PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ and AP Question

MrPeetrie
03-04-2014, 10:58 PM
I have a question. Currently, we have our room reservations for our upcoming trip and I plan to purchase our APs in the very near future. Once I link them to our reservations, I assume I'll be able to reserve FastPass+ times via the phone app or web site. But what happens next year?

We usually take two trips on an AP, one when we activate it and one the following year as it is about to expire. Will we have to keep our MagicBands for an entire year? Will we have to "Link" our current APs to our new reservations next year and receive new MagicBands? Am I in for a bunch of headaches and trips to City Hall?

Thanks!

DizneyRox
03-04-2014, 11:00 PM
You add your new reservation to your existing MDE account (which will have your APs already linked). You should be able to use the same bands, I haven't heard of how replacement bands work.

VWL Mom
03-05-2014, 06:37 AM
My Magic Band remained active after our trip. I think as long as it is showing we should be able to link our AP renewals to the same band.

MrPeetrie
03-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Great. Thanks!

faline
03-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Your annual pass remains active on your Disney Experience account. You just need to link your new reservation to your account. As for Magic Bands, we are slated to get a new set (according to Disney's site) for an upcoming trip on the same annual passes we used on our last trip.

Aurora
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Your annual pass remains active on your Disney Experience account. You just need to link your new reservation to your account. As for Magic Bands, we are slated to get a new set (according to Disney's site) for an upcoming trip on the same annual passes we used on our last trip.

Wow, do I feel dumb. That means my parents' non-expiring tickets are on their account and not their bands? My mom was saving her bands, thinking the tickets were on there, but it makes sense that they're on the account.

This might be a problem for them as they have an extremely low frustration level with technology, so all the MDE arrangements for their first "magic band" trip in January was done by my brother and I. I guess we're going to have to take care of all their trips from now on. :(