PDA

View Full Version : 2 Reservations - Magic Band Problem

Dream'nDisney
02-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I booked at AAA room only rate for our entire several months ago. Then the Disney Visa 30% package came out. Unfortunately, only 5 of our 7 nights were available. So now, I have our first 2 days with AAA room only and a second reservation at the Disney Visa package rate. I later called and purchased MYW tickets. They put them on my package reservation because we are hopeful that the dates of our first 2 nights will open up under the package and we can just move them over. My dilemma is I am worried that my magic bands wont work until our package starts. When the cast member put them on our package, I told him I was worried about that, and he assured me that since he linked our reservations together, that there shouldn't be a problem. I want to know your thoughts on this. I am hearing conflicting information from castmembers who I have talked to since. :confused:

retiredfigment
02-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I am not sure if this is what is happening, but here is what happened with us. In October, we had reservations for 6 days at WL. When the discount opened up, we decided to stay an extra day, but couldn't stay at WL the first night. So we stayed at POP with our bands linked to WL reservation. We received two sets of Magic Bands in the mail. The first set opened the door at POP. On that first day at DW, the second set got us into the parks, and then when we moved to WL our other info was added. I guess this is a long winded way of saying that if you have the park tickets linked to your room reservation, it can be used early? (By the way, on the next to last day, we added an extra day to our tickets without any problem for I believe about $8)

Dream'nDisney
02-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Well, with many phone calls and being on hold for countless minutes, I finally got a castmember who was able to work some magic. Even though our room type has been unavailable for the days we wanted (the days we already have booked at the beginning of our trip with a AAA room-only stay), they were able to put all of our nights on our package with the room type we wanted!!! Problem solved. I just need to cancel our AAA room only reservation now. :mickey::cloud9: It pays to be patient and persistent!