PDA

View Full Version : Best uses of Fastpass?

mom2morgan
02-18-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm just wondering what 3 options at each park you think would be the abslutely best use of FP+ for adults/teens? Obviously at Epoct I'm going to have to do Soarin', and at MK I don't have to worry about anything in Fantasyland. What would your three choices for each park be?

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 04:49 PM
For me:

Animal Kingdom
1. Everest
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris
3. Dinosaur or Kali

Epcot:
1. Test Track
2. Soarin
3. Maelstrom

Though, you cannot get those three together... Other than those three though, nothing else in Epcot is worth a FP...

DHS
1. ToT
2. Rock n Roller Coaster
3. TSMM

I only choose TSMM cause the stand by line is insanely crazy... If TSMM isn't a must ride, then nothing else in DHS is worth a FP... Unless, maybe, Star Tours... And again, with the tiering in DHS, some of those FPs are wasted on rides which don't need FP...

Magic Kingdom
1. Splash Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Space Mountain

Though a case can be made for Peter Pan cause of the lines... otherwise, again, nothing else really needs a FP... Pirates and HM don't need one, neither does Pooh or Small World... Adding FP to those attractions are unnecessary...

rjmdds
02-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Depending on when you are visiting, if the new mine roller coaster is operating that may be a must in the MK.

Bruegge
02-18-2014, 06:11 PM
For me:

Animal Kingdom
1. Everest
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris
3. Dinosaur or Kali

Epcot:
1. Test Track
2. Soarin
3. Maelstrom

Though, you cannot get those three together... Other than those three though, nothing else in Epcot is worth a FP...

DHS
1. ToT
2. Rock n Roller Coaster
3. TSMM

I only choose TSMM cause the stand by line is insanely crazy... If TSMM isn't a must ride, then nothing else in DHS is worth a FP... Unless, maybe, Star Tours... And again, with the tiering in DHS, some of those FPs are wasted on rides which don't need FP...

Magic Kingdom
1. Splash Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Space Mountain

Though a case can be made for Peter Pan cause of the lines... otherwise, again, nothing else really needs a FP... Pirates and HM don't need one, neither does Pooh or Small World... Adding FP to those attractions are unnecessary...

exactly what I have listed to get in June. Glad to know we think alike.

the Word around here has it .. avoid show fp+ and stick to the long line rides.... which is pretty basic but we all need a guidance wit the new system

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 06:33 PM
exactly what I have listed to get in June. Glad to know we think alike.

the Word around here has it .. avoid show fp+ and stick to the long line rides.... which is pretty basic but we all need a guidance wit the new system
I can tell you FP is a waste for shows... I don't know what made me FP Finding Nemo: The Musical when I made my selections in October... But, when we went to the show, we had to wait to enter... They made us wait until 10 minutes before show time... My friends, who did not have FP and had to enter through standby, entered before my brother and I... Waste of a FP...

And Fantasmic... FP has caused mass chaos in the queue... It is a disaster...

joonyer
02-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Originally FPs were for the purpose of not having to stand in the long lines at the premier "E-Ticket" attractions (Space Mtn., Soarin', Splash, TSMM, ToT, etc.). You know, the ones with the really long lines. That way guests could visit another attraction, go to the restroom, or even better for Disney, spend some money on food or souvenirs while they would have been waiting in that long line. There was absolutely no reason to need a FP for the attractions that didn't have a long wait.

Now Disney forces us to reserve FP times for "C Ticket" attractions and even shows. You know, those things where it doesn't start until everybody gets inside and seated. Why in the heck do you need a FP for that? If you miss the 1:00 show just come back for the 2:00 one. Do they really think we are that gullible not to see what they are doing? I guess they must. In order to get 3 (or more) FP+s for the real "E-Ticket" Rides, instead of 1 "E-Ticket" and 2 completely useless FP+s, we are going to have to start paying for them.

yankeesfan123
02-19-2014, 07:15 AM
I think another thing you have to think about when making your choices is the time of day that you're going to the park. Also, if you like to repeat rides.

If you get to AK at rope drop, I don't see a point in getting a FP for the Safari or Everest. Depending on your touring strategy, you can do both in the standby line before waits get long.

If you're at HS at rope drop, I'd probably get a FP for TSM, Star Tours and TT. At rope drop, us head straight to RNRR and then ride TT standby. I'd save my FP for TT for later in the day.

For MK, you can probably bang out Adventureland and Fronteirland attractions before the parks get crowded without ever using a FP.

Just my thoughts!