PDA

View Full Version : 2014 DVC Membership Magic AP Special

VWL Mom
01-30-2014, 10:12 AM
From member services

New Annual Pass discounts available through April 30, 2014
Theme Park ticket discounts are the most-requested of all Member perks, and Disney Vacation Club is thrilled to deliver on that request with three Annual Pass discounts available for purchase starting February 6 through April 30, 2014.

Eligible passes include the Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass (unlimited Park hopping at all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, two Water Parks, parking and no blockout dates), the Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passport (315-day Park hopping at the two Disneyland Resort Theme Parks) and the Disney Premier Annual Passport (unlimited Park hopping at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Theme Parks with parking, no blockout dates and more).

If you already have an Annual Pass that expires soon, here’s a little money-saving tip. Simply purchase your new discounted pass by April 30, 2014, and redeem when your current pass expires, anytime between now and Jan. 31, 2015

Now I have to decide if I want the Premier AP or not. :confused: We'll be going to DL this year and I'm wondering if it's worth getting one for the discounts on food and shopping. Will have to run the numbers.

Donald_Quackers
01-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Mine expires in June - going again in May, will most likely go after May as well - that 200+ discount can't be ignored.

Butters
01-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Has anyone seen the prices on these discounted passes? I have not been able to find them.

Donald_Quackers
01-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Has anyone seen the prices on these discounted passes? I have not been able to find them.

It's under Membership Magic, in the Special Offers section.

WDW PAP is $484 (savings of $
DL Deluxe AP is $429 (savings of $70)
Premier Annual Passport $849 (savings of $130)

sassafras
01-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Talked to Member Services this morning. She said she really couldn't tell me much at this point since the special rate hadn't started yet, but to remember there's 7.5% tax on top of the price. It's not included on the website.

Butters
01-30-2014, 12:40 PM
It's under Membership Magic, in the Special Offers section.

WDW PAP is $484 (savings of $
DL Deluxe AP is $429 (savings of $70)
Premier Annual Passport $849 (savings of $130)

Thanks

MarkC
01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
I tried to call member services this afternoon but gave up after a long hold so they may be getting bombarded with questions.

The premium AP discount is enticing. Does anyone know when you have to redeem it by to start your year long clock? If it's only a couple of months it won't work for us. If they give us a year it would easily be doable.

VWL Mom
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
I tried to call member services this afternoon but gave up after a long hold so they may be getting bombarded with questions.

The premium AP discount is enticing. Does anyone know when you have to redeem it by to start your year long clock? If it's only a couple of months it won't work for us. If they give us a year it would easily be doable.

According to the post on the member site the passes need to be activated by January 31, 2015.

Christine
02-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Now I have to decide if I want the Premier AP or not. :confused: We'll be going to DL this year and I'm wondering if it's worth getting one for the discounts on food and shopping. Will have to run the numbers.

Do it!!! I got mine this month and the discounts are higher than regular AP or dvc!! Plus it just looks cool!!! #streetcred ;)

Mushu11756
02-01-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm confused the DVC annual pass right now cost $464 plus tax . AmI missing something ?:confused:

FiggyFan
02-02-2014, 01:03 PM
The "PAP" refers to the Premium Annual Pass. It includes waterparks, which are not included in the regular AP.

TinkerbellT421
02-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm confused the DVC annual pass right now cost $464 plus tax . AmI missing something ?:confused:

No, not missing anything. That's why they are pushing it as a big promotion. They had a huge turn out last time they did this. If they normally only get let's say 100 people to purchase a PAP, but during this promotion they see a jump in 1000 people buying, they are making a huge profit in the end.

I really wish DBF and I would STOP missing these promotions by a year every time! :thedolls:

Mushu11756
02-03-2014, 12:39 AM
The "PAP" refers to the Premium Annual Pass. It includes waterparks, which are not included in the regular AP.
I'm curios if they will offer the plain annual pass or if they are only offering a discount on the premium pass

VWL Mom
02-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Do it!!! I got mine this month and the discounts are higher than regular AP or dvc!! Plus it just looks cool!!! #streetcred ;)
I think I'm leaning towards it but I have to call MS on the 6th when they have all the info. Normally the premier passes are only available at the parks (no vouchers) so I'm not sure how this will work. Maybe they're making an exception for this offer?

I'm confused the DVC annual pass right now cost $464 plus tax . AmI missing something ?:confused: One thing to keep in mid if trying to choose between the two, June 1st is normally time for a price increase so the AP price may be close to the special PAP price.

I'm curios if they will offer the plain annual pass or if they are only offering a discount on the premium pass
During the last special they did continue to sell the DVC AP and renewals so I would lean towards yes but am not positive.

VWL Mom
02-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Update on Premier Pass: So I did check with MS. The Premier Pass may only be purchased on site at WDW or DL. :( Also, the DL Dlx AP offered has black-out days so looks like I'm out of luck on this one.

TheDuckRocks
02-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Update on Premier Pass: So I did check with MS. The Premier Pass may only be purchased on site at WDW or DL. :( Also, the DL Dlx AP offered has black-out days so looks like I'm out of luck on this one.

Strange that you were given that info, I just bought my Premier AP Promo yesterday (2/6/14) by a phone call to Member Services.

VWL Mom
02-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Strange that you were given that info, I just bought my Premier AP Promo yesterday (2/6/14) by a phone call to Member Services.

:confused: They told me I could buy the Premium AP and the DL Dlx through them but I had to be onsite for the Premier pass, that was even after I complained that I wasn't going to DL until June and wouldn't be back at WDW before that. Looks like another call is in order. :mad:

Thanks for the info!

TheDuckRocks
02-10-2014, 11:35 AM
:confused: They told me I could buy the Premium AP and the DL Dlx through them but I had to be onsite for the Premier pass, that was even after I complained that I wasn't going to DL until June and wouldn't be back at WDW before that. Looks like another call is in order. :mad:

Thanks for the info!

My bad! I'm sorry I did get the Premium AP.:blush:

dlpmikki
02-22-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't have a current annual pass. Can I do this offer and activate it when we go in December? Our is the delayed activation only available if you have a pass due to expire?

VWL Mom
02-22-2014, 01:21 PM
You do not need to be a current AP holder to take advantage of the delayed activation for WDW, just as long as it is activated by Jan. 2015

seanyred
02-24-2014, 09:14 PM
FYI I just checked the DVC website and the price increase does NOT impact this special offer! I'm glad they didn't pass this increase on to the DVC special.

VWL Mom
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
So I figured out the reasoning of not selling the Premier vouchers ahead of time. FL charges sales tax on theme park tickets and CA does not.

Trying for plan B. If I buy the DL AP special and use it for one day and then upgrade to the Premier would I get credit for the $429 special or the $479 DVC or the $499 full? Any ideas?