PDA

View Full Version : What Name Do You Use on Your Magic Band?

E-Ticket4
02-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Do you use your full name? First name or a made up name?
Sounds silly, but I was wondering if there was a reason to use my full first/last name.:mickey:

JerseyDad
02-05-2014, 10:10 PM
.....I only had my first name. On most days, it's a miracle if I can remember that ...let alone a fictitious one.

Dream'nDisney
02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
I was actually wondering this myself. We put our legal first names on ours for our upcoming trip, but my DH and I never go by our legal name. I thought if there was a problem, we would want to prove they were ours.

Pirate Granny
02-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Most couldn't use both names...there is a character limit..I think 9 only

1DisneyNut
02-05-2014, 10:37 PM
If/when I go and have magic bands I am going to use the name "FP+ Sux" :thedolls:

mickclub1955
02-05-2014, 10:50 PM
I used my nickname on mine.

DizneyFreak2002
02-05-2014, 11:53 PM
I saw someone used "Iger Stinks" (just didn't use stinks LOL), and that exact name was printed on the box and band LOL....

DizneyRox
02-06-2014, 07:10 AM
It's printed on the inside of the band, not the outside, so use whatever will help you keep track.

VWL Mom
02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
I would suggest you use the name you want to be addressed as. Whatever you put on the band will be the name they will call you every time you swipe it.

.....I only had my first name. On most days, it's a miracle if I can remember that ...let alone a fictitious one.:thumbsup:

Tink1
02-06-2014, 08:11 AM
I would suggest you use the name you want to be addressed as. Whatever you put on the band will be the name they will call you every time you swipe it.

:thumbsup:

I had a friend who used "Princess" and that is what they called her! She loved it

Nanc

1DisneyNut
02-06-2014, 09:12 AM
It's printed on the inside of the band, not the outside, so use whatever will help you keep track.

But it shows up on the screens for CM's when they are scanned. lol

buzznwoodysmom
02-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I used our first names for the boys and I. I did something different for DH. Years ago when I had gotten a new phone DH put in all my contacts for me. He put his as "Kevin is the man" as a joke. Ever since then his number is always listed under "Kevin is the man" even when I have gotten new phones. So to surprise him, and to keep the joke going, the name I put on his band was The Man. Lol.

A little off topic, but the boys and I once took his phone and set it so that Suri would acknowledge him as "Kevin thinks he's the man". Priceless to see the look on his face, and the laughter from the kids and I, the first time he realized what we did.

DonaldDuckUSA
02-06-2014, 10:35 AM
We used nick names. No big deal for us. Made the trip even more fun. :mickey:

SurferStitch
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
I used "TinkRBell" on mine (9 character limit), and DH used "Yensid".

DonLefNY
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Just my first name.

mom2morgan
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
LOL - that's priceless! :D

I used our first names for the boys and I. I did something different for DH. Years ago when I had gotten a new phone DH put in all my contacts for me. He put his as "Kevin is the man" as a joke. Ever since then his number is always listed under "Kevin is the man" even when I have gotten new phones. So to surprise him, and to keep the joke going, the name I put on his band was The Man. Lol.

A little off topic, but the boys and I once took his phone and set it so that Suri would acknowledge him as "Kevin thinks he's the man". Priceless to see the look on his face, and the laughter from the kids and I, the first time he realized what we did.

Gator
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Can you say "Capt. Kirk"!!!!

N2DisneyWorld
02-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I had a friend who went with a group of people and they used the names of the seven dwarfs.

disneygoofball
02-07-2014, 01:42 PM
If/when I go and have magic bands I am going to use the name "FP+ Sux" :thedolls:

I love it! :thumbsup:

We all used nicknames. My brother and his family used variations of a pirate theme (captain, firstmate, swabby, etc..)

Dream'nDisney
02-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Great! I'm going to change ours. We might just have a little fun with it too! :D

MrPeetrie
02-12-2014, 09:18 AM
I just customized our bands for our September trip. Does anyone know when (if) they ship them? Or do we get them when we check in?

Also, can we change them up to a certain time?

minnie04
02-12-2014, 09:36 AM
I just put our first names...Now I wish I would have put something fun.. :( They just sent me the email about making changes and I said "no, I'm good", so I guess it's too late. I like the “Princess” one for my daughter. She hasn’t updated hers yet. I'm going to tell her to put that. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
02-12-2014, 10:34 PM
My DS4 wants his to say "T-Rex" because he's a huge dinosaur fan.

My DD11 wants hers to say "Queen Elsa" because of Frozen.

mickclub1955
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
I just customized our bands for our September trip. Does anyone know when (if) they ship them? Or do we get them when we check in?

Also, can we change them up to a certain time?

You have up until 30 days before your trip to customize. After that, they ship them to you. It only takes a couple of days to get them. Be sure to have them out when you check into your hotel, so you may want to put them in your carry on.

Bruegge
02-13-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm REALLY tempted to put something funny or even off color ...

Stud Boy, King Snake or something even funnier just to see the CM's face or see if they dare say:

"Welcome Love Machine to Space mountain"

Think about it ... it would make every scan a little funny...

It's a vacation... shouldn't we have a little fun???

Yes I have a sick sense of Humor... sry