PDA

View Full Version : Booking DVC at the last-minute

DisneyFan1979
02-27-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm wondering if anyone can share their experiences with booking DVC not far out? I have a trip planned next week and am concerned about snow in the forecast derailing our flight plans. I'm curious if we had to reschedule for a few weeks later if there'd be any chance of getting something at AKL/Kidani (where we are currently booked) or any DVC at all, or if we'd be out of luck.

This is my first year owning DVC and this trip I booked at 5 months out. I know it obviously depends on whether it's a busy travel time or not, but assuming average crowd levels (e.g., no holidays or school vacations), do people have any luck booking a few weeks before?

Thanks, just trying to have an alternative game plan so I won't worry so much!

DizneyRox
02-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Did you try checking availability on the website? I've never tried a short notice trip, but they do seem to shows what days are available, which are not and even offer alternatives.

I did have a waitlist come through at the 5 day mark once, but I already had a backup booked. So not really the same.

disneymom15
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
We've done 2 last minute DVC trips, both in 2012. First one was Memorial weekend, only thing available was SSR (didn't like that resort). The second trip was early Dec and our 1st choice was available.

JMTStone
02-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Agree with Rox. Check the website. The system offered me "alternatives" when I asked for something I wanted with waitlist options.

DisneyFan1979
02-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Thank you for your responses. :mickey:

Disney4us2
02-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Last week I booked AKL Kidani for one night on April 18...Easter week and had no problem getting a standard view.

I also booked 2 nights at OKW for June 18-19 and wait listed for Boardwalk since my friends are staying there. Still waiting for the wait list to come through.