PDA

View Full Version : Episode 60 - The Trash Can Said Talk To My Agent

John
02-18-2014, 05:10 PM
INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast - Episode 60
The Trashcan Said - Talk To My Agent
The Cast: Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Shane Gamble & John Yaglenski

- Media Preview Event, Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster

- Our first podcast fire

- 4 Parks / 1 Day - Christine’s Adventure

- Shane Gamble’s experience with Magic Bands, bad shoes, and the electric slide.

- PUSH contract not renewed - lots of bad jokes ensue.

- Fire at Voyage of the Little Mermaid

- #runICOT updates, thanks for the charity suggestions.* John is leaning towards running Marathon Weekend in support of Thyroid Cancer Awareness but we are still looking for a site charity.

- Shane Gamble Live in the INTERCOT Studio!* Performs “Turn My Way” - available on Itunes, Amazon, XBox music and all major online stores.

- Shane is doing a pledge drive on Pledge Music right now.* For only $10, you can preorder his upcoming album including the song “Beautiful Work”.* Visit http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/shanegamble and http://www.shanegamble.com for more info!

- Just about had it with Winter!

- Flower and Garden Festival “Outdoor Kitchens”

- Flower Power Concert Series - Our annual singing and we fail miserably.* And for the record, it wasn’t Giorgio Moroder, it was Jacques Morali, a French composer.* John is psyched - The Alan Parsons Project is coming!

- Shane Gamble comes back and plays “Beautiful Work” - an amazing new track from his upcoming CD. We ALL get the sentiment! Mel made her pledge while Shane was singing.

- Jammin’ Jungle parade going bye bye

- New MK Parade - Festival of Fantasy (the floats and costumes look fantastic)

- Bounds, James Bounds

- Take it or leave it - Queue Waits 30 minutes or longer.* Ian says No, No! Christine says Take It!* Mel says NO! Christine says, no big deal - Take It!* John says Take It!

- Paris gets Ratatouille Inspired Area/Ride. Sounds interesting. Will similar attractions come to other parks?

- We talk about potential rides and attractions for Epcot and what might fit in.

- Welcome Home John!

- John Henson’s passing

- isabevigodadead.com

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love & ROCK OUT! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-60.asp)

>> In Studio Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFvTVUnpUw)

Yungbuck73
02-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Great song and great video. love the Black and White. Awesome

Ian
02-19-2014, 11:18 AM
It was such a privilege to be able to hear Shane perform live like that. I truly enjoyed it. He's amazingly talented and I'd really encourage folks to check him out if you haven't already. And definitely support him, because he supports us and is a friend of the show.

Fun ep to record ... we rambled a lot on this one, so if you enjoy when we roam stray this one is probably for you. ;)

PirateLover
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Popping in to say I'm cracking up at the music portion... a lot of those "bottom of the barrel" groups tour together doing oldies shows. I wonder if they give each other the hook up. Last year I saw Herman's Hermits, The Grass Roots, The Turtles, and The Buckinghams on tour together. I took my parents and mother-in-law, and it was a really fun show!

You'll probably bop yourself on the head for The Lovin' Spoonful. You got "Summer in the City" which was a big one, but they also had "Do You Believe in Magic," "You Didn't Have to be so Nice," "Daydream" (What a day for a daydream...), and "Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind."

Grass Roots- "Live For Today" (Sha-la-la-la-la-la Live for today...) and "Midnight Confession" are probably their two biggest.

Herman's Hermits- I think John sang "Something Good" and Christine sang "Henry the VIII" they also had "There's a Kind of Hush" and "Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter."

I don't know as much about Gary Lewis and the Playboys or Paul Revere and the Raiders. Fun stuff! I always joke that the perfect job for me would be a music historian... I know way too much music trivia :blush:

Dopey's Girl
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Another great one. You all just crack me up.

Shane was amazing...I have to go do my pledge. I won one of his CD's in a podcast contest on FB, and it's one of my very favorites. It's played in heavy rotation!

Take it or leave it...Most things over 30 mins is leave it. I'm there enough, I don't wait in lines. I would wait for Toy Story, ToT, maybe Space, but not for anything else. I'll be back.

