PDA

View Full Version : changes to fantasyland

biggins
03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Sorry if I'm asking about something that has been discussed at length previously but I was wondering if anyone knew or could direct me to a place where I could read about the new attractions in fantasyland.. Also I thought that there was a mickey clubhouse type attraction around there which may now be gone?? My son loved the mickeymouse clubhouse show and I thought that would be a great place for him to visit. Thanks for any information. I was there last in 2010 and also this is my first time going with my child so I will be doling things I might have skipped before for sure!:balloon:

Strmchsr
03-03-2014, 09:38 AM
The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show is part of the Disney Jr. show at DHS.

As for the new Fantasyland, it has Be Our Guest restaurant, Enchanted Storytime with Belle, the Little Mermaid ride, Storybook Circus (in the area where Toontown used to be) and the soon-to-be opened 7 Dwarves Roller coaster. Also the classic Snow White ride was turned into a meet-n-greet area for princesses.

Melanie
03-03-2014, 09:39 AM
And Gaston's Tavern, which has great details.

Bruegge
03-03-2014, 09:41 AM
They also added another Dumbo machine (now it's two rides side by side) and a better queue... (have not been since 2007 but it looks good on videos I've seen)

Davy Crockett
03-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Also don't forget about Goofy's barnstormer rollercoaster ride for the young ones right next to the Dumbo attraction. A favorite of my DD!

If you go to Disney's Blog they have many posts and pictures of the new Fantasyland going back several years including a time-lapse construction progression video.

AgentC
03-04-2014, 09:53 AM
The Storybook Circus area (Dumbo & Barnstormer) also includes the Casey Jr Splash and Soak station which has multiple squirting stations and Pete's silly sideshow which is a meet & greet with Daisy, Minnie, Donald & Goofy.

My kids enjoy getting soaked at Casey's.

Melanie
03-04-2014, 10:02 AM
My kids enjoy getting soaked at Casey's.

That is such an adorable area!