PDA

View Full Version : MK Hours for Monday, Sep 1

Main Street Jim
02-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Looking at the park hours for Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2014, MK is only open until 7:00pm.

I can't recall if that has traditionally been a MNSSHP night or not :/ Anyone know if that's the case this year?

rjmdds
02-28-2014, 08:24 PM
There are rumors that MNSSHP may be starting a week earlier this year. The MK hours for Friday the 29th are also until 7pm furthering the speculation. An early start to the party is the most logical reason at this point. Nothing's confirmed yet though. So it's possible that Sept. 1st is a party night.

02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Jim, "traditionally" that is not a party night. Parties usually don't start till around the early part of the second week or Sep. or so. It would really surprise me if parties would start that early. Probably the calendar will be updated in a couple of months to a later park close.

I'll ask around though when I get back down in a week or so and see what I can find out for you.

Main Street Jim
03-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the replies :) I *do* recall from working at the park that the Parties were starting earlier and earlier in the month; last I *can* recall was the week following Nights of Joy (second week in September).

'Preciate it :)

VWL Mom
03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
The rumor is it will start Aug 29 in order to take advantage of the Labor Day crowd. Am I the only one that finds Halloween decorations before Labor Day depressing?

The other rumor is that even though NoJoy is posted as Sep 5 and 6, they are adding the Aug 29 and Sep 1 dates because of the large crowds the last few years,

joonyer
03-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Park hours are subject to change without notice. Often park will be changed as dates get nearer and (especially when) holiday crowds are anticipated. Nothing 6 months out is written in stone, so you can't count on that closing time being accurate right now.

Melanie
03-01-2014, 06:14 PM
The rumor is it will start Aug 29 in order to take advantage of the Labor Day crowd. Am I the only one that finds Halloween decorations before Labor Day depressing?

The other rumor is that even though NoJoy is posted as Sep 5 and 6, they are adding the Aug 29 and Sep 1 dates because of the large crowds the last few years,

I hope that is true about Night of Joy. My husband's birthday is Aug. 29th, and in no way, NO WAY, do I associate that time with Halloween. Ridiculous.

Main Street Jim
03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I hope that is true about Night of Joy. My husband's birthday is Aug. 29th, and in no way, NO WAY, do I associate that time with Halloween. Ridiculous.I think that VWL Mom is referring to adding MNSSHP dates, not adding NoJ dates.

VWL Mom
03-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I think that VWL Mom is referring to adding MNSSHP dates, not adding NoJ dates.

Both, the first rumor is about adding MNSSHP dates and the second is about adding Night of Joy dates.