I am going to just do one run a week until then so I don't cause my PF to flare up again.

Good plan!

I got our DME luggage tags yesterday. Its really happening!

JMTStone
12-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Except I am signed up for a 5K, a 10K, and a 1/2 marathon in the span of 3 days and its just weeks away. I get my INTERCOT shirts today and I don't have matching tutus yet. So I'm not very calm.

I've put all the INTERCOT "meets" in my calendar.

Anyone else in my Corral assignment? I imagine we will all be doing the 5K together, just imagine the photos!

10K F
1/2 I (I as in "I don't know how I'm going to keep up THAT pace).

Reminder, print your waivers and bring your drivers' licenses. People can no longer pick up other people's bibs.

#runICOT

badkitty
12-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Got my shirts! Thank you John! Who hoo!! Now it finally feels real. :):mickey:

I need to double-check my corral for the 10K but I think I'm in E. I'm really slow (just ask clausjo LOL!) and plan to run/walk. I'm so far behind in training and I have the Star Wars rebel challenge coming up as well. Yikes!

Do they assign corrals for the 5K? Just wondering. They do in Disneyland.

I can't wait to see everyone! I'm taking the red eye flight out from CA Tuesday night. I've loaded the meets and t-shirts color assignments into my phone. Now to pack!

BrerGnat
12-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Can people switch corrals? My husband is in A and I am in C for the 10k. Any way for us to run together???

dnickels
12-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Can people switch corrals? My husband is in A and I am in C for the 10k. Any way for us to run together???

In the past you've always been allowed to move backwards to a slower corral on your own so he should* be able to move back to C with you.

* I say 'should' because that's always been the rule in the past. I couldn't find a quick answer via Google for whether or not that has changed.

dnickels
12-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Just printed my waiver, I got Bib # 200001

I don't know if they start at 20000 or 20001 for the Goofy Challenge but it looks like I was either first or second to register! :number1:

BrerGnat
12-26-2014, 08:09 PM
In the past you've always been allowed to move backwards to a slower corral on your own so he should* be able to move back to C with you.

* I say 'should' because that's always been the rule in the past. I couldn't find a quick answer via Google for whether or not that has changed.

Yeah, I asked here because I couldn't find a straight answer on the Run Disney page. Ugh. I guess he could just walk until I catch up with him.

Dopey's Girl
12-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi from snowy MN!

So I have some news that makes me sad. There is some stuff going on on the home front that Is going to keep me from coming down in January. I'm crazy sad about it, and I'll miss you all horribly. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and having Wendy cancel my reservation broke my heart.

I'll be cheering for you all from the snow and cold.

AgentC
12-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I asked here because I couldn't find a straight answer on the Run Disney page. Ugh. I guess he could just walk until I catch up with him.

Yes, you can move back but not forward so he can be in C with you.

BrerGnat
12-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks Cindy. Good to know.

AgentC
12-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Except I am signed up for a 5K, a 10K, and a 1/2 marathon in the span of 3 days and its just weeks away. I get my INTERCOT shirts today and I don't have matching tutus yet. So I'm not very calm.

I've put all the INTERCOT "meets" in my calendar.

Anyone else in my Corral assignment? I imagine we will all be doing the 5K together, just imagine the photos!

10K F
1/2 I (I as in "I don't know how I'm going to keep up THAT pace).

Reminder, print your waivers and bring your drivers' licenses. People can no longer pick up other people's bibs.

#runICOT

Got my shirts! Thank you John! Who hoo!! Now it finally feels real. :):mickey:

I need to double-check my corral for the 10K but I think I'm in E. I'm really slow (just ask clausjo LOL!) and plan to run/walk. I'm so far behind in training and I have the Star Wars rebel challenge coming up as well. Yikes!

Do they assign corrals for the 5K? Just wondering. They do in Disneyland.

I can't wait to see everyone! I'm taking the red eye flight out from CA Tuesday night. I've loaded the meets and t-shirts color assignments into my phone. Now to pack!

I'm in D for the 10K but would probably move back to be with one of you. My training had been horrible and I haven't even hit the 10K distance yet so I plan on doing it slow and steady.

They do assign the corrals for the 5K but for some reason you don't find out until you pickup your bib. I'm not sure why since they post everything else. Last year we all moved back to the lowest corral that we had in the group so we could start together.

Hi from snowy MN!

So I have some news that makes me sad. There is some stuff going on on the home front that Is going to keep me from coming down in January. I'm crazy sad about it, and I'll miss you all horribly. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and having Wendy cancel my reservation broke my heart.

Oh no Meg! I'm so sad. Hope everything is okay.

Carol
12-27-2014, 04:26 PM
You will be missed, Meg. I hope everything at home works out.

Rufuscube
12-28-2014, 01:40 PM
How do I find my bib # or coral? I'm signed for the Dopey.

badkitty
12-28-2014, 04:18 PM
I will miss seeing you, Meg. :( Wishing you all the best.

badkitty
12-28-2014, 04:25 PM
How do I find my bib # or coral? I'm signed for the Dopey.

