PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic fast pass +

NewDVCowner
02-02-2014, 04:49 PM
If I got the fs+ for fantasmic, is it worth it? If it doesn't save any time is the seating worth it? We going spring break of this year.

Thanks !

Strmchsr
02-02-2014, 06:18 PM
It gives you guaranteed admission into the show. That's definitely worth it if you don't want to pay for the Fantasmic dining package. Beats standing in line an hour to make sure you get in.

CaptSmee
02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
well...that depends. The myth was that there is no reserved section for FP+ holders, but I was there last week & attended Fantasmic. The old entrance for standby is now used for FP+ & the old entrance for dining pkg is now used for standby. So after walking through the huge queue I saw several magic band readers lined up & you enter at the top by the bathrooms where it is roped off almost identically to where the dining pkg used to be. So they were seating FP+ holders dead center in the stadium. If that's your thing I think it'd be worth it.

HOWEVER about 30 minutes to show time or so they started filling in all the seats around dead center (so anyone entering could sit right next to you w/no FP+).

It did not seem to guarantee you a seat, but rather the center of the stadium. All I know is we got there an hr early, had NP getting a great seat I'm standby & loved the show!!! (Hadn't seen it in over 2yrs)

MickeysBestPal
02-03-2014, 06:51 AM
well...that depends.

1- The myth was that there is no reserved section for FP+ holders, but

2- I was there last week & attended Fantasmic. The old entrance for standby is now used for FP+ & the old entrance for dining pkg is now used for standby. So after walking through the huge queue I saw several magic band readers lined up & you enter at the top by the bathrooms where it is roped off almost identically to where the dining pkg used to be.

3- So they were seating FP+ holders dead center in the stadium. If that's your thing I think it'd be worth it.

HOWEVER about 30 minutes to show time or so they started filling in all the seats around dead center (so anyone entering could sit right next to you w/no FP+).

It did not seem to guarantee you a seat, but rather the center of the stadium.

4- All I know is we got there an hr early, had NP getting a great seat I'm standby & loved the show!!! (Hadn't seen it in over 2yrs)

1- It was no myth. There was no FP+ reserved section.
If they have started one, that's another thing.

2- This is the first time I read this info.
What night were you there?

3- What section was reserved for the Dining Pkg. guests?

4- If you got there an hour early (as I always do, too) doesn't that negate the need for a FP+?
Most guests don't want to arrive that early and expect choosing a F! FP+ will allow them to enter F! much closer to show-time.

Strmchsr
02-03-2014, 09:50 AM

4- If you got there an hour early (as I always do, too) doesn't that negate the need for a FP+?
Most guests don't want to arrive that early and expect choosing a F! FP+ will allow them to enter F! much closer to show-time.

1 - There was one n October when I was there when they were first testing the FP+ for Fantasmic. and what is described in 2 is exactly how I saw it.

3. - Sorcerer Mickey was for dining package and either Pocahontas or Maleficent was for FP. I can't remember which it was.

4.) Agreed. It doesn't seem to make FP really worth it because you still have to get there 45-60 min early to make sure you get a good seat.

MickeysBestPal
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
1 - There was one n October when I was there when they were first testing the FP+ for Fantasmic. and what is described in 2 is exactly how I saw it.

3. - Sorcerer Mickey was for dining package and either Pocahontas or Maleficent was for FP. I can't remember which it was.

4.) Agreed. It doesn't seem to make FP really worth it because you still have to get there 45-60 min early to make sure you get a good seat.

Yes, I knew about the reserved section around October, (about when they began issuing FP+ for evening spectaculars) and it was a great thing, at the time.
But, nearly as fast as the F! FP+ reserved area appeared, it was taken away.
Then, there was no FP+ reserved section over the next three months (give or take.)

Now, this is the first report I've seen about "the return" of a FP+ reserved section.
And, since they appear not to actually "RESERVE" it starting at least a half-hour before the show (according to this CaptSmee account) IS it actually a "reserved section" at all, or just a "CM's workaround" due to complaints about the lack of FP+ seating?
It doesn't make any sense, if CaptSmee's description is accurate.

I'd think that if there was a reliable nightly F! FP+ section that there would
be many other reports about it.

CaptSmee
02-05-2014, 10:39 PM

I love it when people disregard what I'm saying. I'm a WDW veteran. I was there 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I didn't notice where they were putting the dining guests & it most certainly was roped off right at the top near where the bathrooms & snack stands are. Standby was seated first to stage left. FP+ were seated center stage. As the theater filled it filled from stage left across to the other side. They were still filling in right up until showtime.

Also its the 1st time that I saw a DJ that did a preshow around 30 mins to showtime...of course saving the wave until right before it started.

The whole reason I posted what I did was because I read posts saying there was no preferred seating & there sort of is.

It still did not seem like a good use for a FP+ to me, but neither does having it available for Figment!

CaptSmee
02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
IS it actually a "reserved section" at all, or just a "CM's workaround" due to complaints about the lack of FP+ seating?
It doesn't make any sense, if CaptSmee's description is accurate.

I'd think that if there was a reliable nightly F! FP+ section that there would
be many other reports about it.

It seemed strange to me that its how they were filling the theater, but I also dont know what time FP+ told them to enter the show. It seemed to me that they were given "preferred" seating & the section was pretty full about 30 mins until showtime.

To me didn't seem worth it, any seat is a good one at Fantasmic! :thumbsup: Love that show!