I have a feeling it's my fault you can't ride the double decker bus any more. We went to the top and I whacked my head. Had a concussion and scared the driver half to death!

I agree, while Epcot is my favorite park, it does need some sprucing up, as well as some additions. There are some very empty parts of that park.

Dopey's Girl
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Fun ep to record ... we rambled a lot on this one, so if you enjoy when we roam stray this one is probably for you. ;)

Those are always my favorite ones. Love how your minds work when you all get to talking!

Melanie
02-19-2014, 03:33 PM
You'll probably bop yourself on the head for The Lovin' Spoonful. You got "Summer in the City" which was a big one, but they also had "Do You Believe in Magic,"

No, no. That was Shaun Cassidy. :D

Last night, us podcast folk were again discussing (over messaging) the Alan Parson's Project. I had no idea they did Sirius. I hear that song at 90% of the sporting events I go to.

Overall, the Flower Power Concerts just aren't my favorite. Not one of these acts would I go out of my way to go see. My favorite overall is Eat to the Beat.

Melanie
02-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Those are always my favorite ones. Love how your minds work when you all get to talking!

By the end, I was tired (and grumpy). LOL!

I agree, while Epcot is my favorite park, it does need some sprucing up, as well as some additions. There are some very empty parts of that park.

I do agree with this, but don't necessarily think every country needs an attraction. And like I said on the podcast, I don't agree that Fantasyland type attractions belong in the World Showcase. I enjoy the characters there, yes, but as an added/side benefit. I don't think they should be such a huge presence in a pavilion.

PirateLover
02-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Oh I agree these aren't the most exciting groups! I do like The Lovin' Spoonful though. I don't know much about Alan Parsons, but yeah, as soon as I heard that song at the end I knew it. It really is played at every sporting event! Especially basketball as John mentioned. And hockey. They play it a lot when announcing starting line ups.

PirateLover
02-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Oh and for take it or leave it... At 30 mins I still say Take it, but always double check with the CM out front! They will usually tell you when it's really a walk on. (As was the case with us for Little Mermaid...)

Melanie
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh and for take it or leave it... At 30 mins I still say Take it, but always double check with the CM out front! They will usually tell you when it's really a walk on. (As was the case with us for Little Mermaid...)

I'm kind of mad about that, if you are talking about January. We skipped a lot of rides (Little Mermaid being one of them) that trip because the listed times were outrageous, only to come home and find that all those times were way off for those few weeks. I'll learn to ask the CM as well.

John
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Re: Alan Parsons - my favorite song...

Games People Play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftF5pZiXuE

Huge hit in 1980 - peaked at #16 on the hot 100

And this was the song I was trying to sing which played on rock radio... I wouldn't want to be like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnKfWh0QzE

Melanie
02-19-2014, 04:21 PM
John, you must find a way down that weekend they are there.

Quadstriker
02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
The national sport of canada is Lacrosse guys.

Melanie
02-19-2014, 07:30 PM
The national sport of canada is Lacrosse guys.

GASP! You're right, Jeff. I feel like an idiot.

Lacrosse. Curling. Whatever. It's not hockey, like you'd think it would be! :D

Quadstriker
02-19-2014, 08:09 PM
And your son was wrong.

USA plays Canada in the semi finals, they cannot meet in the gold-medal match.

COME ON BOUNDS FAMILY!

;););)

Hope that ride works for D-Paris. It sounds like a good idea. That park needs some help. One ride won't change the atmosphere there though.

Melanie
02-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah, he told me that early on. I trust him because he's usually spot on with that stuff. We're sure off this week. LOL He wants me to get him out of school early on Friday for said game. Not happening!

So Jeff, you weren't impressed with DL Paris? I'm so anxious to get there.

PirateLover
02-19-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm kind of mad about that, if you are talking about January. We skipped a lot of rides (Little Mermaid being one of them) that trip because the listed times were outrageous, only to come home and find that all those times were way off for those few weeks. I'll learn to ask the CM as well.

