PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever tried a Disney Recipe?

mickclub1955
01-31-2014, 01:57 PM
If you did, what was it, and did it taste better than Disney's, about the same as Disney's, or did Disney's taste better?

I make my own Lilikoi (Jungle for all you Boma fans) juice. It tastes about the same but doesn't have the same consistency. I do have to admit that Disney's is better but it helps me relive a little bit of Disney magic.

I am going try Tonga Toast next.

buzznwoodysmom
01-31-2014, 02:13 PM
I made a few items from Ohanas. We have family that usually travels to Disney with us and we all LOVE Ohanas so much. One day we invited them over and had an Ohana meal.

I made the Maui scalloped potatoes. Ohanas no longer serves those, but they were so good! I also made the chicken wings. We grilled meats on our BBQ, first marinating it all in Ohanas marinade. I also made the bread pudding with bananas foster sauce. And we had pina colodas in our poly tiki mugs.

The meal was a huge success. Everything was tasty. The potatoes and bread pudding tasted identical to Ohanas. The chicken wings and meats were also good, but not an identical match. I liked my meats better, but Ohanas chicken wings were better.

I once tried making the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby. It was not good. Lol. I threw the whole thing away.

brownie
01-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Cottage pie, Huey, Dewey, & Louie sundae, almond chicken, and a sandwich from King Stephen's banquet hall. The cottage pie is much better; my bride makes it!

lawgirl
01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
I found the best recipe for the Bobotie from AKL. It is amazing. I actually kinda like mine better! Could be because there's is on the buffet, while mine is piping hot out of the oven. I do it in individual ramekins as well.

The next one I want to try is the Chai Creme from Sanaa. That stuff is incredible!

momef3grls
01-31-2014, 08:22 PM
I have made the cheese soup from Canada and it was perfect each time. I have all the cook books courtesy of my daughter the Chef who did the college program down there.

T-Belle
01-31-2014, 09:16 PM
I tried making Tonga Toast...not even close, however I got the Yankee Pot Roast recipe from LTT and it was delish...and just like the one they make. I make it all the time now.

JenniferS.
01-31-2014, 09:40 PM
My 10 yr old (with dad's help) made the Strawberry Soup from 1900 Park Fare. They give the recipe with the photo. I didn't try the one there, but my daughter's was really good.

DizneyRox
02-01-2014, 07:23 AM
The almond cheese cake from Narcoossees turned out very close. Pot roast from 50s Trime Time was good, but not the same as the parks. I use the Flame Tree BBQ rub on everything in the smoker and it's fantastic!

Never had a problem with a recipe...

mickclub1955
02-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Okay, I made my Tonga Toast this morning and it was just as good as Disney's. Very Good! Note to self though. If I buy another Sour Dough bread block. Cut in half. I had the equivalent of two of Disney's Tonga Toasts with my one. DW and I are very full.

Denise, next time I want to go to O'hana I'm just going to go to your house. It is a lot closer. LOL!!!!

buzznwoodysmom
02-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Denise, next time I want to go to O'hana I'm just going to go to your house. It is a lot closer. LOL!!!!

Lol!

There is a Texas de Brazil in Baton Rouge. It's similar to Ohanas in that they bring around meat on skewers. That would be even closer!! We haven't tried it yet, but plan to in March when we are in BR for a weekend for a military convention.

merciantinkerbell
02-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Had the Disney Cookbook for my birthday and made the slow-braised lamb shanks from the Grand California hotel. Never been so can't compare but we both thought they were very good and really enjoyed them. Want to try Tonga toast but can't find sourdough bread over here :search:

Zawadi
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Cheddar Cheese Soup (Le Cellier)
Italian Lemon Tart (Disney Cruise Line)
Carrot & Ginger (Boma)
Salted Pretzel Bread (similar to those in Le Cellier)

So far so good :)

Kenny1113
02-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Coconut curry soup from boma
Lentils and hearts of Palm salad from boma
Hitipi from Spoodles
Lighthouse sandwich (no recipe...) CHH

All were very good! :)

Kenny1113
02-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Coconut curry soup from boma
Lentils and hearts of Palm salad from boma
Hitipi from Spoodles
Lighthouse sandwich (no recipe...) CHH

All were very good! :)

Oh yeah! And we have made a dessert pizza, I believe it was called chip and dale dessert pizza from chef mickey's. My kids love it! It has PB, chocolate chips, marshmallows and a little bit of jelly.

disneygeek87
02-04-2014, 02:39 PM
My husband and I use our Chef Mickey cookbook all the time! Even if the item doesn't come out exactly as it does in the World, it's wonderful to have a taste (literally) of the magic when we're stuck up here in blustery Ohio. If you ever have a chance to look through it, check out the Flametree BBQ dry rub. We use it on everything and it is delish!:eat:

i'm grumpy
02-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I wanted to try the breakfast potatoes from O'hana, but no one has the recipe. Sis made Dole Whips.