PDA

View Full Version : BOG- Food Only Opinions

disneynarula
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Take the atmosphere out of the picture and let me know what you thought of the BOG food.

For our party, we feel like the rides are mostly for the kids so we tend to make more "adult" choices for our dining.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-05-2014, 10:15 AM
We actually quite liked it.

We had both lunch and dinner at BOG, and dinner was lovely ... lunch was good, nothing too special, but good.

We had a late dinner, and it was fairly quiet (for BOG), but everything was cooked well and tasted amazing! It was DD's (15) favourite meal of the trip.

Gator
03-05-2014, 11:34 AM
If you're looking for adult food, then this is the place. I hit it for lunch, and it was a welcome difference from the typical burger/nugget place.

cajundisneyfreak
03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
The food was really good.I ate there for lunch.I had braised pork,mashed potatoes,and green beans. For dessert I had the strawberry cupcake.You get a sit down meal for the price of a counter service.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
DH and I ate there in December, and we liked it.

We didn't LOOOVE it, but did like it quite a bit. The food was good, but not all that memorable. We both started with the French Onion soup. It didn't have a good, strong broth, and we found out it was because it's a veggie broth and not beef. Tasted good, but not WOW.

I had the Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops in the puff pastry. The sauce was good, but the pastry had just a few shrimp and lots of veggies in it. There were two average sized scallops sitting on the plate next to it. Again, good food, but not much for $26. The puff pastry was nice, but kind of hard to cut (bottom was pretty hard).

DH had the Grilled Strip Steak. Again (think broken record) it was good. Nothing special, but a good steak nontheless. A small handful of fries accompanied it.

I had a chocolate cream puff for dessert. Good cream puff, but nothing special. The grey stuff, though... very good. They gave us a pretty big serving for our anniversary (gratis).

Honestly, we just really wanted to be able to say we ate in the new castle. The ambience was fantastic, and we greatly enjoyed sitting right up by the windows in the ballroom. Our server was so nice, and made the night special for us.

Is it a must do for all trips? No. We will dine there again, I'm sure, just not this time around. It was a very expensive meal, and just didn't live up to the cost. I know a lot of people say all Disney restaurants are like that, but we don't think so. We have amazing meals at other restaurants (which cost more) and are worth every penny.

I'm not putting BOG down at all. It really was a great evening and a nice meal, but I can't say it's the best meal we've had, even in MK. I did love having a glass of wine with my meal, though!

VacationDisney
03-05-2014, 12:54 PM
We have friends that ate there on their last visit and now say it is a MUST for their upcoming October trip.

We are looking forward to eating at BOG this coming fall. Can't wait:cloud9:

Hammer
03-05-2014, 02:13 PM
We didn't LOOOVE it, but did like it quite a bit. The food was good, but not all that memorable.

Honestly, we just really wanted to be able to say we ate in the new castle. The ambience was fantastic, and we greatly enjoyed sitting right up by the windows in the ballroom. Our server was so nice, and made the night special for us.

Is it a must do for all trips? No. We will dine there again, I'm sure, just not this time around. It was a very expensive meal, and just didn't live up to the cost. I know a lot of people say all Disney restaurants are like that, but we don't think so. We have amazing meals at other restaurants (which cost more) and are worth every penny.

I'm not putting BOG down at all. It really was a great evening and a nice meal, but I can't say it's the best meal we've had, even in MK. I did love having a glass of wine with my meal, though!

I agree with these statements, as I had the same feelings after having dinner there last October.

I want to add that they committed a cardinal dining sin with us in that they tried to rush us through our meal. We commonly like to take 1.5-2 hours for dinner. Also, my Mom eats slowly. They actually brought our dinner out while we were still eating our soup! When we said something to the server asking that they take it back to the kitchen to keep it warm, we were told they could not do that. Needless to say, we were not pleased! For that reason alone, we will not be rushing back there.

buzznwoodysmom
03-05-2014, 02:26 PM
The food was really good.I ate there for lunch.I had braised pork,mashed potatoes,and green beans. For dessert I had the strawberry cupcake.You get a sit down meal for the price of a counter service.:thumbsup:

This is exactly what I had for lunch at BOG too. Definitely the best QS meal I have had in MK.

Scar
03-05-2014, 02:50 PM
I want to add that they committed a cardinal dining sin with us in that they tried to rush us through our meal. We commonly like to take 1.5-2 hours for dinner. Also, my Mom eats slowly. They actually brought our dinner out while we were still eating our soup! Thank you for this. If I hear a review like this, or experience it myself, I try to remember to order soup/apps first and then wait 'till they arrive to order the entrée.

VacationDisney
03-05-2014, 06:17 PM
We do the same thing when we hear a restaurant rushes one through a meal. We order our appetizers first and when they are brought to the table we order the main course.

After a long day at the parks we look forward to a relaxing dinner (1.5 hrs to 2 hrs).

I will remember this on our upcoming trip in September:mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-07-2014, 10:05 AM
We are there last week and enjoyed it. I was actually able to score 2 reservations during our trip, just in case we looooved it. We enjoyed it, but not enough to go again during the trip. We cancelled our 2nd reservation right at the 24 hour mark, so I hope we made someone else's day by making it available!

The menu is limited, so there is one pork dish, one chicken dish, one steak, one salmon, etc. It was all prepared well, but the dishes we ordered each had one strong element in there that we did not enjoy. (Kalamata olives in one and leeks in another)

Surprisingly, our 13-yr-old foodie couldn't find anything on the menu that really appealed to her, so she ordered French onion soup. 10-yr-old son ordered the kids steak, which was TINY. It was filet mignon, so it was delicious, but it was literally 3 bites.

If you are only interested in the food and not the atmosphere, I would say to read over the menu carefully to see if any of those special ingredients will be to your liking. We are glad we went and checked it off our list, but probably won't go back next time unless they change up the menu a bit.