PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa

FenwayGirl
03-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Thinking about applying for a Disney Visa. What are the advantages?

KylesMom
03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Chase's Disney Visa card allows for 6 months 0% financing when you purchase a Disney World vacation package. They periodically run vacation specials as well for cardholders. When in Disney (Epcot) they have an exclusive character meet and greet which includes a free 5x7 photo. There is also a discount on Disney in-park tours.

There is an automatic 10% savings applied when purchasing Disney Store items (retail & on-line) with a $50 store purchase. This also carries over to discounts in several Disney-owned stores at Disneyland and Disney World.

The reason why I applied for my card on its initial offering was the rewards dollars you can earn. While they used to offer many more promotions, it is still worth it to me to charge all of our purchases to the card (gas/groceries/school fees/etc), pay it off monthly, and have a decent chunk of change via their rewards program to use towards my next Disney vacation. I believe the payout is 1% on total purchases. :mickey:

FenwayGirl
03-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for the info::mickey:

BelleBeauty
03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I have this card but at this point we have switched all of our purchases to our airline card. I used the Disney Visa for 5 or 6 years before we built up $500 worth of points to spend on a vacation. The card is definitely worth it for the 0% APR on vacation packages and other perks, but the points were not huge for us as they don't add up quickly enough.

Figment104
03-06-2014, 12:21 PM
The main reason we did got ours was to earn points. I love the fact that I earn money to use on a future trip just by charging on my card the way I normally would. One thing to note with the points is that they due expire after 5 years, so you'll want to make sure to use them before they expire.

Chase also offers the Premier version of the card which has a $49 annual fee. The main differences are that you earn a higher percentage (2% instead of 1%) on certain spending categories. I think the categories are Groceries, Restaurants, Gas, Disney Purchases. You can also use your Disney rewards dollars towards certain non Disney things like to cover airfare (you would charge your ticket to your card, and then contact Chase to let them know you want to apply x number of rewards dollars to the cost of the flight, or something along those lines). We actually decided to get the Premier card since our highest spending categories are the ones that you get the higher points on and we make up the difference between the annual fee and extra points early on in the year. So you would need to see if that makes sense for you.

We really love our card!

MissCabbage
03-27-2014, 11:35 PM
You get a credit card with Mickey on it....do you need another incentive?

I have found that I earn more cash rewards with other cards, but I did get $200 in Disney Store credit just for getting the Disney Visa. It's just a way to save up little by little for the trip.