Yup. We wasted about a day and a half trusting the times. Then we were forced to enter a 45 min wait for PotC which ended up only being 15. Haunted Mansion posted at 30, was closer to 15 as well. We started paying closer attention and the times were consistently misreported both in the app and at the rides. Some you can tell just by looking, but with Mermaid you can't because of the long, winding queue. The CM actually told us as we passed by in the morning that it was a walk on the second time we rode this past trip. The first time we were prepared to wait 30 mins and again it was a walk on. Very frustrating.

Quadstriker
02-19-2014, 09:45 PM
So Jeff, you weren't impressed with DL Paris? I'm so anxious to get there.

It would be too lengthy a discussion to get into via text so I'll have to give you the skinny next time we talk for reals, but I've been to 3 of the parks and lets just say it's firmly entrenched at number 3 in the power rankings. If you do go there, I'd be surprised to hear that it's anything but number 5 on yours.

mickeyman42
02-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Without even listening to the podcast yet I say leave it! when we first went to WDW we went in April, then the end of April/May and waited for up to 60 mins (i believe that was OUR max we were willing to wait, some rides were longer) and never really knew the difference. then we started going in Aug/Sept and have gotten used to waits around 20-30 mins (with lots of walk-on's) if planned correctly. now when we go and see waits of 40 mins or more, there is not much chance I'm going to wait. we would most likely try and plan the ride around another time and go do something else. fall trips have spoiled us. with that said we go back mid march this year so it could be interesting!

mickeyman42
02-20-2014, 05:56 AM
and to clarify/add, I guess this comes up somewhere in the podcast, lacrosse is Canada's official SUMMER sport, while hockey is Canada's official WINTER sport. and I don't know anyone who plays or has played lacrosse, at least not in my part of the country!

Melanie
02-20-2014, 06:28 AM
and to clarify/add, I guess this comes up somewhere in the podcast, lacrosse is Canada's official SUMMER sport, while hockey is Canada's official WINTER sport. and I don't know anyone who plays or has played lacrosse, at least not in my part of the country!

Oh yes it does come up, where I erroneously state that Canada's official sport is curling. Not sure where I got this in my head....I guess it's Olympic overload. LOL Anyway, the reason I knew it was not hockey is because one time while I was waiting for O Canada to start, and this was one of the trivia questions they threw out. Everyone shouted out hockey, but the CM surprised us and said it was curling...uh, lacrosse. ;)

Does the US even have an 'official' sport?

Dopey's Girl
02-20-2014, 10:52 AM
By the end, I was tired (and grumpy). LOL!

I do agree with this, but don't necessarily think every country needs an attraction. And like I said on the podcast, I don't agree that Fantasyland type attractions belong in the World Showcase. I enjoy the characters there, yes, but as an added/side benefit. I don't think they should be such a huge presence in a pavilion.

I agree Mel. More than anything, if they even just redid some of the movies, and added in one, maybe 2 well done attractions in FW, it would be a huge lift to that park. I don't need rides in WS as long as I can have a nice meal and a :beer:, I'm good there!

PopPhan
02-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Re: Alan Parsons - my favorite song...

Games People Play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftF5pZiXuE

Huge hit in 1980 - peaked at #16 on the hot 100

And this was the song I was trying to sing which played on rock radio... I wouldn't want to be like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnKfWh0QzE

My first APP song was "The System of Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether"....That one tune got me started on a great appreciation of Alan Parsons, for both his music and his production values. It was a sad day when Eric Woolfson passed away. He and Alan were a great team.

Just wish I had the opportunity to visit WDW to see the Live Project play during F&G! I think I would have to sit through all 3 shows each day!! LOL

The other group that will be down there that I would really like to see someday would be The Orchestra. I was also a big fan of ELO and, not quite as much, ELO II.

Septbride2002
02-21-2014, 04:12 PM
I'll be honest...I LOVED the new song by Shane. So Awesome. That could be my theme song for life.

Dare I suggest we need t-shirts that say, "Love is Beautiful Work" :)

:heart:

BrerGnat
02-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Just finished listening. I read somewhere that the Ratatouille ride will have the trackless ride vehicle system they have at Tokyo. That would make it cool if that is true. Although that was my least favorite Pixar movie, I think the ride sounds pretty fun.

I admit that Shane's music is not my style but I loved that new song as well. VERY good!

