PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Picnic" locations?

Euby
02-26-2014, 05:26 AM
Thinking of packing lunches to save some money. Has anyone done this before? Where are you favorite locations to have your "picnic"? We'll be visiting EPCOT, MK, and AK.

PETE FROM NYC
02-26-2014, 06:21 PM
We have packed lunch in for the last couple of trips because we have a DVC 1 BR villa. We simply park ourselves at an un-crowded CS restaurant, or shaded seating area, like next to breakfastasaurus in AK.

Disneyfun
02-26-2014, 06:49 PM
My prefered places to have a picnic would be as follows:

MK - the old loading dock for the Swan boats at the bottom of the rose garden infront of the castle - or - the little used/known path from Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland.

Epcot - In the rear of the UK pavillion is a nice garden area where they have the British Revolution (I think that is the current name) play and they are really good! Also, the area around the gardens in Canada is very pretty. Any of the 'platforms' along the walk way of the World Showcase that are used for special events near the International Gateway would be very nice.

AK - I would say that any of the animal trails would be nice, but I am not sure about benches to sit on. You may also want to try behind the Flame Tree BBQ - I hear that there is a very nice seating area that has some spectacular views.

faline
02-26-2014, 07:38 PM
I once saw a family having a lovely lunch at a picnic table on Tom Sawyer's Island - seemed like a lovely place to have a luncheon.

LVT
02-27-2014, 07:25 AM
We tend to favor the Flame tree barbeque picnic pavilions along the lake. Beware the begging waterfowl.:thumbsup: