PDA

View Full Version : Finally got yacht club

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I originally booked my fall stay at Beach Club but then decided just a couple of days later that I wanted to stay at Yacht Club. We really like sitting on our balcony and drinking coffee in the mornings when getting ready and I was afraid we wouldn't get a full balcony at the BC. Even though I booked a year and a half out, the YC had already shown no vacancies for Garden View. Karen with MJ and I have have been watching for an opening and today their was a garden view availability and Karen snatched it up for me. (Yeah Karen!) I'm very excited....and also hoping I made a good decision.

I've been told its not that much more of a walk to Epcot and I've heard so many good things about YC lately. Would love to hear any comments or tips that would be helpful getting around this resort? Thanks.

SBETigg
03-06-2014, 01:04 PM
When I stayed at the BC, we wished we had chosen Yacht Club. It's slightly more upscale and adult in feel. There's a lobby bar as well as great, underrated dining option Captain's Grille (and overrated Yachtsman Steakhouse). The Crew's Cup Lounge is also a good place to grab a light meal/snacks. It has a fabulous gift shop which is more fun to browse in than the Beach Club, because the BC's has the counter service option sharing space.

At YC, you're that much closer to the boat ramp in case you don't feel like walking to Epcot (which is still close) and Boardwalk or DHS, and also closer to taking advantage of the 24 hour Picabu quick service at the Dolphin. Plus the bus stops are quieter/less crowded than BC's and the buses stop at YC first. Downside compared to BC? I don't see many. Slightly farther from the sand beach/main pool entry and Epcot. There's no quick service, you have to go to BC. Darker and richer inside, not as much whimsy (which is only an issue if you're into sunny brightness and whimsy).

BrerGnat
03-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Captain's Grill has the best buffet breakfast IMO. It's SO good! The gift shop is much nicer, as Sherri mentioned. It has better merchandise and is more organized. I've never stayed at YC, only BC, but the truth is, it's just like one big resort.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Honestly its been more about location for me than anything else. We wanted to stay at an Epcot resort because the F&W Festival will be going on and we really love World Showcase. I like the lighter colors of the room slightly more at BC, but I think the lobby at the YC is prettier. We don't use the food courts much anymore since we do the meal plan, we bring our own food from home for a light breakfast in the room and then eat most of our meals in the parks. We will eat breakfast at Cape May the day we check out but that doesn't seem like it will be a bad walk over. I was wondering about the location of the refill stations though.

The real reason for switching is the balcony. I would be majorly disappointed if we didn't have a balcony because we like to sit out and drink our coffee in the mornings. I think I will be happy with the change:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
03-06-2014, 03:03 PM
When we stayed at YC a few years ago we walked up to Captain's Grille around 5pm and asked if they had an opening. There were tons of openings, as it's not a very popular place. It turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. Definitely dine here if your schedule allows. Every thing we ordered was wonderful and the staff was so nice and friendly.

We like YC a tiny bit more than BC, mainly because I like the décor better. It's also quieter than BC, less children, less people overall. And like someone else mentioned a much better gift shop. I think the gift shop at BC is probably my least favorite on property.

We have stayed at BC before also, and of course the walk to Epcot is a bit farther from YC, but we didn't find it bad at all. It also really depends on where your room is located at either resort. At BC we weren't in one of the rooms closest to Epcot so the walk to our room wasn't as short as many other rooms. Our room at YC, however, was very convenient for getting out of the resort and onto the path towards Epcot. So for us the distance didn't seem all that different. Not enough to really make a difference.

At YC we had a ground floor room that faced out onto the grassy area at the wedding pavilion. Amazing location. To be honest if we stayed at YC again and didn't get that location (which is probably highly unlikely that we would get it twice) I would kinda be crushed.

And like Natalie said, at the end of the day it's really more like one big resort instead of two separate resorts. Most of the main amenities are shared. And even those that aren't shared are close enough, and easy enough to get to, to make it feel like it's part of "your" resort. For example, BNC is listed as a BC restaurant. Our room at YC was closer to BNC than our room at BC. So it's more about room location than just which resort you pick.

About the refill stations. Honestly, I don't even know if there was one inside of YC. We used the one at the pool by Hurricane Hannah's.

I think you are going to have a fantastic time. Wish I was headed to YC this fall!!!!

SurferStitch
03-07-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm so glad to see so many great reviews of YC. We changed our choice from BC to YC because we could get a water view at YC for just a few dollars more than garden view at BC with a discount.

The rooms look so nice, and I love the more adult feel of YC. Can't wait to check in!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
When we stayed at YC a few years ago we walked up to Captain's Grille around 5pm and asked if they had an opening. There were tons of openings, as it's not a very popular place. It turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. Definitely dine here if your schedule allows. Every thing we ordered was wonderful and the staff was so nice and friendly.

We like YC a tiny bit more than BC, mainly because I like the décor better. It's also quieter than BC, less children, less people overall. And like someone else mentioned a much better gift shop. I think the gift shop at BC is probably my least favorite on property.

We have stayed at BC before also, and of course the walk to Epcot is a bit farther from YC, but we didn't find it bad at all. It also really depends on where your room is located at either resort. At BC we weren't in one of the rooms closest to Epcot so the walk to our room wasn't as short as many other rooms. Our room at YC, however, was very convenient for getting out of the resort and onto the path towards Epcot. So for us the distance didn't seem all that different. Not enough to really make a difference.

At YC we had a ground floor room that faced out onto the grassy area at the wedding pavilion. Amazing location. To be honest if we stayed at YC again and didn't get that location (which is probably highly unlikely that we would get it twice) I would kinda be crushed.

And like Natalie said, at the end of the day it's really more like one big resort instead of two separate resorts. Most of the main amenities are shared. And even those that aren't shared are close enough, and easy enough to get to, to make it feel like it's part of "your" resort. For example, BNC is listed as a BC restaurant. Our room at YC was closer to BNC than our room at BC. So it's more about room location than just which resort you pick.

About the refill stations. Honestly, I don't even know if there was one inside of YC. We used the one at the pool by Hurricane Hannah's.

I think you are going to have a fantastic time. Wish I was headed to YC this fall!!!!

I will take a look at Captains grille. Thanks for the info