PDA

View Full Version : Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend - November 7-8, 2014

Melanie
02-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend -
November 7-8, 2014
5th Anniversary
:wine::chef:

All Events, Saturday November 8:
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon - 10pm (through Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios)
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K - 7am (through Animal Kingdom Park)

Registration as of 3/5
Half Marathon - 78% full
5K - 50% full
Pre-Race Taste - 60% full

Event Costs:
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
$185 by April 1
$200 between April 2 and May 13
$215 on or after May 14, 2013

Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
$55 by August 19
$65 on our after August 20

runDisney Kids' Races
$15 by August 19
$20 on or after August 20

runDisney 1 Mile Run
$30 by August 19
$35 on or after August 20

runFinish Line Party Tickets (after party at Epcot)
$75 by August 12
$85 between August 13 and October 28
$95 on or after October 29

Official Page here (http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/)

Christine
02-27-2014, 08:52 AM
Jingle Jungle, baby!! Gotta make sure I get to AK at least ONCE each year! ;)
:thumbsup:

AgentC
02-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Jingle Jungle, baby!! Gotta make sure I get to AK at least ONCE each year! ;)

Some of us love Animal Kingdom and any excuse to go is a good excuse. ;) :monkey::monkey:

I think I am going to do it and maybe even get the husband to sign up. :)

Melanie
02-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Some of us love Animal Kingdom and any excuse to go is a good excuse. ;) :monkey::monkey:

I think I am going to do it and maybe even get the husband to sign up. :)

Woohoo! Yep, running through AK will be fun. Looking forward to a runICOT good time!

tinksmom02
02-27-2014, 10:56 AM
I can't wait to sign up on Tuesday for the Jingle Jungle 5K! My first runDisney event and my first adults-only trip to WDW!

I kind of feel like i should call it a walkDisney event :blush:

Christine
02-27-2014, 11:09 AM
:)

Heehee! I know, I'm just being snarky!! ;) :thedolls: :stir:

Melanie
02-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I kind of feel like i should call it a walkDisney event :blush:

We'd love for you to join us runICOT folks! It's a good time. :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
02-27-2014, 11:35 AM
We'd love for you to join us runICOT folks! It's a good time. :thumbsup:

My friend and I are planning to head down just for the weekend but I would definitely like to meet up if I can!! :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-27-2014, 11:36 AM
My friend and I are planning to head down just for the weekend but I would definitely like to meet up if I can!! :thumbsup:

It's going to be a quick weekend for my family as well, but us ICOT folk could meet up before the 5K. We'll certainly discuss as it gets closer.

tinksmom02
02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
It's going to be a quick weekend for my family as well, but us ICOT folk could meet up before the 5K. We'll certainly discuss as it gets closer.

AgentC
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm officially signed up to Jingle in the Jungle. :walk:

Melanie
03-03-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm officially signed up to Jingle in the Jungle. :walk:

Woohoo!!!!

Melanie
03-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Registration opens today, folks! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
03-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Registration opens today, folks! :thumbsup:

Ok, I'm officially an addict. Dawn and I are gonna come down for the 5K. I cant seem to log in from DVC so I guess I'm going to have to wait for regular registration. Will there be a DVC discount for the 5K after registration opens to general public?

Melanie
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Oh my gosh, Justin, that's awesome! Hopefully someone with DVC knowledge on this will be along to confirm, but you should be able to apply the discount at that point.

Our #runICOT contingent is growing by the day for this race! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
yeah #runICOT has created a monster. lol Now I actually have to start training

Melanie
03-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Now I actually have to start training

Me too, Justin, me too.

disneymom15
03-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Hmmm, we'll be there that week, We plan on arriving around noon on the 8th so we could do it.
I'll have to run it by the rest of the group. Sounds like it would be loads of fun.

cer
03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Boo! I want to do this one soooo badly!

Can't this year, though.

I should be excited as we are all set to do the Dumbo Dare at Disneyland (got my plane tix last night) but I am having a hard time. I think I am stressing out about the unknown. (Never have been to Disneyland as an adult) and there is just so much more I am not used to worrying about...and I don't know all the 'do not miss places' for dining and attractions, well, I think I know them as far as the attractions go....
Anyway, this is a discussion for a different thread.

I hope everyone has a successful registration experience! :thumbsup:

Go Wine and Dine! :D

Yungbuck73
03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Both of us are registered and they did take the DVC discount.

Yungbuck73
03-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, we'll be there that week, We plan on arriving around noon on the 8th so we could do it.
I'll have to run it by the rest of the group. Sounds like it would be loads of fun.

You should def do it. We had SOOOO much fun marathon weekend.

badkitty
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm bummed I don't think I can get over to FL in November. With the DLR meet up in October, a trip to Hawai'i (big island!) and the new DL races the next weekend, I don't think my dog and finances will allow it. I will miss you all!

AgentC
03-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Ok, I'm officially an addict. Dawn and I are gonna come down for the 5K. I cant seem to log in from DVC so I guess I'm going to have to wait for regular registration. Will there be a DVC discount for the 5K after registration opens to general public?

Yay Justin!

tinksmom02
03-04-2014, 12:37 PM
It's official, my friend and I just registered! I'm having difficulty accessing the online store for discount ticket information, though--I keep getting a message that the code I'm entering is invalid.

And I have an email out to Terrisue about a room, the trip is actually coming together!! :mickey:

Melanie
03-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Don't forget to use your Disney Visa discount if you have the card! $43.10 total for the 5K. Love!

tinksmom02
03-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Don't forget to use your Disney Visa discount if you have the card! $43.10 total for the 5K. Love!

I forgot to mention that this worked! Of course, I ordered 2 pins, so my total was a little more, but it was almost like I got one of the pins for free. ;)

Melanie
03-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm getting a little freaked out that I haven't received the confirmation email for my youngest son yet. I really hate Active's website. It is not user friendly at all. I can't find anywhere that lists what races you are signed up for. :unsure:

tinksmom02
03-04-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm getting a little freaked out that I haven't received the confirmation email for my youngest son yet. I really hate Active's website. It is not user friendly at all. I can't find anywhere that lists what races you are signed up for. :unsure:

I was all logged in and ready to go, and when noon came, it wouldn't let me do anything. :thedolls: And it only lists the Color Run I did last year, and the upcoming one I'm doing this year, under my events, not the rD one. I'm new to all this, though, so who knows.

Can you tell I'm so excited????? :D

Melanie
03-04-2014, 12:57 PM
I was all logged in and ready to go, and when noon came, it wouldn't let me do anything. :thedolls: And it only lists the Color Run I did last year, and the upcoming one I'm doing this year, under my events, not the rD one. I'm new to all this, though, so who knows.

Can you tell I'm so excited????? :D

My MIL is having a hard time right now signing up. It's inevitably busy.

Where do you even see the races you've done? I can't find that section at all. :confused:

I do see that all the charges have hit my credit card, so hopefully that last confirmation will come through soon.

tinksmom02
03-04-2014, 12:59 PM
My MIL is having a hard time right now signing up. It's inevitably busy.

Where do you even see the races you've done? I can't find that section at all. :confused:

There's a little triangle next to my name when I'm logged into the Active site. There's a "My Events" option there. I've only used Active for the color runs and now rD, and I'm the captain for the color run events, I don't know if that makes a difference.

AgentC
03-04-2014, 01:03 PM
None of mine come up under my Active account but when I go back into the register form and click "check if I'm registered", I come up under the name search.

Strangely enough when I click the link in my confirmation it says I'm not authorized to view the registration. :confused:

Active makes things waaaaaay to hard.

Melanie
03-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Active makes things waaaaaay to hard.

Exactly why they lost the Marine Corps Marathon account.

Melanie
03-04-2014, 01:21 PM
None of mine come up under my Active account but when I go back into the register form and click "check if I'm registered", I come up under the name search.

That did it, Cindy! Thank you! I've never noticed that choice way on down at the bottom before. ;)

We're all there, and I even checked on my in-laws who are running as well. Fun! I'm excited.

I'm going to wait a bit to purchase our After Party tickets, unless I see that they are selling out.

disneymom15
03-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Both of us are registered and they did take the DVC discount.

What is the DVC discount amount!

AgentC
03-04-2014, 02:48 PM
We're all there, and I even checked on my in-laws who are running as well. Fun! I'm excited.

I'm going to wait a bit to purchase our After Party tickets, unless I see that they are selling out.

The whole family is running the 5K?

I didn't register for the After Party yet either. Is it worth the cost?

Melanie
03-04-2014, 02:58 PM
The whole family is running the 5K?

I didn't register for the After Party yet either. Is it worth the cost?