:welcome:
To Intercot!

Go to the runDisney site and select race weekend. To print your waiver. I think it under the "runner info" tab. Your bib # is on the waiver. Then go back to the runDisney site ("runner info" again I think) to click on the Corral tab and select the Dopey line. PM me is you have trouble finding it.

Congrats on the Dopey. Have fun!

Yungbuck73
12-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi from snowy MN!

So sorry. Hope it all works out for YA.

Rufuscube
12-28-2014, 05:40 PM
:welcome:
To Intercot!

Go to the runDisney site and select race weekend. To print your waiver. I think it under the "runner info" tab. Your bib # is on the waiver. Then go back to the runDisney site ("runner info" again I think) to click on the Corral tab and select the Dopey line. PM me is you have trouble finding it.

Congrats on the Dopey. Have fun!

So maybe I'm missing something. The Dopey gives you coral placements, am I in the same coral for all races? Doesn't seem right as my qualifying time I gave was a 1/2 marathon at a decent time & pace.

Oh and thanks for having me I've listened for years but only recently joined.

AgentC
12-28-2014, 06:09 PM
So maybe I'm missing something. The Dopey gives you coral placements, am I in the same coral for all races? Doesn't seem right as my qualifying time I gave was a 1/2 marathon at a decent time & pace.

Oh and thanks for having me I've listened for years but only recently joined.

I haven't done the Dopey but this is how I've been told it working by a running group I belong to.

Your Dopey corral is for the marathon and 1/2 marathon. The corrals are different for the 5K and the 10K. There are less corrals with more people per corral. You'll get a different bib for the 5K and 10K and a different corral assignment. Usually the Dopey and Goofy runners are in one of the front corrals for the 5 and 10Ks.

Rufuscube
12-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Oh ya, I think I read that about the two bibs earlier today. Thanks.

Buttercup
12-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Last year I remember getting a bunch of emails and the note about the waiver... this time I haven't gotten ANY emails! :confused::confused::confused: Is it because I unsubscribed from the BAZILLIONS of spammy runDisney emails I was getting all the time throughout the year?

THANK YOU EVERYONE for reminding me to print out my waiver. I just did it now.

What else am I forgetting to do? Since I'm not getting any emails from them to remind me to do stuff!!! Is the waiver the only thing I need to print out or are there any more forms. I seriously can't remember from last year!

John
12-28-2014, 11:24 PM
I didn't get any emails and as a first time runner, figuring this out has been quite a pain. Active's site doesn't show my registration when I log in, however I can find them when I go thru the Disney link. BUT, if I use the links provided in the emails that they send if you ask them to re-send your registration details, it says I'm not authorized to see the details.

Finally found the link under the runners tab on the rundisney site and then located the place to search and print the waivers etc.

Wow - same folks that designed the magicband system must have worked on this...... :sick:

BrerGnat
12-29-2014, 08:06 AM
I only got one email on 12/9 titled "More Information about WDW Marathon Weekend." I clicked on the "event guide" link and literally read through everything and that is where I saw the links for printing the waivers. Thank goodness all it asked for was a last name and birthday because I could not locate our confirmation numbers.

I agree that the communication has been completely void of information for new runners. If you actually download the digital guide, though, everything is in there regarding logistics of arriving, maps, corral locations, times, etc. I assume all the same info will be available at the expo in printed form.

Dopey's Girl
12-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the love everyone! I'll miss you all terribly, but unfortunately, I have to be a grown up, and just can't make it all work out this time. Everything is ok, just need to get some stuff sorted out. I'll be back next year!

I have made Mel promise to text me at stupid o'clock so I can feel like I'm part of the action! And if you run into T-I-M again, you can facetime me and I'll give him what for too!

AgentC
12-29-2014, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=BrerGnat;2442917
I agree that the communication has been completely void of information for new runners. If you actually download the digital guide, though, everything is in there regarding logistics of arriving, maps, corral locations, times, etc. I assume all the same info will be available at the expo in printed form.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct. You will get a printed book when you pick up your bib that has all the same information as the digital guide. I think the only things it will be missing is the coupons.

Yungbuck73
12-29-2014, 09:10 PM
I didn't get any emails and as a first time runner, figuring this out has been quite a pain. Active's site doesn't show my registration when I log in, however I can find them when I go thru the Disney link. BUT, if I use the links provided in the emails that they send if you ask them to re-send your registration details, it says I'm not authorized to see the details.

Finally found the link under the runners tab on the rundisney site and then located the place to search and print the waivers etc.

Wow - same folks that designed the magicband system must have worked on this...... :sick:

John, the Active site is terrible for finding info. Your best bet is to go to the rundisney site and look for the link to download and print your bib from the links for each race.
I had so much trouble for Wine and Dine.

JMTStone
12-30-2014, 01:19 PM
John, the Active site is terrible for finding info. Your best bet is to go to the rundisney site and look for the link to download and print your bib from the links for each race.
I had so much trouble for Wine and Dine.

I was able to print Jon and My waivers for the 5K then my waivers for the 10K and 1/2 as well. The bib numbers can then tell you your corral letter.

