PDA

View Full Version : Confused by FP+

JuleeM13
02-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm really confused by how the whole FastPass+ system works. Can anyone point me to a good detailed explanation?

faline
02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
We're all confused!! It's a new system and it's still being tweaked so it's possible that things will change along the way.

Right now, if you are staying in a Disney resort, fastpass+ allows you to book 3 fastpasses in any given day in ONE park of your choice. You can book 60 days in advance of your arrival using the My Disney Experience site. Some parks have tiered their rides which may mean that you can only book a fastpass+ for one of two different rides that you wanted to book. In order to book rides in advance, you must have an account, must link your reservation to the account, and must link your tickets to the account.

If you are not staying in a Disney property, you will not be able to book fastpass+ in advance of your arrival (Word is they are working on this) but would need to visit a fastpass+ kiosk at the park in order to book your three fastpass+ options for that day and park.

mrte62
02-11-2014, 11:46 AM
If you are not staying in a Disney property, you will not be able to book fastpass+ in advance of your arrival (Word is they are working on this) but would need to visit a fastpass+ kiosk at the park in order to book your three fastpass+ options for that day and park.

Probably belongs in Rumors, but any word on how far along they are with offsite stays and FP+?

faline
02-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Probably belongs in Rumors, but any word on how far along they are with offsite stays and FP+?

No idea - I've heard they are hoping to introduce pre-visit reservations to annual passholders but not much beyond that.

JuleeM13
02-11-2014, 04:54 PM
So am I reading it correctly that if you have a park hopper pass and visit two parks in one day I can only reserve fast passes at one park?!?

Wow, this keeps sounding worse by the minute!

VWL Mom
02-11-2014, 05:03 PM
No idea - I've heard they are hoping to introduce pre-visit reservations to annual passholders but not much beyond that.

They did start the AP trials at the end of last month. Invitation only for the time being.

NewmanFamily6
02-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately, yes you are correct. We can only book 3 fp+s in ONE park per day. This is why my family isn't getting park hoppers for our August trip.:(

JuleeM13
02-11-2014, 05:05 PM
I ALWAYS get park hoppers but I think for the first time they are going to lose my money on that.

rjmdds
02-11-2014, 05:50 PM
One way that Park Hoppers can you be used as an advantage with FP+ is if you are the type of family that can be at a park at rope drop. If so, you can hit a park at rope drop, hit all of the headliners there without needing FP's, then hop to the next park in the afternoon/evening and have FP's set up for headliners there. This way you can hit the headliners in both parks in one day. Whereas before, you wouldn't have been able to do that since by the time you hit that second park, most FP's may have been gone. Just a thought.

yankeesfan123
02-11-2014, 06:22 PM
One way that Park Hoppers can you be used as an advantage with FP+ is if you are the type of family that can be at a park at rope drop. If so, you can hit a park at rope drop, hit all of the headliners there without needing FP's, then hop to the next park in the afternoon/evening and have FP's set up for headliners there. This way you can hit the headliners in both parks in one day. Whereas before, you wouldn't have been able to do that since by the time you hit that second park, most FP's may have been gone. Just a thought.

I wish there was a "like" button.

mickclub1955
02-11-2014, 06:22 PM
I concur!!!!!:ditto::exactly:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-11-2014, 06:30 PM

Just speculating, but I suppose the issue is that they don't want park hopper holders booking 3 FP at each of the 4 parks and then not using them, but at the same time making them unavailable to other guests. I guess the work around is you'd still be limited to 3 per day, regardless if you were hopping to one park or four.

Kind of like early days of the DDP, people would make reservations for four restaurants on any given day in each of the parks to cover all their bases.

You would think, that if you purchase the add-on Park Hopper, that they'd have the ability to let you, and limit you, to 3FP in two parks. But, maybe then they'd think everyone would buy park hoppers to get the extra FP.:confused::confused:

You'd think if you're spending a couple billion plus change you could come up with a simple fix that allows at a minimum to book 3 FP+ in one or more parks on a given day. If you are forcing people to plan out their park days 60 days in advance, at least give them the full opportunity to do it.

yankeesfan123
02-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Just speculating, but I suppose the issue is that they don't want park hopper holders booking 3 FP at each of the 4 parks and then not using them, but at the same time making them unavailable to other guests. I guess the work around is you'd still be limited to 3 per day, regardless if you were hopping to one park or four.

