PDA

View Full Version : First stay at Yacht Club!

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Our trip is coming up soon, and we will be staying at the Yacht Club for the first time. I've been researching, and have a few questions from those of you who have stayed here before. . . .

1. No quick service breakfast available? Do you just walk over to the one at Beach Club? Is that far or does it take long?

2. Room recommendations? (Does it matter?) The values and moderates tend to have different buildings with names or numbers. We have sent in requests before to be in a certain building or area. Other than water view, standard view, etc, I don't see any way to differentiate which side of the building you may want to be on. Any advice or input here?

Thanks in advance!

biggins
02-27-2014, 11:39 AM
I love the Yacht club! You will love it. I have stayed at all three epcot resorts and that is my favorite. It depends what you want to be near as far as rooms, but I used to love being on the first floor, very near the quiet pool and relatively near the lobby and those rooms are numbered from like 1070's to 1090's. There is a place now in the lobby, at night it's a bar area, and they sell continental breakfast items, with a few small tables, or you could eat them outside. You can also use snack credits from dining plan for those purchases by the way. The walk to the beach club is not long at all. Have a great time!

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the info! In the online check-in process, you can state your preference of ground floor vs higher up. I was weighing the pros and cons-

Higher floor- Better view of Illuminations from balcony, also more privacy?

Ground floor- less privacy, but easier to walk out if going to Picabu at Dolphin?

AgentC
02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
The Yacht Club is my favorite Epcot resort. We have stayed there several times. I generally get a garden view room because I am not big on paying for views but I don't like looking at parking lots either. :)

I have been on the first floor and on upper floors. I prefer the upper floors simply because I like having the balcony over the patio. It feels more private to me. We have always ended up with a room near the quiet pool. I find that to be a good location thought it can be a bit of a walk from the lobby. There is a staircase in the area that takes you out to the main path around the lake.

I have never had a room at Yacht Club where I could see Illuminations. I don't think many of them have that view since the Beach Club is in between Yacht and Epcot.

As mentioned the walk to the quick serve at Beach is short. The Captain's Grille is table service but it has a nice breakfast with a choice of a la carte or buffet.

WDWParrothead
02-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Our trip is coming up soon, and we will be staying at the Yacht Club for the first time. I've been researching, and have a few questions from those of you who have stayed here before. . . .

1. No quick service breakfast available? Do you just walk over to the one at Beach Club? Is that far or does it take long?

2. Room recommendations? (Does it matter?) The values and moderates tend to have different buildings with names or numbers. We have sent in requests before to be in a certain building or area. Other than water view, standard view, etc, I don't see any way to differentiate which side of the building you may want to be on. Any advice or input here?

Thanks in advance!

1. Even though the quick service area is small, we've never had a problem getting a table. The CMs keep it very clean. The food selection is good for a grab and go breakfast, complete with coffee, etc. If you want something more substantial, Captain's Grille is right next to the QS area. We've eaten here many times and the food and service are consistently good. The BC is a quick walk away if you want more options.

2. We never really had a bad room at the YC. Although, we've always done garden or water views. Some report that there can be a long walks from some rooms to the lobby, etc. We've never found this to be true, especially compared to the times we stayed at BWI and BWV...those are some long hallways!

Have a great trip!

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks- this is all great info. In my online check in, I only noted that I'd rather NOT have a ground floor. I may just roll the dice and take whatever we get.

I don't get scared off by long walks, especially now that my kids are older. Considering how much walking we do around the parks in a day, it seems inconsequential. (Granted, we've never stayed at the bigger, sprawling resorts . . . )

Dream'nDisney
03-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Our room at the YC the last couple stays has actually been closer to Picabu's at the Dolphin. We usually walk over there a couple times during our trip, either for a quick breakfast or a late night meal or snack.