PDA

View Full Version : Disney Imagineering shares "onboard" video of Dwarves Mine Train

Aurora
02-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Walt Disney Imagineering Shares First Onboard Video of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4REwQeDEY

Looks fun! :mjump:

Terra
02-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Love it!! What a cool view at night!! I so can't wait to ride!

stephicakes
02-25-2014, 05:30 AM
That's cool! What an awesome view of the castle too! :tink:

Mrs Bus Driver
02-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Just curious does anyone know how long the ride will be? :mickey:

SueQ
02-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Looks like a great ride. Too bad it wouldn't be open when we go at the end of March.

Katzateer
02-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Looks great! Wonder if there will be any drops or if it is just a train ride with twists and turns. I am a big chicken on drops!:blush: from the height of it I would expect a few drops.

Melanie
02-25-2014, 08:58 AM
The view (especially at night) is definitely going to be a big highlight of this attraction. After watching this, it really DOES feel like an in between of Big Thunder and Expedition Everest, and for me has a feeling of Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea. :thumbsup:

disneymom15
02-25-2014, 09:28 AM
So excited, can't wait to ride it.

natedog24
02-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting this! Great stuff! Can't wait to ride it firsthand! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Just curious does anyone know how long the ride will be? :mickey:

Between 1 minute 45 seconds and 2 minutes...

Looks great! Wonder if there will be any drops or if it is just a train ride with twists and turns. I am a big chicken on drops!:blush: from the height of it I would expect a few drops.

Small drop, nothing big...

Gator
02-25-2014, 11:44 AM
You know, I felt like watching the video like was seeing my bride before the wedding. But I couldn't resist. It looks like it will be really great. Can't wait to get there and ride it. Now if I can afford the new ticket price and resort price increases......

Ian
02-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I really really really really really really really really REALLY hope we get to ride this in April/May!!!!!

Terra
02-25-2014, 01:32 PM
You know, I felt like watching the video like was seeing my bride before the wedding. But I couldn't resist. It looks like it will be really great. Can't wait to get there and ride it. Now if I can afford the new ticket price and resort price increases......
Agree!!! I didn't want to look, but I couldn't resist!!!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I really really really really really really really really REALLY hope we get to ride this in April/May!!!!!
Tell us how you *really* feel Ian ;)

MrPeetrie
02-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Even though I am so "geeked" for this attraction, i refused to watch the ride-through.

Years ago, I was so excited for Expedition: Everest, I watched everything on it, including ride-throughs. I scoured YouTube for ANYTHING regarding the ride. i watched "Making-Of" videos, virtual videos, and anything else related. As a result, the first time I rode it, E:E didn't have the impact I expected (and wanted). Therefore, I will wait until September to see it first hand.

But thanks to the OP for the option.

AndrewJackson
02-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Wow. Looks really great. Definitely gonna ride this at night!

joonyer
02-26-2014, 12:23 AM
I've watched the video of the ride several times, and I think it looks really cool, and I'm sure it will be a big hit with long waits in the queue. Still, even though I'm looking forward to it opening soon, it doesn't seem to be a state-of-the-art "E-Ticket" that I was expecting. I know a lot of the details haven't been completed yet, and those details often make the difference in whether an attraction is over the top cool/awesome/fantastic or not.

But somehow, I'm feeling disappointed that it doesn't seem to be more, and yet excited that it still looks to a really cool attraction, both at the same time, if that makes any sense. Anyone else feel that way after watching this preview?

Mrs Bus Driver
02-28-2014, 08:10 AM
I've watched the video of the ride several times, and I think it looks really cool, and I'm sure it will be a big hit with long waits in the queue. Still, even though I'm looking forward to it opening soon, it doesn't seem to be a state-of-the-art "E-Ticket" that I was expecting. I know a lot of the details haven't been completed yet, and those details often make the difference in whether an attraction is over the top cool/awesome/fantastic or not.

But somehow, I'm feeling disappointed that it doesn't seem to be more, and yet excited that it still looks to a really cool attraction, both at the same time, if that makes any sense. Anyone else feel that way after watching this preview?

Yes, it looks like a kiddie coaster. It may be a really cool kiddie coaster but I would like something more. When the competition is building Potter World and we get a kiddie coaster and fp+ I have to wonder just what were they thinking. :confused:

indytraveler
02-28-2014, 08:40 AM
I've seen where April '14 is the opening. I would think they would want this open for traditional Spring Break week around Easter.

For those going before I would still stop by and see if they are doing any "soft openings" and letting people ride on this. Ask the CM and be prepared for the no answer, but if you cross examine them in a very, very, very polite manner they may spill the beans and be truthful. I remember they had some soft openings for Mission Space back in the day. It wasn't everyday, all day, but they did let maybe 50 people go on it at a time to get the loading sequence down right, etc.

