PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan's Flight

mickclub1955
02-01-2014, 04:11 PM
I just check ride times on my iPod and as with every day at WDW, Peter Pan's Flight is posting the longest wait times. Right now it is 90 mins. For an attraction that is 42 years old, that is awesome:cool:. When you go to the "World" is this a "must do" attraction for you? If it is, Why?:confused: And what is the longest you would wait for this attraction?

When I went a couple of weeks ago, I made sure I got on it by heading there first thing in the morning under Extra Magic Hours. For me it is the nostalgia, and it is one of the few rides where you actually "fly" over the attraction.

BuddyL4
02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I went on Peter Pan's Flight for the first time last August with my grandson. I don't know what took me so long to go on this ride! This now goes on my must do list.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2014, 05:30 PM
This is my mom's favorite ride in MK-I feel like we will be using one of our 3 FP+ here next trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-01-2014, 08:17 PM
We ride it at least once a trip ... usually twice.

But, I won't wait too long for it. I can't believe that people wait so long for a 2 minute ride.

We do it first, or will use a FP for it. It is worth it though, just so cute and it is "neat" to fly over London.

Melanie
02-02-2014, 08:57 AM
I TRY to go on it every trip. It's just SO Disney to me, the music especially.

AgentC
02-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I like it and it's definitely a classic that I go on if I can but I wouldn't wait in a long line or use a fast pass on it.

Altair
02-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Before FP+, if you went here first you could ride it multiple times with little or no wait. I wonder how the new system is affecting this strategy? :mickey:

brownie
02-02-2014, 06:06 PM
It's still a popular ride. I spent an hour waiting in line during evening Extra Magic Hours a couple years ago.

Sending this one over to the Theme Parks forum.

CaptSmee
02-02-2014, 06:16 PM
It's a must ride that's a classic. Only problem is it doesn't have a high capacity for moving the masses.

MrPeetrie
02-02-2014, 11:28 PM
We always ride this and we always used traditional FastPass in the past. I assume we'll use one of our FastPass+ selections for it on our next trip.
I've never seen the stand-by line less than 45 minutes. This ride is almost always a must-FastPass ride. I'll be curious to see how things play out on our next trip.

grumpyguy
02-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Why,because PP is the BEST ride !!
Classic,Classic,Classic...for me and probably my age bracket (won't go there) it's the nostalgia of it all.
PP is the ride I remember most from my very first trip to WDW as a kid back in '75.That and the fact my mom didn't want to wait in the " long line" for HM....
It's tradition now,first day of every trip, MK AND PP:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
There is something about that initial flight over London that always gets me.

That said, my tolerance and patience for that short a ride, no matter how much I like it or nostalgia there is, I won't wait long to do it.

I think our last couple of visits we've only done it during EMH.

azcavalier
02-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Yeah, what others have said. The fact that you are suspended, not riding along a track (like Winnie the Pooh) is what I love about it. You're riding above, around, and through the story.

We usually hit it with a Fast Pass, or first thing in the morning EMH. We won't wait to ride it.

Aurora
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah, what others have said. The fact that you are suspended, not riding along a track (like Winnie the Pooh) is what I love about it. You're riding above, around, and through the story.

We usually hit it with a Fast Pass, or first thing in the morning EMH. We won't wait to ride it.

That's our strategy too. If we're staying 'til park close, sometimes we'll run over and do it last thing.

It's one of the few rides left in Disney World that really give you that wonderful "old" Disney feeling.

whitney37354
02-04-2014, 04:02 PM
This is DD's favorite ride at MK. On our first trip, we rode all our favs a second time & we did wait in line for PPF for probably an hour. None of us complained & we had a fine time. On our second trip it was closed. We're planning a trip for next year & I'm sure we'll have to ride it at least once!

Arielfan98
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I do love this ride but if my family cannot get a FP or FP+ I should say now for it, it isn't worth it. It's less than 5 minutes, not like SM where you feel like it's a well deserved FP used. I could do without it.

#1donaldfan
02-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Besides Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan is my next favorite at the MK. I love the mountains, but Peter Pan and JC are "Disney" to me !! We typically hit that side of the park first, everything is walk on. By the time we're done on that side, it's picking up pace and we move on. :mickey:

AndrewJackson
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Peter Pan is one of my all-time favorite. We typically hit it right after the rope drop. I don't think I would be willing to wait more than 15 minutes for it though.

Speedy1998
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
I like it because it is a classic, but I only ride it if I am at the park early in the morning, and the line is short.

