PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Easter 2014 & Park Closures

PrincessPixidust
02-23-2014, 09:42 AM
48 Days to go for our 7 day adult family vacation during spring break/Easter from 4/12-4/19 (DD, DM, DS & me). Very aware that this is THE WORST time for crowds but it's what we could all manage with our adult schedules.

With that being said: ADRs have been made, magic bands ordered, schedule set, but after reading some posts I forgot that parks might close because of high attendance. What does this do to park hopping? We had planned our first and last days to be spent at a either AK or DHS in the morning and ending at MK because of EMH. Will we be shut out of MK of we arrive after 12pm??? This would be devastating since we have ADR at BOG (first time).

We're fully prepared to have limited access to rides and plan on just experiencing the park and warm weather; just want to make sure we can GET IN for what we've planned.

Thoughts??

Bruegge
02-23-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure... but if you have an ADR I think they have to let you in... I also read reports of crowds that time of year and a full park is possible. I feel your concerns are well founded.

I would call a CM on the ADR and ask if you could still get in a closed park.. and the way the correct answers of CM's has been lately.... I'd call twice to make sure they both said the same thing...

faline
02-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Disney closes parks in phases. If they are in Phases 1-3, you would be allowed entry with an in-park reservation. Should the park reach full capacity, Phase 4, no-one will be admitted to the park that is full.

buzznwoodysmom
02-23-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure... but if you have an ADR I think they have to let you in...

While I have never had experience with this myself I have always heard that if the park is at the later stage of closure even an ADR will not guarantee entrance.

The good thing is that if you ADR is for late evening chances are the park may be allowing guest to enter by that time. When we were in Disney for Christmas day MK was at capacity mid morning to mid afternoon. By 6ish that evening we checked at the front desk of our resort and were told that MK was no longer at capacity and they were allowing guests entry.

mechanic
02-23-2014, 06:43 PM
We were there last year during the week following easter and didn't think it was too crowded. But then we usually go 4th of july week or Christmas week.

mydisneygirls
02-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I would just go to MK that day. Not sure if BOG is one of those restaurants that charges you if you don't show.