PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Picking Dining

NayLuvsDisney
02-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
So, I know this is a topic that comes up quite often about where to eat.
For my trip in October ( I know im still 200+ days out ) But I want to be prepared once I get to 180 days to book immediately.

We are doing the Dining Plan for our trip We are there for 7 days and I cannot for the life of us pick ADR's The only 2 my boyfriend and I have so far is Crystal Palace for Breakfast (always a tradition on the first day)
and Restaurant Marrakesh for Dinner one night.
We can't pick because there are so many we want to try!

So, What do you guys suggest? I think we are def going to do BOG for lunch one day..

We are more of a sit down for dinner then lunch because we are usually running around and trying to get the most out of the day. We do have park hoppers so if we spend the morning in one park we can go to another in the evening. I really want to try something at the resorts and/ or DTD...

All suggestions are appreciated!! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Don't forget resort dining....Ohana's is our favorite so far, we also enjoy Kona at the Polynesian. In the World Showcase we like Biergarten and LeCellier and can't wait to try Via Napoli. DHS isn't one of our favorite parks to eat in but mom says Prime Time is decent (I haven't eaten there and its supposed to be a lot of fun). We don't usually eat TS at AK park but you might want to check out AKL next door, I've heard Sanaa is pretty good.

faline
02-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge is excellent. Many of our favorites. like Jiko, require two dining credits on the dining plan. Are you wanting to stay with places that use only one dining credit?

Grand Floridian Cafe at the Magic Kingdom is an often overlooked gem. Kona Cafe at the Polynesian is excellent as well.

etibbetts
02-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Here are my favorite TS:

Magic Kingdom:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
Be Our Guest (lunch CS / Dinner TS)

Epcot:
Teppan Edo - love!
Biergarten (Germany)

Hollywood Studios:
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time

Animal Kingdom:
Tusker House

Outside of the parks, I like Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club.

My one suggestion is to check out the menu's and pick what you like, not just what is popular. On my last trip we tried Boma because everyone raves about it and all 7 of my party didn't care for it. Even if a lot of people love it, that doesn't mean you will.

SueQ
02-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Ohanas is always a good one. We're trying Sci-Fi Diner at Hollywood Studios, Via Napoli at Epcot, Whispering Canyon...

NayLuvsDisney
02-24-2014, 10:38 AM
I want to lean towards places with 1 dining credit so we get the most out of it...

Is Ohana good for Lunch or Dinner? I have only heard about breakfast there.
I think we are going to have to do Via Napoli! I only hear great things about it!
I agree about Hollywood Studios. I have done them all so we may nix any ADR's there.

I also agree about just going somewhere because its popular. and thats kind of why I want to step out of the box :)

Thank You all for your advice!!

SBETigg
02-24-2014, 11:36 AM
My favorite 1 credit TS dining:

Via Napoli (and most of the WS restaurants, depending on mood, San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, Tokyo Dining...)
Grand Floridian Cafe
Sanaa
Kouzzina
Raglan Road
'Ohana (dinner, they don't serve lunch)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-24-2014, 11:58 AM
I want to lean towards places with 1 dining credit so we get the most out of it...

Is Ohana good for Lunch or Dinner? I have only heard about breakfast there.
I think we are going to have to do Via Napoli! I only hear great things about it!
I agree about Hollywood Studios. I have done them all so we may nix any ADR's there.

I also agree about just going somewhere because its popular. and thats kind of why I want to step out of the box :)

Thank You all for your advice!!

Ohanas for dinner, definitely!

Gator
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
We love Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. Really good food and ambience. Tony's has decent food and a great feel as well.

At Epcot, we love Akershus and Teppen Edo. Some tips to avoid Garden Grill - it's loud and the food is just OK.

At AK, the Tusker House has some interesting foods from Africa. Even my kids like the variety.

At DHS, really nothing to note. Nothing stands out over another.

We also like eating 1900 Park Faire at the GF, and the counter service at French Quarter is worth the trip to visit.

BelleBeauty
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM
We really enjoyed Kouzzina when we were there a few years ago. I think it was the best dining experience I've had at WDW.

Biergarten is also great, though we prefer it for lunch and not dinner. Make sure to make an ADR during a time that the band is playing, we were there a bit too early in the day.

LittleRoosMommy
02-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Some of our favorites are 'Ohana (for dinner), Teppan Edo, Liberty Tree Tavern, Cape May Cafe (breakfast), California Grill (unfortunately 2TS), Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey, and we love Crystal Palace too! :)

LandFan
02-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Our favorite 1TS meals…
Sanaa
Biergarten
Kona
BOMA
Coral Reef
Chefs de France (for lunch)
Raglan Road
Grand Floridian Café
Rose & Crown

That's most of them anyway : )
Gotta run...

DonaldDuckUSA
02-28-2014, 08:33 AM
For HS we usually eat at Prime Time.

It seems that there is only going to be two of you, so if you can't get in somewhere, try finding a restaurant where the sever the whole menu at the bar.

We don't usually make ADRs since our trips our last minute and we can never get in anywhere. Prime Time is like this and so is Yak and Yeti in AK. A lot of the resort restaurants will allow it as well.

So if you don't get in somewhere, this might be a good option for you.