PDA

View Full Version : Kennels

Harkleroad
02-09-2014, 11:36 AM
We recently adopted a silky terrier. We had planned to wait until after vacation but couldn't wait for fear that she would be sold. Since she is still young we don't want to leave her at a kennel at home. We would like one near Disney so that we can check in on her. The one on property is over $40 a night. She will be a little over three months and about 5lbs. Have any of you used one in the area or know of one that is recommended? Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-09-2014, 02:06 PM
The one on-site is lovely, but can be a bit expensive.

The only other one I've heard of close to Disney(although I'm sure others will be along with more reviews) is Bass Pet Resort (fees start at $22/night).

1DisneyNut
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
We used the Day Camp at the one on site this past summer. I would highly recommend them (Best Friends).

We were staying offsite at a hotel that allows pets and went by and picked our dog up after leaving the park each day. That is yet another one of the reasons we stay off site now. WDW and their resorts are not pet friendly at all.

Dulcee
02-10-2014, 12:32 PM
We used the on site for our two dogs this past trip. We loved it. It is pricey but we wouldn't hesitate to use it again. You get a discount on your rate if your a WDW guest and an additional discount for AAA.

Having them on property and close to us was completely worth the extra expense.