PDA

View Full Version : Wine & Dine Half Marathon Registration

WDWParrothead
02-26-2014, 09:39 AM
My wife and I are seriously considering signing up for the Wine and Dine run in November. After all, what better motivation to get off the couch and into shape than a WDW vacation?

How quickly do these races sell out? Thanks!

cer
02-26-2014, 10:42 AM
You "should" be fine. The Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend does not have the popular "challenge" opportunities where you earn an additional medal for doing more than one event in the weekend. Also, there is no "inaugural" run being offered (that I know of) AND this run is NOT in Disneyland. All of the above reasons make some of the run Disney events in high demand.

That being said, if it were me, I would not hesitate. I would decide in advance if I wanted to do it and register as soon as it opened up. You do not want to risk missing out.

Some information you may need when you register:

-You will need to know your t-shirt (tech shirt) size - lately they have been offering a men's and a women's cut.
-You will need to know your estimated time to complete the distance and/or your pacing information for a 10K or longer run. So that includes the name of the event, the date, the distance, your time. (This is not mandatory, but it will allow you to get better corral placement).
-You will be offered commemorative pins available to purchase at registration.
-You will need to provide emergency contact information.

These are some things I have learned that sometimes slow me down when I am trying to register for an event and I like to have all the information ready beforehand.

I am so excited for you! I have not done the Wine and Dine Half, but I am looking forward to it. I have heard great things!

Melanie
02-26-2014, 10:54 AM
cer is dead on. W&D doesn't normally sell out on first day, but it's not a bad idea to get in there as soon as possible. I actually think the Just announced Avengers race in Disneyland the next week will ease some pressure off W&D.

We are going back again this year after not participating since the inaugural. My hubby is way excited. It's his favorite half.

cer
02-26-2014, 11:05 AM
I actually think the Just announced Avengers race in Disneyland the next week will ease some pressure off W&D.

true.

badkitty
02-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Just to note though, this will be the 5th anniversary year for the W&D and anniversaries seem to be very popular.

Melanie
02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Just to note though, this will be the 5th anniversary year for the W&D and anniversaries seem to be very popular.

Very good point, Salina. That would be exactly why my hubby wants to do it. Anniversaries usually mean a even more special medal, and as we all know, it's all about the bling. :D