PDA

View Full Version : NSSHP and Christmas party question

Disney_pups2
02-27-2014, 12:16 AM
If we go to one of these night parties, how are the crowds? Do they allow fast pass use? What rides are open at MK during these two parties? Is there a list?

How far in advance do we need to purchase tickets for night party?

Ms. Mode
02-27-2014, 07:49 AM
The crowd level is up in the air really, but you can expect it to be about a normal day (evening) at the park; not jammed in but not empty either.

Most of the rides are operating, but there are no FP during parties. You really don't have much of a wait for a ride during a party because there is so much else people would rather be doing.

There are special character meet and greets, trick or treat candy, dance parties and special parades, etc.

The parties are great! Have fun. :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-27-2014, 07:53 AM
The short answer is "it depends". Some party nights the crowds aren't bad but I've also been where it's absolutely packed. This past year most of the nights in October sold out completely, which I hadn't seen happen before. Several December nights sold out for the MVMCP as well. It used to be only the dates closest to the actual holiday, and some weekend nights, sold out.

No Fastpass. Rides used to be walk-on, but, again, that's changing as they're letting more people into the parks for the party and more parties are selling out. Most rides are open, though neither party is worth it to go for the rides. The prices are ridiculous now anyway, but you really have to go for all of the "extra" stuff that you can't do any other time or it's a waste of your money.

Weeknights - buy your tickets a minimum of a week in advance. Weekends probably further out.

1DisneyNut
02-27-2014, 08:46 AM
The crowds can be medium to somewhat heavy as others have mentioned but usually not packed. They don't sell completely out very often but who knows how many they would actually allow in for the party now since they seem to be trying to squeeze every little nickle out of the parks they possibly can while disregarding customer enjoyment.

There are no fastpasses and I prefer it that way. It takes the park back to the times when you just showed up, went and got in a line and rode rides. No running all over the park getting fastpasses, no prescheduling, just show up and enjoy. It is a really nice experience.

The rides can vary but for the most part all of the most popular rides are operating. I don't think they release a list far in advance but if you look at past attractions, it will be basically the same.

I wouldn't buy the tickets more than a week in advance. They are nonrefundable so if something changes in your plans and you can't make it, you are out of the money. They have the parties several nights each week during the season so just schedule your trip so you will be there for at least two, maybe three nights they are having it and buy the tickets once you get there for whatever night you want. If one night was to be sold out, pick the other night.

02-27-2014, 09:45 AM
No Fastpass. Rides used to be walk-on, but, again, that's changing as they're letting more people into the parks for the party and more parties are selling out.

I've worked about 80% of the parties for the last 5 years and the amount of tickets available for them has stayed the same for a sellout.

SurferStitch
02-27-2014, 12:02 PM
We went to a mid December MVMCP this past year (2013). It was a sold out night, and it was PACKED. We went around the same time in 2011, and we have a pic of us under the clock on Main Street. It was 12:45am (we took our time leaving), and there was NOBODY around us. Main Street was a ghost town. Same time of night this past December.... so many people it looked like a normal day's crowd. Unbelievable!!

We went to a sold out MNSSHP back in 2004, and it definitely wasn't nearly as full. I have to agree with StrmChsr... it at least appears that many more people are being allowed into the parties. I've never been packed shoulder to shoulder on Main Street like I was this past December. Both DH and myself agreed the crowds were much bigger than in previous years.

Disney_pups2
02-28-2014, 12:45 AM
Thank you all for the information. I have another question though. How are the crowds during the daytime in the parks when there is a party that night? Also, do they do any of the night time parades or fireworks when there is a party that night??

Strmchsr
02-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Crowds usually aren't too bad in the parks, nothing above normal, until around 4 pm. Since folks with party tickets can get in starting at 4 a lot of people don't buy a park ticket for that day and just use their party ticket. So from 4-7 the parks can feel pretty crowded as you have the party crowd coming in and the day crowds still around.

As for the fireworks and parades, I don't recall them ever doing any of the normal evening activities on party nights.

steamboat willy
02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Thank you all for the information. I have another question though. How are the crowds during the daytime in the parks when there is a party that night? Also, do they do any of the night time parades or fireworks when there is a party that night??

They hayve Special Parades & Fireworks. Boo To You Parade is awesome and the Firework Themed to Villians Music. The Night Time Christmas Parade comes with Snow, also Great!:thumbsup: