PDA

View Full Version : VWL Rehab Update

VWL Mom
02-12-2014, 11:13 AM
According to DVC news the VWL rehab is underway and expected to be completed by March They started from the top and have finished the fifth floor. The kitchen area looks much brighter and I do like the faux hardwood floors. It looks like they replaced the WL themed lighting fixtures with generic lighting which is kind of sad to me though.

Hammer
02-12-2014, 01:49 PM
According to DVC news the VWL rehab is underway and expected to be completed by March They started from the top and have finished the fifth floor. The kitchen area looks much brighter and I do like the faux hardwood floors. It looks like they replaced the WL themed lighting fixtures with generic lighting which is kind of sad to me though.

Lynn, the lights in the previous design were pretty, but I don't think they allowed for enough light to filter through. I have the same issue with the lighting in AKL DVC rooms.

VWL Mom
02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Christine, they definitely didn't allow a lot of light, especially in the bathroom. When they redid WL late year though they switched out the panes to allow more light but still left the cut out fixtures which was nice.

Right now, the photo of a completed room shows a big white hanging lamp which IMO takes away from the whole motif. I guess I just enjoy the individuality of each resort and would hate to see that disappear.