And leave it! No matter what...30 min wait is my personal limit. But, if my kids are with me, and they really want to wait, we will. We used to routinely wait 45 min for Toy Story Midway Mania at DCA. I would probably limit waits to 60 min with the kids.

PirateLover
02-24-2014, 10:14 PM
FYI Today was Abe Vigoda's 93rd birthday! :party::party2:

JMTStone
02-25-2014, 03:12 PM
I like it when you guys ramble. The whole "what would you put in each country in EPCOT" was a great discussion. Looking to INTERCOT consulting services to create new rides.

And take it. I'm like Christine.... not that I would openly chat with strangers (Jon does) but I enjoy the queues in some rides. And I'm not there so much that I will say "it will be there next time".

I've learned my lesson on that. I do love the AK Jammin Jungle parade and got to see it in January because we didn't bring the kids to #runICOT. Not that I like looking at tourists (that *is* odd and they could easily put characters in those seats). But the music and the floats/drummers are great.

BrerGnat
02-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh, wanted to chime in about Christine's question about whether DL locals get upset with change. NO! Not at all. While I was a local for 10 years, I was always excited for new stuff. Most locals go VERY often and love it when there is a new parade, fireworks show, ride, etc. I mean, DCA overhaul is a great example of how things suffer at DL if they become "stale". There was really no sadness about almost that entire park changing! And, the MSEP had been gone from CA for a long time, then it was brought back for a couple years (at DCA, to drum up interest in that park) and then it went away again. No one really cared. It was cool to see again, but I always associated that parade with WDW, as I saw it there in my childhood. It was very strange to see it at DCA too. They even renamed it. Disney's Electrical Parade. That was dumb. DL does have an evening parade, it's the same as the afternoon parade but it is quite different at night all lit up.

Scott C
02-26-2014, 05:35 PM
All that I can say is that is a good thing that you guys were not touring back in the seventies. IIRC two hours were about the norm for all of the D's and E's. Close to four hours for 20K. EPCOT Center opening was the end of that as it spread out the crowds a bit.

Talking to strangers in the queues is one of my favorite pastimes. Really meet some interesting people. Last September we were waiting for the launch back to the Poly and I started chatting with a family. Turns out that he also owned a hobby shop. Quite an improbable feat as there are only about 1500 of us left.

Thanks
Scott C

GMRO
02-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Another LONG but very enjoyable podcast!!!

Was wondering who was gonna REEL you folks in at times with Carol not there!!! hehehe BUT great info again and great humor and singing!

30 min que times...it depends on the attraction as many have said. Small World - A...NOOOO!

Shane has some great songs. Not my style but wish him the best! Very KEWL that you folks are helping where you can too.

runDisney...love it. Can only hope one day DW and I will make an event, that is past the 5K Castaway Cay run - though prolly not recognized as a real event. I've no issues running a 5K, 10K or 1/2 but our timing for our vacation put us OUT of contention when they hold these events. At least currently...in the future - who knows. We have thought of trying the TOT 10 miler...or waiting a year and visiting the WORLD around an icot event while trying to bundle a trip. ;) For now our love for the DCL and WDW in the off peak season is just too tempting for us. Plus until the dust of the FP+ settles...we are not sure our plans won't change to spend more time on the water and less in the parks. FP+ very much concerns us! This is why I also suggested on this site in the NEW FORUM suggestion to have a dedicated FP+ section. Not for "cranking" all the time but for tips and user successes from folks who've had positive experiences using it. Jus' sayn...

We have our trip in 70 days and we hope to use what we've learnt in the past 2 podcasts to better enjoy ourselves - FP+ included. WE HOPE...

The conversations on theories and expansions is always fun to hear from you folks. CW - you hit the nail on the head with your quote, "I don't go on vacation to learn..." That's how DW and I felt years ago. NOW EPCOT runs a very very close 2nd to our MK love. DHS is a bit behind in 3rd and AK brings up the least favorite...well I hope Avatar eventually changes that for us. For now it’s just not a park we spend much time in at all IF we visit it. This May would be 3 times to NOT visit in a row IF we find something better to do this May's vacation. This May could be a spend a day and rent a HD and trip up the coast to Daytona instead... potato - patato - varooooommmmm! :thumbsup:

Again thanks for all the great info and entertainment! Much appreciated for sure. Keep up the great work.

