PDA

View Full Version : Two tickets linked to bands

princessesmom
02-09-2014, 05:32 PM
My parents have an old non expiring hopper ticket with 1 day left on it. I linked that to their magic bands, so I could book fast pass + for them the day they arrive. They will be buying two additional days on a new ticket as soon as they arrive and those will be loaded as well. They will not be hopping on day one, so I want to make sure the 1 day hopper is not used that day. I phoned Disney to see how this would work. I was told the system will know not to use the hopper ticket until they actually hop parks. This sounds perfect, but I have been given some incorrect information from cast members in the past, so I'm still a little bit worried. My parents are not tech savvy and I won't be with them when they arrive at Disney and have the other days added to their bands. Has anyone been in this situation? And did things work the way I was told? If anyone has any experience with this, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

1DisneyNut
02-09-2014, 06:41 PM
From what everyone has been posting, we the guests know far more about how the system works than the CM's. Unfortunately, the information you got during the phone call may or may not be correct.

There were a couple of threads on this recently. I recollect them saying that there was no way for the system to make a distinction between which tickets it will use. Basically, you just have to go to the parks and see what happens and if/when it uses the wrong one, go to guest services and spend an hour or two straightening it out.

Now that may have been fixed in recent updates but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe someone that has had a similar situation with old and new tickets in the past week or two will see this thread.

d_m_n_n
02-10-2014, 12:48 PM
We had this issue. I went to guest services at dtd to get it straightened out. I believe she said the last tickets added were the first tickets used...and she was able to take care of it. I would be safe and let guest services do it for you...I had zero luck with tech support...:thedolls:

princessesmom
02-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info. IF the last tickets added are used first, everything will work out fine. I'm going to have my parents speak with someone at FW when they check in and buy the new tickets. And then speak with someone again before they enter a park the first day. I may even meet them outside at EPCOT and speak with the person myself. My parents don't understand how any of this works and they really don't want to be bothered (for that matter neither do I). Hopefully it will all work out and it won't take hours with a guest service person to make that happen.

MickeysBestPal
02-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info. IF the last tickets added are used first, everything will work out fine. I'm going to have my parents speak with someone at FW when they check in and buy the new tickets. And then speak with someone again before they enter a park the first day. I may even meet them outside at EPCOT and speak with the person myself. My parents don't understand how any of this works and they really don't want to be bothered (for that matter neither do I). Hopefully it will all work out and it won't take hours with a guest service person to make that happen.

Check with a CM at a Guest Relations booth before they enter the first park.
No other CM will know anything of value.
Have the Guest Relations CM prioritize the tickets so that the tickets that you want to use first are set to the highest priority.