PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Workers Among 22 Nabbed in Child-Sex Sting

mickclub1955
02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Saw this and cringed

By Jeff Black
A sting operation by Florida police has led to the arrest of 22 men who sought children online for sex, officials said Wednesday.

Dubbed operation “Be Mine,” detectives occupied a vacant house in the Orlando area and posed as children or the parents of children in online chat rooms.

When suspects solicited the officers, arrangements were made to meet at the home for sex acts, police said.

As the suspects arrived at the Clermont home, they were taken into custody, a news release from the Lake County, Fla., sheriff’s office said.

Three of the men arrested — Patrick Holgerson, 32, Joel Torres, 32, and Robert Kingsolver, 49, — were identified as Walt Disney World employees by police.

Marilyn Waters, a Disney spokeswoman, told NBC News Wednesday night that all of the men have been placed on unpaid leave pending the outcome of the charges.

Torres allegedly brought condoms with him to the home where he thought he would have sex with a 14-year-old, police said.

Alexander Vorobets, a 27-year-old employee of Rachel Strip Club in Orlando, brought a Happy Meal and condoms to meet a child of 13, according to the sheriff’s office.

Another suspect, Belal Shofique, 33, was identified by police as an Orange County paramedic.

Other suspects brought candy, necklaces and marijuana, police said.

Also arrested was 47-year-old David Griffith of Minneola, Fla., who told investigators he had recently made plans to have sex with a 7-year-old in another county, police said.

Officers tracked down emails between Griffith and the child's mother. After an investigation, the child was found. It was later learned the mother of the 7-year-old had sexually abused her, according to police. That case was still being investigated.

“It is somewhat discouraging, but I will tell you as long as those bad guys are out there trying to target our children here in this county we will continue to do these operations,” Lake County Sheriff Gary Borders told NBC station WESH in Orlando.

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Now let's couple that with MM+ where these employees can now know children's names in the parks.

Creepy and disturbing and disgusting and so many other adjectives I can put here. These creeps need to stay in jail for the rest of their lives.

DizneyRox
02-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Now let's couple that with MM+ where these employees can now know children's names in the parks.
Actually, Disney's out will be, it's up to the parents to put their name in the system.

Shame on those parents... </sarcasm>

If convicted, don't worry, they wont make it too long in jail.

Janmac
02-14-2014, 07:34 AM
I worry less about the Disney workers; it's the paramedic that caught my eye.

Jan

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Horrid

DizneyFreak2002
02-14-2014, 03:54 PM
I worry less about the Disney workers; it's the paramedic that caught my eye.

Jan

Really? You worry less about Disney CMs being pervs? You are more concerned about the paramedic? Interesting... So the person who has access to 1,000s of kids on a daily basis (and now, thanks to MDE, the itinerary of the family with that child) isn't the worry... it's the paramedic who may or may not once in his or her career have to take a child to the emergency room which concerns you the most... Interesting indeed...

I'd be more concerned with WDW employees... Since they now have access to your entire itinerary for your vacation...

Regardless, no matter the profession, they are sick individuals who deserve life behind bars... I'd say what they really deserve, but this is a family friendly site.. :)

Janmac
02-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Yup. I don't know where those 3 Disney employees worked. I don't have any idea that they are anywhere near kids. In many many trips to WDW I and several other adults have always been by the few kids we have had with us.

Once that paramedic takes me or a child from my address to the emergency room, he then knows where we live. Always. He has been inside our home.

I could be as condescending as you were in your post but I chose not to be.

Jan

SurferStitch
02-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Yup. I don't know where those 3 Disney employees worked. I don't have any idea that they are anywhere near kids. In many many trips to WDW I and several other adults have always been by the few kids we have had with us.

Once that paramedic takes me or a child from my address to the emergency room, he then knows where we live. Always. He has been inside our home.

Jan

I actually thought the same exact way you did. You can be with your child at all times in WDW (if you choose), and there's nothing in the article that stated these men worked in the public eye at all at WDW.

A parent can't always ride in the ambulance with a child, and like you also said, that person now knows where you live.

Despite all that, these people are disgusting. They aren't worth the air they breath.

Terra
02-22-2014, 07:35 PM

Jan

I agree with you as well.

And generally, you may be in a que line, but [hopefully] children are with adults so I'd say there is less opportunity for an employee to do something. And they certainly do not know the full schedule unless you post every waking moment.

And honestly, I hate when the media spins things like this. There are child predators every where in every job! Just because one of the largest employers in Orlando happen to have a couple doesn't mean more than a Doctor/Nurse/CNA, etc at the multitude of hospitals having some either.

It's all terrible.