PDA

View Full Version : Park Crowds

SueQ
03-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Going to be in Disney March 29th - April 5th. I have days planned out and meals. Looks like I may have picked the wrong parks on the wrong days according to another site:

Sunday March 30th - Animal Kingdom during the day. Then head over to WL for dinner at Whispering Canyon and then ending the evening in MK.

Monday March 31st - Magic Kingdom and Ohana's for dinner (9:25pm)

Tuesday April 1st - Epcot with a break at Beaches and Cream at night.

Wednesday April 2nd - Typhoon Lagoon first thing for a few hours and then after a stop at our room, head to Hollywood Studios.

That's all I have planned. We figure Thursday, Friday and Saturday (day) we can go back to things, go to DTD...

Speedy1998
03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
The tip I have discovered is to go to the park that evening EMH the day before. Most guest (especially the ones that stay up late) were just there the day before.

So for example if MK has evening EMH on Sunday, you would want to go to MK Monday.

This is just a pretty good rule of thumb, be cautioned it does not always work.

rjmdds
03-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Don't get too caught up in the crowd predictions. Many will say they are accurate and just as many will say they are not. If you hit the parks at rope drop and plan your FP+ wisely you will be fine. Your going to see decent crowds during this time of year no matter what so the difference in attendance park to park may not be so significant, except for the EMH parks. They may be extra busy.

rjmdds
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Btw, I agree with Speedy1998 100%. This is always our strategy.

SueQ
03-07-2014, 09:33 AM
The tip I have discovered is to go to the park that evening EMH the day before. Most guest (especially the ones that stay up late) were just there the day before.

So for example if MK has evening EMH on Sunday, you would want to go to MK Monday.

We are following this one day. MK has the evening hours on Sunday and we are planning on going on Monday. We will make a trip over to MK on Sunday night too after dinner. But not for rides. Just to walk around, get dessert, shop...

Davy Crockett
03-07-2014, 03:49 PM

This is a good idea!!!

As for crowd predictions no one is 100% accurate for a specific park on a specific day as there are too many variables from year to year (the actual day of the week, weather, etc.) but take a more macro view and see what the overall crowd level is for a specific park for your time frame and average that for the number of days your looking at and you should get a good idea. If your visit falls on any major holiday or spring break or other event like Star Wars Weekends then bear that in mind as well.
I use a site that has been taking crowd levels by day by park every day for over 20 years and they get it wrong just like the rest do.

SueQ
03-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Even if it's crowded too late to turn back now so we'll just relax and do what we can. I have set up some fastpasses though.