James isn't running the 5K, but the rest of us are. :)

The after party is a must for us, and main reason we are staying at the Boardwalk. James's admission is included in his half registration. We had a great time when we did it the inaugural year. The boys and I went over to Epcot as soon as it opened for the party guests, and had so much fun in a very uncrowded WS. It got quite congested when the runners started pouring in, but that first year the party was only in WS. They learned a lesson from that, and since then they've opened the whole park.

One difference this year is that we'll probably find a place on the route to cheer. We'll see.

disneymom15
03-04-2014, 03:08 PM

Oops, sorry, just realized the 5K run is at 7am.

Yungbuck73
03-04-2014, 04:04 PM
James isn't running the 5K, but the rest of us are. :)

The after party is a must for us, and main reason we are staying at the Boardwalk. James's admission is included in his half registration. We had a great time when we did it the inaugural year. The boys and I went over to Epcot as soon as it opened for the party guests, and had so much fun in a very uncrowded WS. It got quite congested when the runners started pouring in, but that first year the party was only in WS. They learned a lesson from that, and since then they've opened the whole park.

One difference this year is that we'll probably find a place on the route to cheer. We'll see.

Do they keep International Gateway open that late for guests staying at boardwalk?

Melanie
03-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Yes, they do.

Mr. Smee
03-04-2014, 06:56 PM
This is getting to be very very tempting.

John

Melanie
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
This is getting to be very very tempting.

John

Do it. Do it. Do it!

Seriously, it's my hubby's favorite half. And, there will be a special, one of a kind, 5th anniversary medal this year.

Melanie
03-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Here's the press release with more info on the medal (but no pic yet :( )

New Medal to Mark 5th Anniversary Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Commemorative medal only available for 2014 event; popular post-race party during Epcot International Food & Wine Festival to return; registration opens today for November race weekend

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (March 4, 2014) – Registration opens today for the fifth anniversary Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort, and runners who sign up will have the chance to earn a one-time-only fifth anniversary medal.

The all-new commemorative medal will be distinctive and unique, a collectors’ item for anyone who completes the 13.1-mile nighttime race on Nov. 9 through Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The race weekend will also include Mickey’s Jingle Jungle 5K and runDisney Kids races on Nov. 8.

Immediately after the half marathon, runners and their families have the opportunity to celebrate at the popular Finish Line Party during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival inside Epcot until 4 am (friends and family must purchase a party ticket for entry). The Finish Line Party features more than 25 kiosks offering fine cuisine and wine from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, plus Disney characters, musical performances and the opportunity to ride signature Epcot attractions.

There will also be a Disney Wine & Dine Pre-Race Taste on Nov. 7, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This special ticketed evening event offers runners and fans a private reception on the set of Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, featuring food and beverages from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, music and meet & greets with Disney characters.

The race weekend kicks off with the Disney Health and Fitness Expo on Nov. 7-8, at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World. The expo, which is free and open to the public, offers the latest in running apparel, technology and a speaker series featuring running experts such as runDisney official training consultant Jeff Galloway and runDisney nutritionist Tara Gidus.

To register for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend races and to purchase tickets for the Disney Wine & Dine Pre-Race Taste and Finish Line Party at Epcot, visit www.runDisney.com. Runners can access specially priced theme park tickets and accommodations after registering for the event by calling 407-939-iRUN.

Melanie
03-05-2014, 06:51 AM
I updated the original post regarding sign ups. Color me a little surprised on how quickly the half is filling up.

Melanie
03-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Half Marathon now 95% full!

WDWParrothead
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Half Marathon now 95% full!

Sold out! Wow that was fast, glad I registered as soon as I got home yesterday!

Melanie
03-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Sold out! Wow that was fast, glad I registered as soon as I got home yesterday!

Yes. Crazy fast!

DizRunner
03-05-2014, 05:58 PM
The website showed sold-out about 2 hours ago.

I'm so excited. I got in right when I needed to.

I wasn't expecting it to sellout so quick. I was thinking that I had a month or so to decide.

But this morning before work I saw that it was at 76%. Figured I'd register when I got home from work.

For the heck of it I checked during lunch. At that time it was 92%. I was very surprised.

Didn't want to take any chances so I registered during lunch.

Before I left work it was at 98%. And when I arrived at home it was sold-out.

Sooooooo happy I didn't wait until I got home. I would be so bummed. But now I'm too excited.

This'll be my fourth Disney half, but my first W&D. Can't wait. Heard a lot of great things about it.

If you wanted to register, I really hope you got in.

