PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road?!?

Adambomb85
02-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Have never been to Raglan Road and was thinking about adding it for the next trip (October). Any good reviews - is it worth it?

I am sucker for bread pudding, so I must admit, that is a big reason why I want to try it, but wondering what folks think. Any reviews to offer.

Thanks!

NJGIRL
02-03-2014, 02:20 PM
I have only been there once but really enjoyed it. The food was very good and the entertainment was fun. Just be warned that it is a very loud restaurant.

Lindsey310
02-03-2014, 02:36 PM
We went in October 2013 for the first time. While we enjoyed the atmosphere and entertainment, I personally didn't love the food. My dad had the fish and chips and they were very good. I would say try it once. You may have better luck with the food. :eat:

5 days!!!!! :cloud9:

Niecyboo
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I really liked this restaurant. My absolute favorite part? The bread pudding! I could have eaten 3 tubs of the vanilla sauce they put on it. One of my favorite bread puddings anywhere. I also really liked the Chicken Pot Pie I had, and my husband loves the mixed platter that has the blood pudding on it (but he also liked Beverly, so take anything he says with a grain of salt).

Itchy
02-03-2014, 03:22 PM
It has become a must do for each of our trips. My daughter has also become a fan for each one of her trips.

The food is very good and the bread pudding is a favorite of my daughter and lady friend.

You will enjoy the Irish entertainment in the evening during dinner.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

Kenny1113
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
We are here,for the first time, a few months ago. The food was OK but pricey!!!! I couldn't believe it was $19 for shepards pie! I had a $16 salad that I got for the beets only to discover it only had 2 little beets. :(
I agree the dancers are great entertainment.

I am so upset to find out that I missed a the bread pudding! I LOVE bread pudding!!!

dvcmember83
02-03-2014, 10:02 PM
I have eaten there twice and loved it both times. My favorite is the steak!

Quadstriker
02-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Sunday nights are the best with Justin and Johnny's music if you like traditional fare.

Don't care about the dancers on the other nights but many others do.

The food is fine and the Guinness is poured properly.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2014, 08:41 AM
We ate there in 2008 with mixed reviews...none bad however

1. Atmosphere, its pretty cool like a traditional Irish Pub
2. Service was reallyg good
3. Food-I had the Its Not Bleedin' Chowder which I thought was really good, mom had Kevin's Heavenly Ham-she was disappointed it was just a standard piece of ham nothing special about it-my son had the Serious Steak-he is a bit picky and didn't care for the sauce but I had a bite of it and thought it tasted great-
My son had the Dunbrody Kiss which was good and mom and I had the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding which was good but I didn't feel it lived up to the hype.

Overall I think we would eat there again but after we've tried some new places.

JerseyDad
02-05-2014, 12:25 AM
.....ate there last August ....had a wonderful time.

.....whatever you order ...get a serving of their fries. They are perhaps some of the best fries I've ever eaten. It may sound simple ...and 'boring' ...but a good fry ....is a work of art ...and there's are.

.....I had the Shepard's Pie ...and loved it.

....music is great ..as is the atmosphere.

MNNHFLTX
02-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Fun, fun place! The good is also good and actually the prices aren't bad compared to restaurants in the parks. Really, one of my favorite restaurants at WDW.

ginger19
02-11-2014, 12:35 PM
I think the Shepard's pie is made with Lamb which is why the price is higher.

We have been twice and it's become a must do on our list. I consider us very picky and we really enjoy the food.

Kanga-Roo
02-11-2014, 08:35 PM
This is always on our ADR list. I love Kevin's Heavenly Mist which is a ham dish served with Colcannon I think. They also did a superb dessert called a trio of panacotta but I think they have stopped this now. The Dalkey duo starters are fun too.

merciantinkerbell
02-12-2014, 08:29 AM
We ate there on our first trip and although the type of food served is readily available here in the UK we both agreed that the food was fantastic! Hubby had the mixed grill with his favourite black pudding and I had the Lambo lamb shank which was easily the best I've had. We're planning to go at least once on our next trip. One tip though, don't have a starter if you want dessert. We did and couldn't manage dessert which was a pity as they looked sooooooooooo good!

epceddie
02-22-2014, 08:27 PM
We ate there on Valentine's Day and the place was a zoo. It was very noisy and the food was okay but not great. We had the scallop forest and I think they were frozen, because they had no taste at all. Nothing like the sweet and tasty scallops we get here in the northeast.
They tried to sit us at a horrible table that was right on top of the table next to it and we asked to wait for another one. On our way back to the waiting area, two seats opened up at the bar and we grabbed those instead.
I did have a pretty good hamburger and my wife liked the shepherd's pie, but they were both a little pricey. We didn't order that much food and the bill still came to over $90.
We've had much better luck at lunch here and that's when we'll be returning the next time.

VacationDisney
02-23-2014, 03:34 PM
We have eaten here in the past and really had a great experience. It can get loud so be prepared. The only thing we don't like is that some of the tables can be REALLY close together.

We are looking forward to going back again:thumbsup:

Crow
02-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Ive eaten there numerous trips and almost every time was good. last time the fish and chips at lunch didn't seem quite as good.
of the places at DD the last few trips its always between RR and Paradiso. Ill be at DD sunday...deciding which of the two to go to