PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving week or other??

Disney_pups2
02-20-2014, 01:48 AM
I am thinking about going during Thanksgiving week for my son's wish trip. Right now we could travel between October and January and if I have a choice for a week that would get us either decorations and or smaller crowds, maybe a night party What do you all suggest? It's been a while since I have been during a holiday and it is very important to me that we try to get the best time so that he can see as much of the park as possible. We will have 2 kids in stroller/wheelchairs so maneuvering during lower crowds is a great idea :thumbsup:. Any and all thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
02-20-2014, 06:49 AM
If want Christmas decorations at MK then anytime after mid Novemebr, I've heard the week before Thanksgiving and the second week of December are the lowest crowds. The week of thanksgiving and Christmas would be crazy busy. Stay away!

Disney_pups2
02-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Thank you Pirate Granny. I appreciate the info. Week before Thanksgiving it is then :-). :thumbsup:

Goofy Texan
02-23-2014, 05:55 PM
If you want full-on Christmas with lower crowds, the second week of December will be better.

I went the week after veterans day last November. The MK was fully decorated, but only a smattering of decorations were in the other parks, and nothing in resorts. The Santa's around the world and Candlelight Processional doesn't start until after Thanksgiving.

I also found all the Christmas Music and decorations were too much too soon before thanksgiving. The snow on Main St during the Christmas Party was great though. Not the flurries I was expecting, but a full blown snow shower.

If you want all that Disney offers for Christmas, at a time when Christmas seems right, then go the 2nd week of December. If you're okay with Christmas startup, then go the week before Thankgiving. :thumbsup:

garymacd
02-24-2014, 09:29 PM
If want Christmas decorations at MK then anytime after mid Novemebr, I've heard the week before Thanksgiving and the second week of December are the lowest crowds. The week of thanksgiving and Christmas would be crazy busy. Stay away!

We found this out last year. We were there during the week prior to Thanksgiving and a few days into that week. All of a sudden on the Sunday or Monday before, the crowds exploded! There were at least three times the number of people in the parks. We went to EMH one night and did three rides in three hours. It was crazy.