Christine
03-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Wine & Dine is my favorite 1/2! The after party alone makes the price justifiable IMHO.
Food & wine festival til 4am with no crowds!? Heck yeah!

Melanie
03-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Food & wine festival til 4am with no crowds!? Heck yeah!

Do you mean there are no crowds at 4am? lol!

It was certainly crowded after the runners started pouring in that first year. Hopefully that changed with opening the whole park up year 2?

Christine
03-07-2014, 04:45 PM
I guess it did help bc I didn't find the crowds bad at all last year or the year before. It was easy peasy and a lot if fun!! :thumbsup:

DizRunner
03-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey all!

This will be my first W&D and I'm wondering what you veterans of this run have done in the past on the day of. Do any of you go to the parks? I'm sure if you do you don't wipe yourselves out.

I'm thinking of flying in on Friday morning and heading to Epcot after checking into Pop. Spend all day there.

On Saturday go to the expo right when it opens and pick up my packet. But after that I've got most of the day to kill. Thought about going to DTD and maybe the Contemporary to walk around. But that won't be much of the day. I'll have quite a few hours to kill.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Really excited for this run.

Christine
03-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey all!

This will be my first W&D and I'm wondering what you veterans of this run have done in the past on the day of. Do any of you go to the parks? I'm sure if you do you don't wipe yourselves out.

I'm thinking of flying in on Friday morning and heading to Epcot after checking into Pop. Spend all day there.

On Saturday go to the expo right when it opens and pick up my packet. But after that I've got most of the day to kill. Thought about going to DTD and maybe the Contemporary to walk around. But that won't be much of the day. I'll have quite a few hours to kill.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Really excited for this run.

I was SO nervous about this race- what do I eat all day? Do I rest or move around? Should I nap since I'll be up late? Turns out I just did what I normally do. No sleep alterations. Ate a little lighter (bagel with peanut butter, bananas, stayed away from anything fried but I do that normally anyway. I didn't go tour the parks but I did move around stayed somewhat active.

You're going to love it! Adrenaline will kick in!

DizRunner
03-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Thanks Christine. I appreciate the response. That helps.

N2DisneyWorld
03-11-2014, 12:27 AM
I'm looking forward to this run too! I happened to be in MK when the registration opened and later that evening figured I would check it out & saw it was 76% full. I quickly registered before I forgot to do so. LOL!

Yungbuck73
05-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Booked at PORFQ. coming in on Thursday morning an dawn comes in Friday night. Both leaving Sunday night. Gonna do the after race party. Sounds like a good time.

shaneym
05-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi I am looking to come down and surprise my niece. What is the event code so i can get hotel and tickets for the event?

Yungbuck73
05-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi I am looking to come down and surprise my niece. What is the event code so i can get hotel and tickets for the event?

When I called for the room I just told them I was running the 5K and no other questions were asked. I called 407-939-IRUN which is thru the runDisney site

Yungbuck73
07-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Physical therapy is going ok so far for my Achilles tear but I'm not allowed to do any kind of long walking or jogging. I called today to see if I could defer the 5k and runDisney does not defer any 5K. I'm just gonna do my best to walk it and not even try to run (ok maybe i'll try to sneak a few light jogs in) as long as my Rehab goes ok.
Still looking to do the 10K for Marathon weekend in January:mickey:

Yungbuck73
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
So Dawn broke her big toe the night we got back from the big Disneyland trip. :ill:
She wont be doing the 5K and I'm Going to be limping along for it.
We are still going to go and also hit the After Race Party. See you all there
:mickey:

badkitty
11-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Good luck all you 5K and half marathon racers! :thumbsup:
Enjoy and have one for me at the after party. :beer:

Yungbuck73
11-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Good luck all you 5K and half marathon racers! :thumbsup:
Enjoy and have one for me at the after party. :beer:

Will do and thanks. I sent you a private message did u get it??

VWL Mom
11-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Good luck to all this weekend's racers!

badkitty
11-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Will do and thanks. I sent you a private message did u get it??

No, I don't have any current messages. Bummer.

Yungbuck73
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Back from another awesome rundisney weekend. The 5 K was painful but I finished and finished about 2 min faster than in January. Still need a lot of work but I WILL be ready for my deferred 10K in 2016.
Thanks for all the encouragement and support from all my fellow Intercotees. We are a special group that really "get" each other.
See everyone in January when #runICOT AND #cheerICOT Invade WDW again with a bigger and and louder cheering group