PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculously stupid question re: babies and WDW

JennyAnne
03-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Are there any rides or attractions that a 7 month old baby is allowed to ride at WDW? Or are we just destined to have one family member remaining off each ride to wait with the baby? I just found out I'm pregnant and the baby will be 7-8 months old at the time of our trip. I know about the parent swap on certain rides, I was just wondering if there's anything we'd all be able to ride together. He or she will have a stroller and a carrier, if that makes a difference.

faberj
03-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Yes, the baby can ride anything without a height requirement! That is most of the rides at the magic kingdom!

faberj
03-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Invest in a nice baby carrier (we have the ergo baby) and it is a life saver!

BrerGnat
03-01-2014, 10:28 PM
There are actually a lot of things! Anything without a height requirement is basically a go. If you would ride it pregnant, it's fine to bring baby on. All the slow dark rides are good. The studios and Animal Kingdom will have WAY less options, though. MK and Epcot are slow ride heaven. For some rides you can leave baby in a carrier. AFAIK, if a ride has a safety bar, the baby must be taken out of a carrier and held on your lap.

JennyAnne
03-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Oh wonderful! That makes me so happy! I didn't know if there was a requirement about being big enough to be strapped in or anything. Our other kids will be almost 4 and 2, so we'd be on the tame rides anyway. Thanks so much!!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
03-01-2014, 11:51 PM
We took our son for the first time when he was 6-7 months old and we had a lovely time. Don't worry about it at all. If you can't ride something use it as an opportunity to do something you normally wouldn't. We checked out a lot of the theming more so then usual, loved the people watching aspect of the trip and all in all had a nice easy trip. No rushing, just relaxing and taking by stride. It ended up being one of our better, more relaxing trips.

AndrewJackson
03-02-2014, 07:08 AM
:congrats:

JennyAnne
03-02-2014, 09:23 AM
:congrats:

Thank you!!

JennyAnne
03-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Invest in a nice baby carrier (we have the ergo baby) and it is a life saver!

Thank you! We have the Beco Gemeni and it's so comfortable. It saves my lower back!

Figment104
03-04-2014, 12:02 PM
My son was a bit older when we took him for the first time (almost 18 months), but like others have said there were tons of rides that we could take him on. We did spend the majority of our time at MK and EPCOT. Honestly his favorite ride was the TTA at MK with SW being a close second. Depending on what time of year you're going just make sure to keep the baby and yourself hydrated. I didn't think this would be an issue for us, but before I knew it my DS was definitely getting dehydrated, it creeps up on you fast!

Terra
03-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Thank you! We have the Beco Gemeni and it's so comfortable. It saves my lower back!
Such a great carrier!!!! I loved my Ergo too. Had an earthy rainbow wrap but that is just too hot in Florida so I traded it for a sling!

My boys have been going since before they were born :)
They both went at 1 month old and rode a lot of things! :)

Have fun!!!