PDA

View Full Version : Points Rental

big blue and hairy
02-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Is there an "official" points rental place here? If not, does anyone have any suggestions? We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, and we want to go deluxe at the place we spent our honeymoon. The Boardwalk Villas is our choice. any help would be greatly appreciated.

:sulley:

VWL Mom
02-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Rentals are not allowed on Intercot but you may want to give our sponsor The Timeshare Store a try. Here is the info from their latest email.

We now have points available for rent at $12 a point. If you are interested in renting we need the following information emailed to [email protected]. Be advised we typically have points available for $12 per point, however, if points are expiring and renting for less than $12 per point you will find those below. You will also find any points we have available for transfer below.*

1) ALL RENTALS ARE DONE VIA EMAIL. PLEASE DO NOT CALL REGARDING RENTING POINTS. SIMPLY SEND YOUR REQUEST TO [email protected]

2) ANY POINTS THAT YOU SEE FOR LESS THAN $12 PER POINT CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED. WE HAVE TAKEN NUMBEROUS CALLS REGARDING THAT SO WE NEED TO POST THAT THOSE POINTS CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED. IF WE HAVE POINTS FOR TRANSFER YOU WILL SEE A DESCRIPTION BELOW WITH THE DETAILS.

3) IF YOU SEE ANY POINTS FOR $8 PER POINT OR LESS THEY CAN ONLY BE USED FOR RESERVATIONS AT SARATOGA SPRINGS.

If you want to use these points for the reservation we need the following information emailed to [email protected]
Date Checking In
Date Checking out
Resort Desired
Size of room
Names for those staying in the room (next to adults put adult and next to children put their ages)
Home address
Phone number
Please indicate if you will need Magical Express or the Disney Dining plan added to this reservation

Mrs Bus Driver
02-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Go through "The Timeshare Store" There is a link on the right side of the page. I am using them to rent out some of my points right now. So far they have been great, they take care of the paperwork and made the process very easy. I also like the added security of having them do it so I don't have to worry about who I'm renting to and weather or not I will get paid. You can call them at 407-239-0216 Have a great anniversary :mickey:

VWL Mom
02-22-2014, 03:13 PM
You can call them at 407-239-0216

They prefer to be contacted via email. Please refer to the instructions for rental posted above.

Mrs Bus Driver
02-23-2014, 07:17 AM
They prefer to be contacted via email. Please refer to the instructions for rental posted above.

Got it, won't do that again.:mickey:

VWL Mom
02-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Got it, won't do that again.:mickey:

No problem :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
03-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Go through "The Timeshare Store" There is a link on the right side of the page. I am using them to rent out some of my points right now. So far they have been great, they take care of the paperwork and made the process very easy. I also like the added security of having them do it so I don't have to worry about who I'm renting to and weather or not I will get paid. You can call them at 407-239-0216 Have a great anniversary :mickey:

Did you use the email link? How far ahead did you book? I emailed them a while back about renting points and they never got back to me. And when I called they weren't very friendly. Guess I will try again. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
03-03-2014, 12:08 PM

Timeshare Store rents your points for you as well? Never knew that... I found a few sites who do that sort of thing, and of course, I can go rent them on my own... But I hate the follow ups and everything else you need to do... I should drop them an email to see what their fee is... I have a load of points for 2014, and not sure if I'll be able to use them this year... Still debating if I want to rent them or bank them for next year...

Mrs Bus Driver
03-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Did you use the email link? How far ahead did you book? I emailed them a while back about renting points and they never got back to me. And when I called they weren't very friendly. Guess I will try again. :mickey:

Sorry to hear about your experience. I did use the email it took about a week for them to answer. I actually got a call from them and an email. The email explained the basics, their fees and such and contained the rental agreement. I had 232 points to rent and they found 2 different renters with in a couple of days which took up most of the points. And a couple of days after that they took care of the rest of the points. Most of my communications with them have been through email, with a couple of phone calls thrown in. I prefer email always seem to check it more then my phone. Anyway we were able to email the paperwork back and forth and everything went smoothly. I am happy with how things turned out.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Timeshare Store rents your points for you as well? Never knew that... I found a few sites who do that sort of thing, and of course, I can go rent them on my own... But I hate the follow ups and everything else you need to do... I should drop them an email to see what their fee is... I have a load of points for 2014, and not sure if I'll be able to use them this year... Still debating if I want to rent them or bank them for next year...

I really liked the fact that they have been sponsors here for longer then I've been reading these boards. I went through them to buy my points so felt I could trust them. They did not disappoint. I know I could have gotten a couple of $ more per point had I done it myself but it felt safer using them as a 3rd party to make sure it was done right. And I am betting the renters feel the same. Now they don't have to worry about someone canceling their reservation and taking the money.