PirateLover
02-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Joonyer, I'm with you! I watched the video and my first reaction was "OK. Cute. But that's it?" I feel like the wet blanket bringing everyone down though! I think a big part of it is definitely the number of unfinished elements. Not sure what they gain by releasing it? Maybe just to prove that the cars are working? But there still seems like so many little things left to do-- the things that really make an attraction come to life. I do think it will be cool at night, but I was underwhelmed by the video.

DizneyFreak2002
02-28-2014, 07:08 PM

It's not an E ticket... never was... Some of us tried to temper those expectations... Some people were making this mole hill to be a mountain.. It's not... It looks nice, fits well with the rest of the new Fantasyland area, fills it out completely honestly... But it isn't that great, awesome game changing E ticket people hyped this up to be...

Plus, that video looks old... Lots of theme work not completed in that video... will look much nicer... But still not an E ticket or a mountain....

Katzateer
03-01-2014, 07:59 AM

Considering the area of the park it is located in it would not be that much of a thrill ride- it is a fantasy area for little kids and " young" at heart. I am glad they seem to have stayed with the theme of the land!

Hope the finished product is as well themed as the rest of the new Fantasyland. I think they have done an amazing job with the entire new area added on.:cloud9::mickey:

Terra
03-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Considering the area of the park it is located in it would not be that much of a thrill ride- it is a fantasy area for little kids and " young" at heart. I am glad they seem to have stayed with the theme of the land!

Hope the finished product is as well themed as the rest of the new Fantasyland. I think they have done an amazing job with the entire new area added on.:cloud9::mickey:

Yes to this! It never even crossed my mind that it would be anything other than an attraction geared towards the "fantasy" and family.

I feel like no one can find anything positive anymore about Disney. Goodness.
This family is super excited!!! I think it looks amazing!!

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
The view (especially at night) is definitely going to be a big highlight of this attraction. After watching this, it really DOES feel like an in between of Big Thunder and Expedition Everest, and for me has a feeling of Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea. :thumbsup:Watching the video, my first thought was that it reminded me of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. That's not a bad thing, especially if you combine it with a faster, smoother track and great views. :thumbsup:

joonyer
03-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I guess it was the kid in me that has been expecting/hoping for a bigger/grander "E-ticket" attraction. But I've got nothing against the new mine train attraction, and I'm excited and looking forward to trying it out. For 20 years, I've been wishing/hoping/waiting that Disney would put something there that did justice to them doing away with "20K Under the Sea", which was one of my childhood favorites. I considered 20k one of the best attractions in MK, in spite of all its problems (which led to its demise), so I'm hoping that 7DMT measures up.

BrerGnat
03-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Wanna see a real E Ticket coaster ride through? Check out the Big Grizzly Mountain runaway mine train ride from Hong Kong Disneyland. You tube it. Holy Moly!

This ride will be fun, though, even if it's not overly thrilling. It seems to be really well themed and hopefully the animatronics are amazing.

Figment104
03-04-2014, 12:11 PM
For where it's located in the parks I think it seems just right! I can't wait to try it out in October. My only question, since it is a coaster is I wonder what the height requirement on it will be. I know Barnstomer or Great Goofiney (not sure which name it's going by currently) is about 35in (I think) and BTMRR is 40in so has there been any word where this might fall. Right now my DS is big enough for Barnstomer, and he very well could be big enough by Oct for BTMRR, we're not holding our breaths though as it may be to wild for him anyway, he'll be almost 3 at that time.

Can't wait to hear and see some first hand experiences of this ride once it opens!

DizneyFreak2002
03-04-2014, 03:15 PM
For where it's located in the parks I think it seems just right! I can't wait to try it out in October. My only question, since it is a coaster is I wonder what the height requirement on it will be. I know Barnstomer or Great Goofiney (not sure which name it's going by currently) is about 35in (I think) and BTMRR is 40in so has there been any word where this might fall. Right now my DS is big enough for Barnstomer, and he very well could be big enough by Oct for BTMRR, we're not holding our breaths though as it may be to wild for him anyway, he'll be almost 3 at that time.

Can't wait to hear and see some first hand experiences of this ride once it opens!

I believe the height requirement is 38in... Don't quote me on that though... But I thought that is what Disney claimed in a recent Disney Parks Blog chat...

CU Tiger
03-04-2014, 04:48 PM
That was a great Vid.:thumbsup:. Cannot wait to get to ride it myself!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I agree with whoever said it reminds them of Big Thunder and Everest. That's exactly what it reminds me of watching this video.

It looks great, and is pretty much what I was expecting given it's location. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to build. Not sure when we will get back to WDW, so no telling how long until my family gets to ride this. I think it was being built over our last 3-4 trips.

Can't wait to hear reviews once guests start riding.

DonaldDuckUSA
03-05-2014, 10:27 AM
I feel like no one can find anything positive anymore about Disney. Goodness.
This family is super excited!!! I think it looks amazing!!

:) Agreed. I'm so tired of being frustrated when I think about a Disney vacation.

I figured it wasn't going to be a MAJOR thrill ride. Still excited to ride it. I bet there are some kids that will remember their first ride on it for the rest of their lives. Seeing them enjoy it should be a good time.