PDA

View Full Version : What if you miss or don't use a FP+?

JuleeM13
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Say you booked FP+ in advance for a particular park in the morning and plans changed and you ended up going somewhere else and forgot to cancel or change your FP reservations. Will you still be able to use your allowed 3 at another park if the time has passed for the original reservations but you didn't use them? Or is it a use it or lose it type of thing?

1DisneyNut
02-18-2014, 02:50 PM
It has been a use it or lose it. They have however, recently started testing a new feature that allows you to get more fastpasses from whatever is available that day once your first three are used/expired.

buzznwoodysmom
02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
In November we were going to miss our Soarin FP+ so I changed the time for Soarin on my phone on the bus. I was able to change ours just before our FP+ time expired, but I couldn't change my nephew's time because he wasn't staying in my room and I didn't have access to my BIL's MDE. I was able to change my nephew's FP+ time for Soarin at one of the kiosks once we entered the park. It was past his FP+ time, but it showed that he hadn't used it and allowed me to select a different time. I suppose I could have also selected a different attraction. Not sure if this has changed?

Bruegge
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
If you book 3 FP+'s at MK

Change your mind and go to Epcot

Cancel all 3 before you leave for the park.

Can you then change to epcot and see what FP+'s are available there?

Or am I stuck in Magic Kingdom?

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 03:29 PM
It has been a use it or lose it. They have however, recently started testing a new feature that allows you to get more fastpasses from whatever is available that day once your first three are used/expired.
100% positive about that or are you just posting this cause another site posted they heard about it? No one has reported this to actually be the case, especially those who are down there now... Not one person has said this is true, nor have anyone posted this to be a fact...

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 03:30 PM
If you book 3 FP+'s at MK

Change your mind and go to Epcot

Cancel all 3 before you leave for the park.

Can you then change to epcot and see what FP+'s are available there?

Or am I stuck in Magic Kingdom?

You can change to Epcot as long as you didn't use one of the FPs at MK already...

mickclub1955
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM
I went past one of my times and since I didn't use it, I was allowed to change mine. If you don't use it, you can reschedule.

1DisneyNut
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
100% positive about that or are you just posting this cause another site posted they heard about it? No one has reported this to actually be the case, especially those who are down there now... Not one person has said this is true, nor have anyone posted this to be a fact...

Not positive.....read it and thought it to be true. Looks like its just a rumor.

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Not positive.....read it and thought it to be true. Looks like its just a rumor.

The website which published/posted that (Thanks Andrew Jackson for the link BTW), is notorious for posting nonsense emailed to him without so much as vetting the information.. To some, it isn't about the accuracy of the information but all about the clicks/site visits... Much like main street media today... Rush to be the first with the story no matter how inaccurate it is.. In the other thread Andrew Jackson started on here, I posted I tried to do some digging to verify this, and not one credible person has any information or knows anything about it...

With that said, maybe it is possible they do plan on testing this but haven't started it yet, and words got crossed when said website posted the information...

Sorry to go off topic, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.. :)

Dulcee
02-18-2014, 04:14 PM
When we used this January we missed several fast passes. Because they were unused we were able to change them, after their appointed time, to another attraction.

I did not try changing to another park after using one in one park.

I was able however the day of to dump all of my AK fast passes and get Epcot ones in place of them.