PDA

View Full Version : Little Things

DDawg1968
01-29-2014, 11:49 AM
NO, I am not a Directioner (my 14 yr old DD is though), lol. One of the things I like so much about WDW are the little things. Such as the Haunted mansion ring (which I heard is no longer there :( )and the Key under mat at Muppet Vision, wooden leg named Smith, and hidden Mickeys. I have not been since Thanksgiving 2008, are there any newly discovered, placed hidden or lesser known gems out there like these around the parks?

Bay Lake
01-29-2014, 01:36 PM
The one thing I like is license plate number on the limo in RnR dictate what song you hear.

Gator
01-29-2014, 01:56 PM
I love going into the Tower of Terror and seeing the many different props from the actual show. Most peope jus ride it, but being a fan I love the many items in there.

The broken glasses from "Plenty of Time".
The ventriloquist dummy from "Caesar and Me".
The cook book in the library from "How to Serve Man".
The coin seer box from the William Shatner episode.
The California Adventure TOT has a window that says "Willoughby Travel", a nod to my favorite episode "A Stop in Willoughby".

There's many other in there, too. I love the "little" touches they have all over that ride.

EJS-Houston
01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
I love going into the Tower of Terror and seeing the many different props from the actual show. Most peope jus ride it, but being a fan I love the many items in there.

The broken glasses from "Plenty of Time".
The ventriloquist dummy from "Caesar and Me".
The cook book in the library from "How to Serve Man".
The coin seer box from the William Shatner episode.
The California Adventure TOT has a window that says "Willoughby Travel", a nod to my favorite episode "A Stop in Willoughby".

There's many other in there, too. I love the "little" touches they have all over that ride.

WOW! I'm learning so much from this thread already! :rocks:

PirateLover
01-29-2014, 03:06 PM
I like some of the aesthetic features in the new Fastasyland areas. Like at the Tangled tower, you see hoof prints with "Maximus" written in the horseshoe imprint on the ground, and closer to the Little Mermiad area there are seashells in the concrete.

We LOVE Disney
01-29-2014, 03:10 PM
NO, I am not a Directioner (my 14 yr old DD is though),

LOL......my daughter (14 in March) is too!

The one thing I like is license plate number on the limo in RnR dictate what song you hear.

WOW, I NEVER knew this! Which license plate though? Where do I look?

chefmickey3
01-29-2014, 08:39 PM
The ring is still there! My son asked a CM who showed him where. We look at it every time.

The sign in Liberty Square is cool - about voice lessons.

Main Street USA has a ton of special surprises - the phone in the hat shop...talking in the alley...and I love looking at the windows which each represent someone associated with Disney.

Lots of fun details...

Tearin_it_up
01-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Here is what I came across
1QKLIMO: "Nine Lives"
UGOBABE: "Love in an Elevator" & "Walk This Way" (Formerly UGOGIRL Pre-2004 Refurbishment)
BUHBYE: "Young Lust", "F.I.N.E.*" & "Love in an Elevator"
H8TRFFC: "Back in the Saddle" & "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
2FAST4U: "Sweet Emotion"(live)

Where is the Haunted Mansion ring at? I looked for that fairly good!:confused:

merciantinkerbell
01-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the Haunted Mansion ring?

mickclub1955
01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the Haunted Mansion ring?

In reality the Haunted Mansion ring was what was left over from a metal post being cut off at ground level and it was attributed to the Master Gracey of the Mansion and his bride from the attic. It has since been covered over on one of the recent refurbs when they added the interactive items for the line outside. I heard that they added an actual ring in the pavement but I have not seen it.