PDA

View Full Version : picking someone up at a park

jennyteb
02-19-2014, 08:02 PM
My daughter and her friend are going to the MK on Friday for the day. My parents will be picking them up after the fireworks show. They are staying at a hotel off property Thursday night and will not be going back to the hotel after check out. Where would be a good place for my parents to pick up the girls? I was thinking the transportation center? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Main Street Jim
02-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes, there is actually a "pick-up" spot at the TTC.

Go through the toll plaza and stay to the right-hand side. You'll go straight (don't turn right; that goes to Ft. Wilderness). Go to the stop light and turn left (you'll see the entrance for Wilderness Lodge on the right). You'll go just past the old kennel, over the bridge, and then you should see a "pick-up point" before you get to the Polynesian. If you do get to the Poly, you went too far.

jennyteb
02-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Thanks! Would my Dad just ask the cast member at the entrance to MK for directions to the pick up spot? No fee for this?

mickclub1955
02-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Yes, and there should not be a fee.

MickeysBestPal
02-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Another way to go is to have the girls walk to the Contemporary Resort and pick them up there.

No need to try to ride (the very over-busy after the fireworks) monorail or ferry boat to TTC from MK.

The walk to the Contemporary is less than 8 minutes.
Drivers will approach the MK/TTC toll plaza on the right side, then they will be allowed to access the road to the Contemporary at no charge.

Contact via cell phone between everyone involved will make things much easier.