PDA

View Full Version : Shirley Temple, former child actress, dies at 85

KentB3
02-11-2014, 05:59 AM
Agent: Shirley Temple Black Dead at 85
Feb. 11, 2014
By ABC NEWS via GOD MORNING AMERICA

Former childhood movie star Shirley Temple Black has died, her agent announced in a press release.

She was 85.

According to the press release, she died Monday night, surrounded by her family and caregivers.

Black is best known for her doe-eyed turn in numerous 1930s films, including "Bright Eyes" and "Curly Top." After her entertainment career ended, she served as a U.S. ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.

Her survivors include three children, a granddaughter and two great-granddaughters.

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2014, 08:16 AM
She was an icon in my eyes.

RIP Shirley Temple. :(

BriarRose0708
02-11-2014, 09:30 AM
This makes me very sad, I grew up watching all her movies and my sister collects Shirley Temple dolls and memorabilia from the 30's and 40's. We loved her!

AgentC
02-11-2014, 10:04 AM
I have such great memories of watching Shirley Temple as a child. I think I need to get some and play then for my kids.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-11-2014, 03:49 PM
I don't really have any memories of her, she was well before my time, but I do always recall the image I've seen of her giving Walt Disney the honorary Oscar (or 7 little ones) for the first full length animated feature, Snow White.

MNNHFLTX
02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
This makes me very sad, I grew up watching all her movies and my sister collects Shirley Temple dolls and memorabilia from the 30's and 40's. We loved her!
I remember playing with Shirley Temple paper dolls at my grandparents house when I was little. They were already vintage then, but we still enjoyed dressing her up in her little outfits.

Everyone talks about how she was most famous child actress of her time. Yet she grew up into a mature woman, a loving wife and mother and served the country in her diplomatic roles. It's an example that more present day child actors could emulate. RIP Shirley Temple Black. You were a great lady.

Arielfan98
02-11-2014, 09:02 PM
I always loved her films. I passed by her home once when I went to California.

R.I.P. Shirley Temple, a wonderful woman.