Carol
12-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the love everyone! I'll miss you all terribly, but unfortunately, I have to be a grown up, and just can't make it all work out this time. Everything is ok, just need to get some stuff sorted out. I'll be back next year!

I have made Mel promise to text me at stupid o'clock so I can feel like I'm part of the action! And if you run into T-I-M again, you can facetime me and I'll give him what for too!
Stinks to have to act like an adult sometimes.

One of my favorite moments was hanging at the Boardwalk and the guard thinking we were just getting home. LOL.

Yungbuck73
12-31-2014, 06:56 PM
So just looked up the weather for Marathon weekend and i can onnly see up to 10 days from now(yes, i do know it can change) but as of now Wednesday- High 73 low 52
Thursday- High 71 low 52
Friday- High-73 low 59

Should be ok for running and cheering.

Melanie
12-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Yes, the extended forecast looks great!!!

Yungbuck73
12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Yes, the extended forecast looks great!!!

The one thing I just noticed is that the humidity will be going up everyday and Friday night will be 98%. Ugg

BrerGnat
01-01-2015, 09:43 AM
The one thing I just noticed is that the humidity will be going up everyday and Friday night will be 98%. Ugg

Yeah, but it will also be 55 degrees. High humidity at that temperature is not uncomfortable.

Ian
01-01-2015, 01:02 PM
All of this is making me very glad I'm attending CheerICOT and not RunICOT lol ... Gary and I will see ya'll at the bar. :mickey:

VWL Mom
01-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Have a great time everyone and good luck to all the runners!!

dpamac
01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Has anyone done a count of how many of us there are? I started to and then I saw something shiny and got distracted.

Disney4us2
01-06-2015, 04:50 PM
I will be there for cheerICOT on Friday and Saturday. Jessica may be with me on Friday.

badkitty
01-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Has anyone done a count of how many of us there are? I started to and then I saw something shiny and got distracted.

Squirrel!

magicofdisney
01-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Good luck to everyone running! I hope your meets are fun and adventurous. :thumbsup:

JMTStone
01-20-2015, 08:06 AM
I *have* to cheer for the 10K. I missed all the fun. Stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club and cheer with the team!

Then I'll do the 1/2 or (gulp) the whole

AgentC
01-20-2015, 10:42 AM
I *have* to cheer for the 10K. I missed all the fun. Stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club and cheer with the team!

Then I'll do the 1/2 or (gulp) the whole

I have to admit, I loved doing the 10K but I really missed cheering for at 10K. It's one of my favorite cheer spots.

Melanie
01-21-2015, 07:31 AM
LOL ladies. I've been thinking the same thing. I am really considering signing up for the 10K next year, but don't want to miss that cheer day. It's my fav!

badkitty
01-21-2015, 09:17 AM
:) I was thinking of only signing up for 5K so that I could cheer for the 10K! The last two years I was running to 10K and missed out on all the fun!

AgentC
01-21-2015, 09:24 AM
I could do the 5K and the 1/2. That would be crazy right? :crazy: I've sworn I'll never do a half.

JMTStone
01-22-2015, 09:43 AM
I could do the 5K and the 1/2. That would be crazy right? :crazy: I've sworn I'll never do a half.

I'm with you! I'm cheering for the 10K next year. I missed all kinds of quality ICOT time! Its either that or I do the 5K then (gulp) the whole thing.

Melanie
01-22-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm with you! I'm cheering for the 10K next year. I missed all kinds of quality ICOT time! Its either that or I do the 5K then (gulp) the whole thing.

You can do it, Mel!!! You were still full of all kinds of energy at the 12 mile mark of the half this year. I have faith! You've got until April to decide. ;)

JMTStone
01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
You can do it, Mel!!! You were still full of all kinds of energy at the 12 mile mark of the half this year. I have faith! You've got until April to decide. ;)

It would allow me to cheer our fearless leader and Christine and Cindy and James and anyone else who does the 1/2 if I skipped it. More cheer!!!!!

I normally run with a group. Even at Disney, it was hard running on my own for the entire 10 K and the 13.1. It really made a difference looking forward to you guys. I'll never get Jon to run. So if I do the whole, I would probably try to find someone who is at my pace (you know, not like James - rockstar!) and run with them.

AgentC
01-22-2015, 03:34 PM
It would allow me to cheer our fearless leader and Christine and Cindy and James and anyone else who does the 1/2 if I skipped it. More cheer!!!!!

I said maybe do the 1/2. Let's not commit me yet. 13.1 miles is a long time to run and I have a short attention span :D

JMTStone
01-27-2015, 12:23 PM
I said maybe do the 1/2. Let's not commit me yet. 13.1 miles is a long time to run and I have a short attention span :D

We could run together and you could tell me L and K stories!

Yungbuck73
02-21-2015, 06:18 PM

Squirrel

AgentC
02-22-2015, 01:17 PM
We could run together and you could tell me L and K stories!

I am such a loser. I never replied to this. :blush: That is certainly a possibility.

AgentC
02-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Squirrel

Shiny. :D