PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grille and Brewing Works

marlyn
02-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Does this restaurant not accept ADRs? I wasn't able to find it online to book when I was booking this morning. I also couldn't book Trex...I'm at 180 days. Has anyone else had trouble with Trex?

TheDuckRocks
02-03-2014, 08:02 AM
I had to phone T-Rex directly to make our ADR. Be sure you get one, that restaurant is crazy busy.
At Big River Grille we have never needed an ADR, just walking up has worked fine with little or no wait. I don't know if you even can make an ADR there.

Lindsey310
02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
No ADR accepted here. Get there early for shorter wait times. We went around 5 and were seated immediately for a party of 4. :eat:

5 days!!!! :cloud9:

#1donaldfan
02-04-2014, 12:12 PM
We've eaten T Rex several times and never had a reservation. We actually, the day of it's grand opening, got right in. We arrived, that first day, about 5 PM, so most people were still playing elsewhere. Big River we walked right in. :cool:

etibbetts
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
For T-rex I also recommend calling the restaurant directly. I had tried booking on Disney's site and they only had very late reservations open. Then I read about calling direct - got the date and time of my choice. From what I hear they only release a fraction of their available reservations to Disney, so that's why you can get more options by calling.

CanadianWDWFan
02-04-2014, 02:07 PM
We have always just walked up to Big River Grill and had no problem getting a seat, even in the summer. IMHO, the beer is pretty good but the food is sub-par.

Just went on line and clicked off the "reservations accepted" button and Big River Grill did show up then. It does not list that they accept reservations. Maybe you could call them directly and see if they do accept reservations.

marlyn
02-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I'll just walk up and see what we get. We thought it would be fun to try it one evening. I don't drink beer though and my boys will be 19. Maybe somewhere in downtown disney would be better?

#1donaldfan
02-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I'll just walk up and see what we get. We thought it would be fun to try it one evening. I don't drink beer though and my boys will be 19. Maybe somewhere in downtown disney would be better?

If you don't drink beer, even if you do, it's not really a great eatery. The service was crazy slow and the food was just ok. I was able to finally mark it off my "to do list". :mickey:

Melanie
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
If you don't drink beer, even if you do, it's not really a great eatery. The service was crazy slow and the food was just ok. I was able to finally mark it off my "to do list". :mickey:

I totally agree! It's a one and done for me. If you're going for the beer, there is as good, if not better, just steps away at a certain theme park. Maybe your boys would enjoy ESPN Club? We always have a good meal/time there.

marlyn
02-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I totally agree! It's a one and done for me. If you're going for the beer, there is as good, if not better, just steps away at a certain theme park. Maybe your boys would enjoy ESPN Club? We always have a good meal/time there.

They do like ESPN. We've dined there before. Was thinking of trying something new. I think I'll ask them what they want. Maybe we will just wing it that night and if all else fails we can grab a quick bite at one of the food trucks in DTD!

Grace
02-16-2014, 08:16 AM
We generally eat there once or twice, since we stay at BWV a lot. It's a good beer & burger place, and their cheese soup is usually good. Nice spot to sit outside on the Boardwalk. That said, there are definitely higher end places to eat. BRG is what it is. The do take a sort of 'priority seating' if you call. :)