PDA

View Full Version : Festival of Fantasy - Preview

cer
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
I am not big on parades (not one to stake out a place long before hand or anything) but I just was looking at some pictures previewing the costumes and a glimpse of a couple of the floats for the new Festival of Fantasy parade and must say, they are a-mazing! :thumbsup:

Anyone else see the pictures?

Patricia
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
I did see them!

I think they did an amazing job on them. They remind me of the Tapestry of Dreams parade. Which was one of my favourite parades.

Melanie
02-13-2014, 05:11 PM
I did see them!

I think they did an amazing job on them. They remind me of the Tapestry of Dreams parade. Which was one of my favourite parades.

I think one of the main guys associated with this parade also was a main dude on ToD. Got that? lol

Melanie
02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Actually, it looks very Chris March to me, if anyone knows who he is.

Patricia
02-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Got it. Michael Curry! He designed the puppets in ToD, that lovely flying Dumbo we see flying at Disneyland as well as the FInding Nemo show, Toy Story, Fantasmic, World of Color, etc...

For this parade he did indeed work on the dragon -Steam Punk- float. Which is really a spectacle to see.

Mirena Rada, who also did costumes for Soundsational Parade and Fantasmic did the costuming design for this parade.

These designers are both, as you can imagine, Tony Award winners.

Melanie
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Got it. Michael Curry! He designed the puppets in ToD, that lovely flying Dumbo we see flying at Disneyland as well as the FInding Nemo show, Toy Story, Fantasmic, World of Color, etc...

For this parade he did indeed work on the dragon -Steam Punk- float. Which is really a spectacle to see.

Mirena Rada, who also did costumes for Soundsational Parade and Fantasmic did the costuming design for this parade.

These designers are both, as you can imagine, Tony Award winners.

Awesome. Yes!