Buttercup
03-01-2014, 05:05 AM
I'm currently on the road to WDW as we speak and enjoying the podcast on the lonnnnnnnng drive down from Canada!

A couple thoughts:
- I don't know what that crazy Martin Short told you in the canada movie but curling is NOT our national sport. It's lacrosse! Always has been, always will be. Someone wrote a strongly worded letter to Bob Iger okay?!

- There actually WAS going to be a Rhine River ride in the Germany pavilion. I forget where I read that. I think it was on Jason Grandt's blog? Anyway there was concept art and everything and if you look at the pavilion now the entrance to the ride would have been just to the right of the Biergarten.

- Definitely get Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellen to voice spaceship earth! Come on! Professor X and Magneto!!! Awesome!

- Thanks for choosing my Take It Or Leave It topic! I'm kind of with John: 30 minutes really is the borderline of whether or not I'll wait in a line for a ride. That's why I picked that amount of time for the topic this week! It's sort-of the crest right before we say "Meh we will come back later if the line is shorter"! So I guess it's a Take It for me.

- Shane was great on the podcast. By the way you mentioned that the Village People are coming to the Flower Power concerts and I wanted to tell you about an Intercot connection to that band! My sister Jenn (jennsky aka the other Canadian) is married to the nephew of the biker in the Village People. So in other words, her husband Roy (who recorded the Take It Or Leave It music for us) is related to the biker! Intercot rocks!

Great podcast as always. We are just cruising down the I 75 right now in southern Kentucky. It's about 5am and I just finished an 8 hour driving shift so I should catch some shut eye now. But I'll talk to y'all later when I'm OOT AND ABOOT, EH?!

Buttercup
03-01-2014, 05:15 AM
P.S.- SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK WITH THAT OLYMPIC HOCKEY GUYS!!! Mua ha ah ha ha

CANADA RULES! CANADA RULES! CANADA RULES!

Lol

Melanie
03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
- I don't know what that crazy Martin Short told you in the canada movie but curling is NOT our national sport. It's lacrosse! Always has been, always will be. Someone wrote a strongly worded letter to Bob Iger okay?!

No, no, no, that was MY mess up. I talked about it earlier in this thread. But still...lacrosse? lol! And again, do we in the US even have a national sport?

And hockey, ugh. We kind of laid down and died (at least offensively) after beating Russia. Go Canada. ;)

And weren't you just in Florida?!?!?!

John
03-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Let me google that for you Mel... By law, no we do not. Canada has both lacrosse and hockey by law.

Our de facto national sport is baseball.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_sport

Melanie
03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Ah, the googles. Yeah, I mean, we all know baseball is labeled 'our national pasttime', but wasn't sure whether there was an official stamp on it.

Quadstriker
03-01-2014, 02:34 PM
And again, do we in the US even have a national sport?

This is what being a Braves fan does to you.

Melanie
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
This is what being a Braves fan does to you.

Be nice, Jeffrey.

If we went by viewership and revenue alone, wouldn't the NFL be the 'national' sport?

Quadstriker
03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Be nice, Jeffrey.

If we went by viewership and revenue alone, wouldn't the NFL be the 'national' sport?

I think our national sport in that case would be Walmart.

disneykidsince1970
03-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Oh, wanted to chime in about Christine's question about whether DL locals get upset with change. NO! Not at all. While I was a local for 10 years, I was always excited for new stuff. Most locals go VERY often and love it when there is a new parade, fireworks show, ride, etc. I mean, DCA overhaul is a great example of how things suffer at DL if they become "stale". There was really no sadness about almost that entire park changing! And, the MSEP had been gone from CA for a long time, then it was brought back for a couple years (at DCA, to drum up interest in that park) and then it went away again. No one really cared. It was cool to see again, but I always associated that parade with WDW, as I saw it there in my childhood. It was very strange to see it at DCA too. They even renamed it. Disney's Electrical Parade. That was dumb. DL does have an evening parade, it's the same as the afternoon parade but it is quite different at night all lit up.

