PDA

View Full Version : General check out etiquette?

yankeesfan123
03-03-2014, 09:18 PM
My first time staying in dvc will be this August...

Is there a general way to leave the room at checkout? What is mousekeeping responsible for vs the guest?

For example, do I wash the dishes and out the back in the cabinets?

Any other general tips in regards to this?

VWL Mom
03-04-2014, 07:10 AM
I usually turn the dishwasher on before I leave. I just feel this may speed up the room flip for them since they won't have to wait the full cycle.

We also empty the fridge, leave any unopened drinks on the counter for housekeeping, throw out anything else.

I do (if we leave early) let them know we're out of the room so they can get in, clean, and get waiting guests in faster.

Mickey'sGirl
03-04-2014, 07:33 AM
I usually turn the dishwasher on before I leave. I just feel this may speed up the room flip for them since they won't have to wait the full cycle.

We also empty the fridge, leave any unopened drinks on the counter for housekeeping, throw out anything else.

I do (if we leave early) let them know we're out of the room so they can get in, clean, and get waiting guests in faster.Exactly what we do.

buzznwoodysmom
03-04-2014, 09:55 AM
We have only staying in a 1 bedroom once, but I also put the dishwasher running before we left.

And just like when I stay in any room with a refrigerator, we empty it before we leave.

TheDuckRocks
03-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Tacky me....I leave a $20 on the kitchen counter and flee. :blush:
I clean up after us for the entire trip so it usually is just a mug or a glass from the morning we leave. I do toss any opened food items and leave sealed things for the mousekeepers to keep or not.

yankeesfan123
03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

JMTStone
03-04-2014, 03:29 PM
In addition to some of the things above, I put all of the towels in one place so its easy to "turn-over" for the mousekeepers.

If the girls are with us and use the pull-out, we also leave that out with the sheets and all on top so mousekeeping doesn't have to fuss with the pillows, etc.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
We stayed in a Grand Villa at BWV over Thanksgiving with six teenagers and had a bunch of unopened leftover food in the kitchen. We left it with a prominent note offering for housekeeping to take it for themselves. We weren't sure if they are allowed to do that, but that's what we did.

Looks like a number of people said they run the dishwasher before leaving. We leave the dirty dishes all together in the kitchen sink for housekeeping, but we do not run the dishwasher. I don't know whether housekeeping is entitled to "accept" the dishes in that fashion or whether they would have to run the dishwasher again themselves anyway. How do they know that the guest used soap in the dishwasher? (Although, that could be said about any of the dishes in the cabinets, too.)

Maleficent's Dad
03-26-2014, 09:30 AM
We always tell the front desk that the room is done when leaving. Quicker turnover for the next guest...
We're hoping our room is always ready early. So we try to expedite things for the next guest.

DisneyGiant
03-27-2014, 01:17 PM
We stayed in a Grand Villa at BWV over Thanksgiving with six teenagers and had a bunch of unopened leftover food in the kitchen. We left it with a prominent note offering for housekeeping to take it for themselves. We weren't sure if they are allowed to do that, but that's what we did.

Looks like a number of people said they run the dishwasher before leaving. We leave the dirty dishes all together in the kitchen sink for housekeeping, but we do not run the dishwasher. I don't know whether housekeeping is entitled to "accept" the dishes in that fashion or whether they would have to run the dishwasher again themselves anyway. How do they know that the guest used soap in the dishwasher? (Although, that could be said about any of the dishes in the cabinets, too.)

Because of this - we wash anything before we use it. :)

I also leave a nice tip & leave the unused groceries in one spot......

Good suggestion about putting all the towels in once place - I'll do that going forward.

And we always leave everything in the room where it orginally was when we checked in.... (sometimes we move the furniture).

MyDisneyworld
04-16-2014, 01:20 PM

I do (if we leave early) let them know we're out of the room so they can get in, clean, and get waiting guests in faster.

We do the exact same thing. Anything to help speed it up. We normally arrive early our first day and love when we can get right into the room.

TracyL
07-04-2014, 01:18 PM
I bet mousekeeping loves INTERCOT DVC members -- because I bet not all DVC members are as nice as you/we are about leaving things "neat and pretty"!

:mickey: