PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Non-Signature Table Service?

natedog24
02-08-2014, 02:15 PM
I find myself always going to many of the same restaurants on my WDW trips. For the next trip I'm planning now, I'm looking to branch out!

What is your favorite non-Signature Table Service Restaurant? Doesn't matter if it's in the parks, or at a resort - I wanna hear about it!

Thanks in advance!

SBETigg
02-08-2014, 03:06 PM
My favorite non-signature table services are:

Raglan Road
Kouzzina
Grand Floridian Cafe
Sanaa

I also like Via Napoli, Tokyo Dining, and Chefs de France. And lots more.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Kouzzina. I've always had good food, good service, and a fun time. My favorite dish here is the Fisherman's Stew - Scallops, seasonal Fish, Shellfish, Fennel, Grilled Bread, and Ouzo Butter. But I also love the slow-cooked Lamb Shank - served with Oven-baked Gigantes Beans and Lamb Jus. Last time, our server brought us some complimentary ouzo. Opa!

TinkerbellT421
02-08-2014, 04:22 PM
We really enjoyed liberty tree this year. It was our first time there and loved it!

So, I would have to say in no particular order:
- 'OHana
- liberty tree tavern
- cape may

Those are my favorites for now lol

JerseyDad
02-08-2014, 07:19 PM
...Raglan Road

...Via Napoli

...La Cantina de San Angel

cornfarmdave
02-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Kona Cafe :lei:
Sanaa :secret: one of our new favorites
Fultons Crabhouse for lunch. Much more reasonable and relaxed for lunch. Lobster bisque :eat:

Enjoy!

dvcmember83
02-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Ohana
Sanaa

March Hare
02-09-2014, 08:19 AM
It depends on where you are

Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Hollywood Studios: 50's Prime Time
Epcot: Teppan Edo
Resorts: Boma,Beaches and Cream, 1900 Park Fare, and Kona Cafe.

Fangorn
02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
"Favorites" are, of course, personal preferences, but here are some of ours. It all depends on what you like and what type of food you're craving at any given time.

With that caveat, here's my list:

Kona Café (this tends to be a staple for us, both lunch and dinner. They have some of the best appetizers around)

Boatwrights (at POR) - Southern/Cajun. Never had a bad meal and the service has always been great. Easy to get a table anytime.

Yak & Yeti - the green beans are killer.

Maya Grill (at Coronado Springs) - This is, IMHO, by far the best Mexican cuisine at WDW. I like La Hacienda at Epcot, but Maya Grill is superior. Another spot that's easy to get into.

Like most everyone else, 'Ohana is a favorite, but only if it's more than just DW and I. The place is a lot more fun with a group. (With just the two of us, we opt for Kona Café).

Steve

Davy Crockett
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
Biergarten - Epcot
Yak & Yeti - AK
Tusker House - breakfast - AK

Arielfan98
02-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Rose and Crown Pub for sure!

They offer:

Fish N' Chips
Fish n' chip and steak combo
Shepherd's Pie
Mushy peas
Bangers and mash

And for dessert I'd recommend Mandy's Mess which is poundcake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream :tasty:

Plus if you time it right you can get special seating/ standing area for restaurant customers only to see Illuminations!!

disneynarula
02-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Captain's Grille

TheDuckRocks
02-10-2014, 10:52 AM
My list just keeps on growing! These are currently the ones we go to again and again:
AK - Yak & Yeti
Studios - Mama Melrose
Epcot - Chef de France, La Hacienda, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli
MK - Be Our Guest (when we can get ADRs)
AKL Kadani Village - Sanaa
Coronado Springs - Maya Grill
Poly - Ohana
POR - Boatwright's
Yacht Club - Captain's Grille
DTD - Paradiso 37, Ragland Road, Wolfgang Puck Cafe (we do tend to go to the QS Express more often now)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Ohana and Kona

Janmac
02-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Restaurants we are sad when we can't eat there (mostly because they're closed for rehab because we usually schedule as early as possible):

1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian - supper. Tremaines. 'nuff said.

Crystal Palace, MK - breakfast, as close to 8 am as possible on a non early EMH day

Trail's End at Fort Wilderness Campground - usually supper. With rocker time on the porch either before or after. Trail's End because we're almost more hung up on camping than WDW and because favorite relatives were named Crockett and loved the campground and rocking on the porch and because our grandkids, as toddlers, were so happy to find familiar food here after being so good at trying strange stuff everywhere else in the World. It's not dining it's eating. plain food. friendly folk.

Jan

VacationDisney
02-10-2014, 06:31 PM
We really love Raglan Road:cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
02-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Be our Guest, followed closely by 50's Prime Time and Coral Reef! Love them all! :mickey:

joonyer
02-10-2014, 09:40 PM
My favs in this category are 'Ohana and Rose & Crown. Boma is another good one.

tundramom
02-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Teppan Edo- I just love Hibachi
Via Napoli- wood fired pizzas
Maya Grill- Steaks, Fajita's, Chips and Guac
50's Prime Time- comfort food, fun wait staff

and hoping Portobello will be- never been before, next trip in 10 days-no dining plan so we are trying several new places:thumbsup:

DonaldDuckUSA
02-11-2014, 09:55 AM
50s Prime Time: Goooood food. We're southerners and we were surprised by how much we liked the fried chicken. We love themeing and experience and we have never had a bad meal. Also, we feel its the best TS value in the parks. IMO, HS is lacking in quality meal service, so Prime Time is a really important stop for us.

Yak and Yeti: More good food! Like, really good food! And if its crowded we can order off the whole menu from the bar, so no ADRs for us. The main dining space has huge windows so it lets in a lot of natural sunlight and I hear you can watch the parade from there. The space is decorate with authentic items found in Asia. We've never felt rushed. Somehow, the pathways are always crowded in AK, but it always feels relaxed in this restaurant.

Gator
02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
MK: Liberty Tree Tavern has great Thanksgiving/Christmas style food. Comfort food for sure.

Epcot: Akershus has a great cold table with cheeses and smoked salmon and mackerel. The entree's are very tasty, and the desserts are fantastic.

DHS: Prime Time has some great fried chicken and milk shakes. The shakes aren't as good as at the SciFi, but that's all that's good at SciFi so I can't call that a fave.

AK: We love Tusker House! It's like Boma's but with less curry-loaded foods. Very tasty stuff, plus characters at lunch.

snowflakegirl
02-14-2014, 11:16 PM
A couple of our current favorites are:
Boma - this is a *must* every trip for dinner...next trip we're adding in a breakfast as well (stayed at AKL last time and breakfast smells amazing!).

Restaurant Marrakesh - also a must every trip.

Yak and Yeti
Tusker House - for breakfast

While Kouzzina isn't necessarily a "favorite" the calamari appetizer is good, the lamb-shank is amazing and the pastitsio is incredible.

mom2morgan
02-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Our favourite by far is 'Ohana. Others that we really liked are Biergarten, Boma, Rose and Crown and Coral Reef (although I've seen it gets a lot of poor reviews - we had a great meal in a very nice atmosphere!)