I am in the middle of reading Marty Sklar's book and he regularly refers to the fact that Walt (and team) wanted to ensure that NEW attractions and NEW experiences would be routinely mixed in to Disneyland. I am a nostalgic person so I sometimes struggle with the changes... but, I usually come around. :)

Lacy
03-07-2014, 09:51 PM
I really enjoyed this podcast - Shane Gamble was great and lots of good conversation!

I'm bummed about the Jammin' Jungle Parade - one of my favorite parades ever (after Main Street Electrical so yes I like the nighttime parades and Tapestry). I am with y'all on it being weird that they still have all of the families on the floats. I believe it started during one of the promotions when they would give away random things or have guests of honor each day and apparently a prize was to be in the jammin' jungle parade, wear earplugs and wave. Not sure why they didn't change that part when they got ride of those promotions.... But the character floats, puppets and music was outstanding! Too bad they are not replacing it with anything yet.

I also enjoyed the segment about the much needed attractions at Epcot and specifically in World Showcase. I've never understood why the only two countries with a ride are right next to each other.

And one of the most disappointing things to me about Epcot is the closing without replacing - I think Wonders of Life closed when crowds were down in early 2000s and now that crowds are definitely back they've done nothing to fill this void. I miss Cranium Command and really don't think Epcot has much to offer in the way of attractions. The atmosphere of the park is still great especially during the festivals but it could be so much more!

Christine
03-15-2014, 02:47 PM
I am in the middle of reading Marty Sklar's book and he regularly refers to the fact that Walt (and team) wanted to ensure that NEW attractions and NEW experiences would be routinely mixed in to Disneyland. I am a nostalgic person so I sometimes struggle with the changes... but, I usually come around. :)

I like this!! :thumbsup::mickey:

2Epcot
03-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Behind in the podcasts as usual, but enjoyed listening to this one. Always like Epcot discussions. Like others, Epcot became my favorite park after my first visit in 1985.

As far as the discussion about Disneyland. Most Disneyland regulars I know, absolutely want the Main Street Electrical parade back at Disneyland where it belongs.

While Disneyland regulars look forward to change, and new things, there is a strong love for things that have become traditions, which the MSEP falls into. Most I know would love to have a night parade back.

Another example is the rumors for major Tomorrowland changes ... It seems most are split on the idea of possibly loosing Autopia, to make more room in Tomorrowland. There has been nothing official I know that that would even happen. Overall, most embrace change with a few exceptions.

For bringing back night parades, reports are that Disneyland officials are concerned that the crowds are too hard to handle between fireworks, Fantasmic, and the night parades. Many annual passholders feel Disney brought this problem on themselves by promoting annual passes so heavily, and allowing people to purchase them now using a payment plan. They still want night parades and feel Disneyland should figure out the crowd issues.

Disneyland certainly knows how to do a good fireworks show. The flying system used for Tinkerbell was designed to make her fly the way it appeared in the Wonderful World of Disney over the castle with the fireworks shooting up behind her. Instead of the old zip line fly-by. Even though they have been doing this for many years, I never get tired of watching the speed, and maneuverability of that flying system.

The Remember Dreams Come True show that was discussed was created for the 50th Anniversary. The show goes through the different attractions in the park, it was considered by many, one of the best fireworks shows Disney has done. It now runs certain times of the year, and has been scaled back a bit from the original version of the show. The show was so good that Disney kind of set the bar too high, and some feel other shows are a little lackluster in comparison.

Remember, is my favorite, and I think the next best show is the one for Halloween, but now only runs as part of the ticketed Halloween event.

The changes to CA Adventure with Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, and the other attractions they added was so successful I'm sure Disney believes it was the best billion dollars they ever spent. CA Adventure is now equally as popular as Disneyland, something that they couldn't get to happen for the first 10+ years that it was open. I think it helped Disney see that people know when a park is built on the cheap.

The more tourist feel in Orlando, makes it harder to get the negative feedback that the LA area gives to Disney when the don't like something. Hopefully the success of CA Adventure will carry over to not only other improvements in Disneyland, but WDW as well.