PDA

View Full Version : ADR $10 deposit

marlyn
01-31-2014, 08:00 PM
Is the $10 per person deposit for all ADRs or just certain ones? Also,what if you make your ADRs the decide that you would like to change the venue....for example you book crystal palace 180 days out then later decide you want Garden Grill? Do you just transfer deposit to the new choice? Surely you can change your plans between 180 days and your trip....is there a cut off date where you can no longer make changes?
While I sort of agree with the concept of a deposit, it sure takes flexibility away if it applies to all restaurants.
Is there somewhere all this info is posted? My 180 mark is in 3 days.....

mickclub1955
01-31-2014, 08:07 PM
I believe you have up to 11:59 pm on day before your ressie. There is a post on here somewhere. I will have to find it. I will bump it up.

faline
01-31-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't believe it's a deposit. It's a charge that is made if you don't show for your reservation or cancel later than the allowed cancellation time.

marlyn
01-31-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't believe it's a deposit. It's a charge that is made if you don't show for your reservation or cancel later than the allowed cancellation time.

Ok, good. That makes more sense. I had read somewhere that it was $10 per person deposit. I thought that seemed excessive. So basically, I make reservation, change if I wish. Only get charged the $10 if we "no show".

Actually, this is a good idea. Might make it easier to get ADRs in the long run.:thumbsup:

Hammer
01-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Here is the official policy--. I highlighted the parts concerning charges and when a cancellation needs to be made to avoid the charge.

NEW ADVANCED DINING POLICY AS OF OCTOBER 31,2013.

Effective for dining reservations booked beginning October 31, 2013 this policy will be in effect at ALL table service restaurants.

Guests will be required to provide a credit card for all table service reservations. A charge of $10 per guest will then be automatically applied if a cancellation is not provided at least one day in advance.
In the case of pre-paid restaurants and venues such as dinner shows, the entire amount will be retained in the event of failing to cancel. The new policy applies to non-Disney operated restaurants as well.

Cancellations can be made on the Disney Dining website, at guest relations, a restaurant podium, or via a special phone number at 407-WDW-CNCL. To avoid the penalty, the cancellation must be made up to 11:59pm on the day before the reservation.

marlyn
01-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Here is the official policy--. I highlighted the parts concerning charges and when a cancellation needs to be made to avoid the charge.

:thumbsup: Thank you Christine!

Bruegge
01-31-2014, 09:58 PM
I knew it's $10/person if you No Show or cancel after midnight the nite before.

What happens if you reserve for 6 and show up with 4 people? Do you get charged $20?

1DisneyNut
01-31-2014, 11:28 PM

What happens if you reserve for 6 and show up with 4 people? Do you get charged $20?

Yes, because you reserved 2 spaces that could have been sold to other guests. If two can't make it with your party, you need to cancel their reservations at least one day in advance of the reservation.

Kanga-Roo
02-01-2014, 03:23 AM

Hi, I had reservations booked at Tusker for 4, unfortunately DH was sick on the day so 3 of us turned up and we were not charged for anything other than 3 meals :mickey:

VWL Mom
02-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Yes, because you reserved 2 spaces that could have been sold to other guests. If two can't make it with your party, you need to cancel their reservations at least one day in advance of the reservation.
Is this a new policy because up to now that has not been the case? We had taken a 4 for 3 person ADR in January and were not charged.

Hi, I had reservations booked at Tusker for 4, unfortunately DH was sick on the day so 3 of us turned up and we were not charged for anything other than 3 meals :mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot!!

DizneyRox
02-01-2014, 07:15 AM
The charge is currently all or nothing. If someone shows up, no charge. If nobody shows up, $10 per person on the reservation.

Davy Crockett
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I've been making multiple ADR's for our upcoming trip and what I see is that WDW will hit the CC you have on file with a $1 charge when you set each TS and the charge description is coded like a room internet charge, BUT when you actually go to your cards on-line site (mine is AMEX) that $1 charge does not exist. So making the ADR does not have a deposit perse.

You will only be charged the $10 per head fee if (1) you do not cancel 24 hours or earlier before your ADR and or (2) just don't show up at all.

Wright46
02-03-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience getting charged with the $10 no show fee. I hope they are enforcing it - I'm just wondering if it is just a scare tactic.