Kind of like early days of the DDP, people would make reservations for four restaurants on any given day in each of the parks to cover all their bases.

You would think, that if you purchase the add-on Park Hopper, that they'd have the ability to let you, and limit you, to 3FP in two parks. But, maybe then they'd think everyone would buy park hoppers to get the extra FP.:confused::confused:

You'd think if you're spending a couple billion plus change you could come up with a simple fix that allows at a minimum to book 3 FP+ in one or more parks on a given day. If you are forcing people to plan out their park days 60 days in advance, at least give them the full opportunity to do it.

I really think that, eventually, we will get to book FP+ for multiple parks. I may be wrong, but my guess is this is one of the top complaints they are getting. It is also a complaint that actually appears fixable and realistic.

I could be wrong.

rjmdds
02-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I read a rumor today about them allowing you to book an additional FP (based on availability) once you have used your allotted 3 for the day and continue doing so throughout the day. Who knows, really. It gets mind-numbing after a while.

mickclub1955
02-11-2014, 07:02 PM
I read a rumor today about them allowing you to book an additional FP (based on availability) once you have used your allotted 3 for the day and continue doing so throughout the day. Who knows, really. It gets mind-numbing after a while.
I just saw this also. Some people were also getting around the tiering. Wonder if it is a glitch in the new download that came out today? It did say that it was a test though.

Aurora
02-12-2014, 09:41 AM

This is already happening because of the tiering system. People are choosing FP+ for attractions that never needed them before because the system forces you to choose 3 FPs in different tiering categories. Then they're not using the FPs for the non-headliners.

It's become so needlessly complex. Hopefully once the extended testing period is over, some of these illogical procedures will be corrected.

Mitzie
02-14-2014, 08:05 AM
This is exactly what we did on Jan. 2nd. We hit AK park at opening and set up FP for the kids in HS that afternoon. It worked like a charm. We even worked around dinner ressies in Epcot. We got to ride everything we wanted and felt we got more than our monies worth out of our park hopper.

joonyer
02-14-2014, 12:50 PM
I really think that, eventually, we will get to book FP+ for multiple parks. I may be wrong, but my guess is this is one of the top complaints they are getting. It is also a complaint that actually appears fixable and realistic.

I could be wrong.

No, you'll be proven right, and it is easily fixable. WDW will do it once the demand gets high enough, but there will be an extra fee attached. either that or it'll be offered as a perk to deluxe resort guests, or a combination of the two.

moe513
02-15-2014, 07:56 PM
What effect has this had on the regular fast pass availability???

mickclub1955
02-15-2014, 09:46 PM

There are no more regular fast passes. That is a thing of the past.

AndrewJackson
02-16-2014, 07:44 AM

Devastating effect, really. ;)

DisneyMelissa
02-16-2014, 11:32 PM

Went to Epcot today, got there around 1pm....the only available fast passes for the rest of the day were for Maelstrom, Living With the Land, Journey Into Your Imagination and Meeting Mickey. Because I'm an AP holder....I'm not able to reserve ahead of time, and because I wasn't there at rope drop, we had the VERY limited selection for FP+.

I am NOT an early riser, I hope I'll get a chance to ride Test Track one day without having to wait 100+ minutes in line! :(

yankeesfan123
02-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Luckily for you AP holders, it is still in testing phase.

I read recently that they just started testing with some AP holders recently, correct?

I believe it was something along the lines of reserving FP+ but only for 6 days at a time in a 60 day period if you didn't have a hotel reservation. Once you used 1 day, you could go back and book a 6th day again. The 6 day limit would help avoid hogging FP+ and never using them.

Big picture: Even if I was wrong in what I read, it's still in testing and I'm sure they will accommodate APs as well as they can.

Bigger picture: this entire year of testing was/is horrible for APs and you should get discounts next year.

bdm@pga
02-17-2014, 12:43 PM
A friend of mine was in int eh parks this weekend...at one point the fp+ kiosk line was longer than haunted mansion...this isn't a good plan folks!!!

moe513
02-18-2014, 05:06 PM
No Im so confused. Can someone direct me to a good site to fill me in on this? I am so fat behind on this new system. thx

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 05:13 PM
No Im so confused. Can someone direct me to a good site to fill me in on this? I am so fat behind on this new system. thx
There is plenty of information right here on Intercot... What kind of information do you need to know? Just ask, we'll help you...

moe513
02-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Can someone please recommend a place I can go to and learn about this new fast past +? I am so far behind in this new system. thx