PDA

View Full Version : unemployed

KEYONNAH
02-25-2014, 02:16 PM
As some of you may have read on my last post I was suspended from my job as a case manager that I've done for over 7yrs for a mistake. Yesterday I was terminated. They treated me like a criminal. Won't let me retrieve my stuff or tell me if I'm still getting paid on Friday. I feel lost. My friends even though I know they care they keep bringing up the situation. All I've wanted to do is lay on my couch and cry. I'm a social worker I know better than this, but I don't know what to do. I don't even have a saved copy of my resume to start with. :fit::rant::sob:

BrerGnat
02-25-2014, 03:30 PM
So sorry to hear this. Will you be eligible for unemployment? That's probably your first step. Good luck and I hope things turn around soon for you!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-25-2014, 03:49 PM
:( sorry to hear that

MNNHFLTX
02-25-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm so sorry. I know how hard case managers work; often with few resources and little backup. I can only imagine how devastated you feel right now. :(

KEYONNAH
02-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Have applied for unemployment but phone interview isn't until march 7

Katzateer
02-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Everything with unemployment and any other assistance you may be eligible for is slow.....and frustrating. Hang in there and don't give up. It isn't that the workers don't care- it just takes awhile with any state/federal programs.

Good luck and I hope it works out.

VWL Mom
02-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry, hope everything works out.

SBETigg
02-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Give yourself a few days to grieve, but then get right back into it. Get your resume together and start networking. Learn from your past and know that you are strong and you can face the future. You've got this!

But sometimes we do need a few days to wallow after a bad situation, so don't be too hard on yourself right now. I'm really sorry it turned out this way for you.

mickclub1955
02-25-2014, 07:36 PM
I honestly feel your pain. Last Christmas Eve I was let go from my job. It went to arbitration and it took 6 months before it was all done and I didn't have a job. I filed for unemployment in June and had to file it in Alabama because it was a federal job and that is where the job was (I live in Mississippi). I didn't get full unemployment because of why I was let go (I was a postman and I had a wreck). With unemployment I had to apply for 3 jobs a week. Regular unemployment ran out for me October and then I went to emergency unemployment until that ran out on Dec 28th. I applied for over 100 jobs and only had one job interview. Needless to say it has been a very depressing experience and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Being a social worker, I am know that you have a good college education and that will take you far. Keep your chin up and don't let them get you down. Don't let my story get you down. The job market is not very good here. Hopefully, it is better where you are from. I just wanted to let you know that there is someone else out here going through the same thing.

russ57
02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Most states have a "careerlink, careernet,: or a similar sounding organization. I would do an internet search for "workforce development" on the web. This should give you information about where you can get job search assistance, resume' assistance, and other resources available to folks in your state. Often there is an online website that you can use to look for employment. I was a case manager at a careerlink in PA, we learned of other states with similar programs. The most important thing to do 1st is get unemployment, then proceed.

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Keep your head up Key... I know you are down right now, but think of it this way... one door closed, another opens to something bigger and better!!!

#1donaldfan
02-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear that. I know hearing all the one liners will never help the feelings you have inside right now. They are true, for the most part, but when we are down we don't necessarily want to hear them, even when we know they are true. It's hard to overcome, but I can say with all certainty God can help you !! He may not be on your schedule, or work within your time frame, but He will always answer you and help you, albeit not always as we want it to be. :mickey:

KEYONNAH
02-26-2014, 03:41 PM
My clients are finding out and are upset. That's just making me feel worse. Some of my family has been encouraging, but others want me to just accept whatever minimum wage job I can get. I start to cry every time I even try to write a resume.

CanadianWDWFan
02-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Keep your head up Key... I know you are down right now, but think of it this way... one door closed, another opens to something bigger and better!!!
:ditto:
I lost my job after 18 years and I never thought that I would find another job that I enjoyed as much. I was so wrong! Another door did open for me and I am now happier than I ever was.

Sure it is a rough time but so many of us have been through what you are going through right now.

RunDMV
02-26-2014, 07:54 PM
If you are willing to move south to Texas, the Houston Police Department is hiring. Next class starts in June. PM me for details.