PDA

View Full Version : MagicBand Question

DDawg1968
02-06-2014, 10:10 AM
I just heard a rumor that characters, I imagine face characters, have the ability to "know" your name associated with your magic band when you get close to them. Also they would know if you are celebrating a first visit, birthday or other celebration. I would imagine you would have to have the celebration information linked someway to your reservation, i know your name is already linked to your band. This would be cool, but also creepy, lol.

mickclub1955
02-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I heard that they were using this feature when you visit "talking" Mickey on Main Street. Sounds cool to me. Especially for little ones. Of course if they see Mickey later in the day that doesn't talk (Like at Chef Mickey's), they may be a little confused.

MickeysBestPal
02-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I heard that they were using this feature when you visit "talking" Mickey on Main Street.

That has not been done in actual practice.

There are too many "unusual" names that
can be easily mispronounced by characters.

Calling a child "José" when the child actually pronounces his name as "Josey" can damage the "magic."

Also, in the case of "Pre-recorded Mickey" (the "talking" character who meets with guests at Town Square Theater in MK,) many names have not been pre-recorded.

mickclub1955
02-06-2014, 12:00 PM
That has not been done in actual practice.

There are too many "unusual" names that
can be easily mispronounced by characters.

Calling a child "José" when the child actually pronounces his name as "Josey" can damage the "magic."

Also, in the case of "Pre-recorded Mickey" (the "talking" character who meets with guests at Town Square Theater in MK,) many names have not been pre-recorded.
This is nice to know. Thank you for clearing that up. I had just heard this and thought that it was a cool feature. Glad to hear they are using restraint.

Bruegge
02-06-2014, 03:08 PM
I hope it's true, Our 25th anniversary is during our June trip (our reason for going and staying at GF)

I told the reservation CM it's a 25th anniversary and..... I'm just putting it out there......

I'm not opposed to special treatment or upgrades

Just Kidding...
I'm not really expecting anything... Really, how many people do you know that have late June anniversaries???

Doing V&A the actual night of our anniversary..

That should be (I hope) Magical enough for the whole Week...

Have a great trip..

mickclub1955
02-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I hope it's true, Our 25th anniversary is during our June trip (our reason for going and staying at GF)

I told the reservation CM it's a 25th anniversary and..... I'm just putting it out there......

I'm not opposed to special treatment or upgrades

Just Kidding...
I'm not really expecting anything... Really, how many people do you know that have late June anniversaries???

Doing V&A the actual night of our anniversary..

That should be (I hope) Magical enough for the whole Week...

Have a great trip..

My DW's birthday was put on our reservation and she was treated quite well on our last visit. It should be no different for your anniversary.