Stu29573
02-05-2014, 03:15 PM
We try to hit it every time. Strangely, it reminds me of an old album we got at Gulf gas stations when I was a kid that had "You Can Fly" as the first track. I hear that music and I am six all over again!

DryCreek
02-06-2014, 03:32 PM
The Peter Pan ride is one I always insist on when we hit the parks. I think it is a nostalgic throwback to the intent of Walt Disney's dream - to give us a gentle shove and let our imagination do the rest.

Now, not to start a fan flaming war, my last Disney fix was in DL, and I was surprised at how different their version is. Not by leaps and bounds, but in little details. Unless of course they have refurbished the PP at WDW MK since I was last there (2009). I honestly can't remember if the WDW version has a dark room with a mirrored floor and star field effect - does it? Both my wife and I remarked at how that was a neat touch and "something new".

mickclub1955
02-06-2014, 03:39 PM
The Peter Pan ride is one I always insist on when we hit the parks. I think it is a nostalgic throwback to the intent of Walt Disney's dream - to give us a gentle shove and let our imagination do the rest.

Now, not to start a fan flaming war, my last Disney fix was in DL, and I was surprised at how different their version is. Not by leaps and bounds, but in little details. Unless of course they have refurbished the PP at WDW MK since I was last there (2009). I honestly can't remember if the WDW version has a dark room with a mirrored floor and star field effect - does it? Both my wife and I remarked at how that was a neat touch and "something new".

WDW's does not have this and yes DL's version is awesome. Makes it out like Neverland is in space. The moon effect after the London scene is also amazing. They put their money into the one at DL.

disneygeek87
02-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I truly love this attraction, however it's probably been two or three trips since I rode it last.

I'd much rather get in line for HM or something that I know is a bit of a crowd eater and still love to ride than wait for a crazy amount of time and not see more of the park.

Part of my lack of patience probably comes from the fact that I know we only have four days to cover four parks and we're only there once a year. I'm hoping the new FastPass+ system will help get me back to Neverland!

tundramom
02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Another vote for nostalgia, can't explain it but this is the one ride that makes WDW special for me.The music, I love looking down over London and watching the cars, catching the silhouettes on the moon, Tiger Lily, etc. We won't wait in line longer than 20 minutes (DH fails to see the charm) and have used traditional FP in the past. I have it for one of our FP+ this coming trip. One year my DH just wouldn't wait and didn't want to use FP so we went without ( I thought I'd be OK without since we go yearly), I was surprised how disappointed I was when we came home. So, I have promised myself never to miss it again even if it means we split up for a while.:cloud9::mickey:

Sylvia
02-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Peter Pan has always been one of my favorite attractions. To me, Peter Pan really is magical and is a prime example of what fantasy should be. I love riding over the lights of London, seeing the story come to life, and hearing the music. Whenever I'm in my flying pirate ship, I'm a kid again (not that I've ever grown up LOL).:cloud9:

I happily ride at least 2 times during every WDW visit, usally during morning EMHs, or occasionally later during the day. I typically don't join a line which has a wait time of more than 30-45 minutes. I'll go back when the line is shorter. Since my typical WDW trips are 2 weeks, I have the luxury of waiting for a shorter wait time.:cloud9:

snowflakegirl
02-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Peter Pan is one of my all time favorites and I make a point to ride it at least once every trip. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but whenever anyone asks me why I always just say because that ride is magic to me. And it is. I usually FP it, but I'm not sure what my plan will be next time with the FP+ . It's a must do for me, though, so I'll need to figure it out.

RavsRuleDisney!
02-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Definitely one of the 'classics' - if u r a first timer get on even if the wait is long. After that it becomes time management, use/don't use a FP, catch it at opening or during a parade or show, etc....have been on it numerous times since waaay back and probably won't use a precious FP on it so if the line is doable we'll jump otherwise no.... :thumbsup:

Puppy Mom
02-08-2014, 12:45 PM
I like the ride (don't love it), but that may be because I have seen it so many times. I won't wait any longer that 15 minutes for it, but I won't wait more that 40 minutes even for my very favorite ride.

Terra
02-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes indeed! Something about sailing over the city and the scenes! The first time I rode it was the original at Disneyland! Back in the early 70s!! LOVED it then. And still love it :) Though we do FP it! No way would my ASD son wait that long in that line without freaking out.

mom2morgan
02-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Well, I think it's cute, but I won't stand in line long to ride it. Honestly, there isn't much in Fantasyland that I consider a must do - I prefer more intense rides, and the longer ones with a bit of a story (I like Jungle Cruise!). I find Peter Pan to be a pretty brief ride experience.