PDA

View Full Version : Best Italian?

Gator
02-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I like to enjoy good Italian from time to time. At WDW, I've been to Tony's where I really like the eggplant pamasean. It's been a while since I've been to Tony's because it seems the menu is always changing and they took off the one good thing I loved. Haven't tried the two at Epcot.

Which place do you suggest and what food?

mdricks
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Probably not what you were thinking but I love Tutto Gusto Wine cellar. I go there every trip for wine and apps. Great atmosphere and not too bad in the vino department.

Well last time I was in EPCOT I wanted to eat at Tutto Italia. Slowest time of the year so we didn’t bother to get ADR's. Turned away at the door. ( the maître’ d was very rude and actually laughed at us, different story...)

Anyway, decided to go next door to get a bottle of chianti and drown our sorrows and low and behold the Italia menu was sitting right there.

Ate the food I wanted, in a great atmosphere with 2 excellent bottles of wine. Food came very fast, and the service was quick due to the fact that so few people were eating meals.

The experience was out of this world and I will definitely go back.

:number1:

Lindsey310
02-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Every trip we have to eat at via Napoli in Epcot. It's delicious. My husband loves the candele pasta and I love the rigatoni with chicken in a cream sauce. The pizza is excellent also. Leave room for dessert: the tiramisu is DH favorite and I love the pistachio gelato. Enjoy!! :eat:

TheDuckRocks
02-13-2014, 11:09 AM
In order of best to least liked by us is:
Tutto Italia - Epcot
Via Napoli - Epcot
tied with
Mama Melrose - Studios
Tony's - MK

Up next trip, a new one for us, will be Portobello in DTD.

big blue and hairy
02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
All of the Italy Pavillion restaurants. BTW previous poster mentioned getting Tutto Italia food at Tutto Gusto. You can do that, but only after 4:30pm. We will be doing that next trip. :D

:sulley:

mdricks
02-13-2014, 01:03 PM
All of the Italy Pavillion restaurants. BTW previous poster mentioned getting Tutto Italia food at Tutto Gusto. You can do that, but only after 4:30pm. We will be doing that next trip. :D

I would add, however, prior to 4:30 they have an extensive antipasti service with excellent small-plate Italian specialties. Cheeses, meats pickled veges, flatbreads, pastas, paninis...

Not quite dinner but still very nice.
And dont forget the vino! La perfezione!!!

NJGIRL
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
I like both Italian restaurants at EPCOT.

Portobello is very good too.

Don't care for Tony's at all.
Mama Melrose I can take of leave it was OK

big blue and hairy
02-13-2014, 06:59 PM
I would add, however, prior to 4:30 they have an extensive antipasti service with excellent small-plate Italian specialties. Cheeses, meats pickled veges, flatbreads, pastas, paninis...

Not quite dinner but still very nice.
And dont forget the vino! La perfezione!!!

Right, forgot to mention that part. :D

:sulley: