PDA

View Full Version : Reservation with an infant

mel373
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I currently have a reservation for 4 for dinner at chef mickeys. I didn't realize that the baby counts as a person since we don't have to pay for her. We would be 4 and a high chair. I can't get a reservation for 5. Do you think I will have a problem when I check in?
Thanks

SBETigg
01-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Probably not. I think they will be accommodating. I would be surprised if they haven't seen similar situations previously.

In the future, even at non Disney venues, just keep in mind that it's not a matter of who is eating at the table but needing space for the infant (usually a carrier or high chair) and fire code. Restaurants need an accurate head count for safety reasons. Enjoy Chef Mickey's!

buzznwoodysmom
01-30-2014, 09:11 PM
We had the same problem in November. We were a party of 25, including an 8 month old and a 2 year old (both of whom were under the age for the dining plan. All 7 of our reservations were made for just 23. We had no problems at all at any of the locations. They were all easily able to accommodate our two extra little guests. This could have been because we were already such a large party. It was also Thanksgiving week, so a sort of busy time. I think you will be fine. Good luck.

disneynarula
01-31-2014, 12:49 PM
we were in a similar situation a few years ago. We were there with a party of five, one being an infant that I did not think needed an ADR. We were never turned away. However, they will not always provide a place to park a stroller or provide a place to put an infant carrier. As long as you are willing to hold the baby it should not be a problem.