PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Car on Property

VacationDisney
02-07-2014, 09:34 AM
We are going back to WDW in August. Husband is attending a conference. We are planning, right now, to use ME for transport to and from the airport.

Husband will need to attend conference for 3 days. Can we rent a car on Disney property for him to use to get to the conference? Will there be an issue on him keeping the car for 3 days?

Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
02-07-2014, 10:38 AM
We used our points last year to stay at AKL before our cruise. Instead of Disney, we went offsite (LEGOLAND, etc), just rented a car at the Swan/Dolphin. Easy peezy lemon squeezy...

Took a bus to MGM then walked over and picked up the car. Same thing at drop off...

mydisneygirls
02-07-2014, 11:04 AM
You may get a better deal renting for the whole week...even though you may not need it. Daily rentals can be around $30-$35....I paid around $100 for the entire week last August with AAA rates through Hertz at the airport. Might be worth checking into.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-08-2014, 11:43 PM
I believe Alamo is the official rental agency for Disney, and they have I believe at least two locations on property. One is the WDW car care center, which I believe is located right before you enter the MK. The other location is the Swan/Dolphin. We rented I think a Dodge Journey for 8 days and it was less than $400. We did the same thing, took ME to and from our home resort, POR, and then rented a car once we got there. Alamo will send a shuttle to your resort to pick you up, and will take you back when you drop off the vehicle.

One thing that I found out, at least it was for me, was that it was cheaper renting from Alamo on property then it was renting the same vehicle form Alamo at the airport. I think the airport rentals have a lot more taxes plus the convenience. I think it was $50 or so cheaper on property.

I would definitely do it again.